5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Machine
Our old AEG Washer Dryer gave up on us so we needed to look for a new machine. Having already purchased a separate tumble dryer we concentrated on a washing machine with a large capacity. Having done a lot of research we came to the conclusion that this Panasonic machine was the one to go for.

The machine was easy to fit and came with a Panasonic six year parts...
Published 20 months ago by James Pestell

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor after sales service from Panasonic
Published 3 months ago by GW

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Machine, 21 Oct. 2013
James Pestell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic NA-140VZ4WGB 10kg 1400rpm Freestanding Washing Machine With Steam Action - White (Misc.)

The machine was easy to fit and came with a Panasonic six year parts and labour warranty which you can apply for on the Panasonic website. Also currently they are offering an additional £60 cashback on this model so all thumbs up!

Straight from the start it was easy to use and all the various programmes were easy to work out. When putting on a new load it automatically calculates the weight and the correct time to run the load. One of the best features though is the steam function on the shirt programme. The shirts do come out wrinkle free and we just hang them up and most of them don't need an iron at all. This isn't just a marketing gimmick the steam functions really do make a difference.

With it's large capacity, quiet operation when running and A+++ energy rating, we cannot recommend it highly enough. It cleans really well and we haven't got one complaint with it. If you want to make your life easier when it comes to washing I would buy this machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor after sales service from Panasonic, 2 April 2015
Fine for eighteen months then just stopped one day with an error message. Still in warranty but then the saga begins! 5 days for the repair agent to arrive. Stays 2 minutes before saying it needs a new 'board'. Needless to say he has to order it. Took a week to come back. Meantime, like most families who use a washing machine daily we are using friends, neighbours and the local cleaners to help us out. Engineer takes 3 hours and then states that he can't repair it. Agrees to submit a report to Panasonic. This takes 3 days. Numerous phone calls...... Panasonic take 3 days to evaluate.....numerous phone calls. Finally agree to replace but we've had enough. Insisted on a refund and now bought a Miele. Strongly suggest you bear in mind the potential of poor after sales service when considering this, or any other, Panasonic machine. Panasonic think nothing of leaving you without a washing machine for weeks on end and make you chase them to respond. The reviews on Amazon are quite good - at time of writing I appear to be the only negative comment. However, check the same product on the John Lewis website and you'll see more poor reviews about the after sales service. If your product keeps working I guess you'll give it a good review! CAVEAT EMPTOR.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself the money!, 20 Jun. 2015
Marbab (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
I have a very slightly older model than this one but it has all the same functions. How I wish I had never bought it but at the price I paid, I'm afraid I am stuck with it for the time being. The washing action is ok but if you enjoy having to add clean DRY washing to your load before it spins, then this is the machine for you! My machine sits on a solid concrete floor in my utility room so I do not believe that the floor level is an issue, nor do I believe that I overload with washing but this machine constantly fails to reach a final spin until I unload the soaking items, put one or two items back with a dry towel to spread the load and then try to spin again. And this is supposed to be a labour saving device?? If anyone can advise me if I am doing something wrong, please let me know but I have been buying and using washing machines for the past 50 years so I hope I know a little about doing the laundry. By the way its just my husband and I in our household so I'm not even doing a family wash. I will never consider this make of washing machine again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent : Comes with 6 years parts and labour warranty, 29 Sept. 2013
its very quiet. comes with a large range of programs. It calculates the load and time required. Much quicker than my last machine. It has a child lock and can be paused mid cycle. Good value for money, excellent washes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour and choose another brand ...., 5 May 2015
This is the third Panasonic washing machine I have had in the last 3 years, the second one lasted 2 months before it stopped with the same fault as the first one had. An enginerr came out and wanted to replace the motor and the whole module, after a couple of false attempts I have just got my new replacement today. I have very little faith in the machine and my experience with Panasonic Customer Service (if you can get hold of anyone who understands you from their Romanian Call centre) is poor. Do yourself a favour and stay well clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 8 Nov. 2013
I bought this because I needed a large capacity washing machine. This is more than adequate for my family of 5 and it washes really well. It was easy to set up, easy to understand and it gives a clear indication of the time it will take. Obviously, there are functions on it that will be rarely (if ever) used but it is good to have these. The reason I have given it 4 stars as opposed to 5 is that the steam function is rather over-rated. I was really hoping that steaming the shirts/kids clothes etc would relieve me of the ironing duties...but sadly not. It does, to be fair, reduce the number of creases but doesn't eliminate them so sadly, my ironing task on a Sunday evening is still present! That said, the 6 year guarantee is a bonus and I have literally stuffed piles of clothing into it and it still says capacity is only 60%!!!! A good purchase, I am happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine, very quiet, 11 Jan. 2015
Excellent machine, very quiet, massive load capacity, easy to use, special wash programmes for most types of clothes, useful steam capabilities. No negatives so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream machine, 19 Oct. 2013
This is the best washing machine ever. I haven't had a chance to use all of the programmes just yet but the ones I have used are amazing. The machine is so quiet that I kept having to have a sneaky peek as I thought it had stopped. I have done a wash using the the easy iron steam programme and although your sheets do not come out completely totally crease free, they are an awful lot better than with my old machine, which tangled and twisted everything into a big lump. Ironing would be minimal if necessary and
I'm sure that if the weather was a bit brighter, hanging washing outside might possibly do away with the iron for some items completely

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 17 Nov. 2013
I highly recommend this product. It is well worth the money. It works well, is very quiet and the special functions are all very good. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic NA-140VZ4A, 12 Jan. 2014
great machine extremely quiet, but tends to move about on top spin mode despite being perfectly leveled otherwise 5 star