4.0 out of 5 stars Fits and looks great
This is the third Expert Shield protector I have bought. I bought one last week to fit my X-E2, it fitted cleanly first time. This one wasn't so easy, but only because there was so much dust about. I fitted it in a humid bathroom using the supplied cloth and a torch, as recommended, but had 2 or 3 dust particles trapped every time. Never mind, perseverance won. I used...
Published 12 months ago by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Size disappointing
As others have pointed out, the screen protector is actually slightly smaller than the screen on the camera. Resulting in around a 1mm gap on every side. Initially I thought no more of it as once the screen is on you don't really notice if looking straight at the screen.

The problem arises when you try to take high of low shots as there is a distinct line...
Published on 10 Aug. 2012 by K. Jackson

‹ Previous | 16 7 856 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but care required in applying, 16 Nov. 2012
The screen protector is not just a thin plastic film, but actually quite a stiff (though very transparent) plastic sheet + gel layer to smoothly bond to the LCD screen, which seems like it should be reassuringly tough. I discovered that it is very important to try to apply in as dust-free environment as possible - although the screen can be peeled back several times to remove bits of dust and still bond tightly to the screen there is a risk of building up static which attracts more dust. This is not so much any fault with the product just a fundamental bit of physics! However, the seller was extremely helpful in giving me feedback on how to do it better and ultimately (and very quickly) sent me a replacement screen after I'd botched up the first one, which I applied in my kitchen after boiling the kettle for a while to give a suitably humid environment. I now feel rather more relaxed about taking my camera out - one I hope to keep using for a good few years.

Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM IMPRESSED!!, 18 Feb. 2015
E. Pitt (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The shield is very easy to apply - it is quite stiff and really not prone to trap bubbles at all. Once on, it becomes completely invisible. I followed instructions for cleaning the screen and applied in a relatively dust free area, which I also sprayed down with a fine water mister first. I had to re-position the shield once, just because I am a perfectionist, and that worked well. There is a tiny, tiny, fraction of a millimetre gap left around the edges, but I believe that is deliberate and best for application, removal and staying in place.
Of the two versions available - anti glare or crystal clear - I prefer this, the crystal clear shield. I have fitted the anti glare shield to another camera and although it looks matte and translucent rather than clear, once the screen is illuminated, it becomes invisible as well.
Overall - the clear shield looks good on my X-E2 and I am happy that the camera screen is protected. Would recommend and buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 20 Mar. 2013
I bought this to protect the screen on my new camera, having used one for a year or so on my old one.

It arrived after a couple of days and was simplicity itself to fit - no bubbles, no mess, easy.

I look forward to it doing the job for my new camera as flawlessly as the previous one did for my old one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, excellent customer service, 19 Dec. 2012
I had some difficulty applying the shield initially and ended up scrapping it. However, when I told Ed from Expert Shield, he kindly sent me a replacement and some advice on how to get it on. It's not on perfectly straight but it'll protect my screen and doesn't leave any residue when you remove it. More than one screen per package would be helpful though!

I've never really bothered with screen protectors in the past, but I accidentally scratched the LCD of my previous camera while on holiday and I really don't want this to happen to this one! Once it's on, it's not that obvious and doesn't take away from the picture quality of the LCD. Even if it's not on perfectly straight, it'll still offer protection for your screen and you won't notice it once you start using the camera...you'll be enjoying the pictures too much.

Definitely recommend! The customer service was great, delivery is fast and it gives me piece of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just simply wiping the screen with the supplied cloth and carefully pulling away the backing at a corner I got the Sheild on fir, 7 April 2015
I have fitted a few protectors before, but this was my first by Expert Sheild.
I read the instructions just to know what the expert approach would be but as I was about to travel I did not have time to steam up a bathroom.
Just simply wiping the screen with the supplied cloth and carefully pulling away the backing at a corner I got the Sheild on first time with perfect alignment and watched with amazement as it almost stuck itself down while all I did was pull away the rest of the backing. And not a single speck of trapped dust! The second protective plastic came away easily and left the Shield in perfect place.
Truly amazing product especially as I was working in a hurry.
I chose the matte finish and it is phenomenally clear and enhances the camera display by reducing an estimate 95% of the reflection.
Unlike other brands this on covers the screen edge to edge with no exposed margins.
Very very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screen protector I have ever used, 19 Mar. 2014
I've had many screen protectors over the years, some are better than others, some are just plain terrible..

I have to say honestly this blows all competition out of the water, easy to fit with simple instructions, really professional feel with a matt finish but with no effect on the display.

When i first applied the screen I did get a piece of dust under it, which I made a bodge job of peeling off- I could have lived with this and was completely my own fault but Expert shield sent me a courtesy email so I thought I'd mention to them. They ended up sending me a brand new screen in the post, first class- I wouldn't expect them to do this to everyone but I was really pleased and shows it is a company that cares about its reputation (as apposed to some who seem not to give a ff).

I'll only be ordering protectors from them in future, they might be a few quid more than others but really worth it..

5.0 out of 5 stars No worries, 5 Dec. 2012
Edward (UK - (Banbury)) - See all my reviews
I was very much in two minds about whether I would try to put a screen protector on my new Fujifilm Finepix X10 camera. In the past I have had several efforts at applying a screen protector to my mobile phone - and failed every time! Would a protector for the camera screen be another waste of money?

I need not have worried. The application was straightforward and the fact that the Expert Shield is fractionally smaller than the screen certainly helped with fitting it, without detracting from its efficiency. The material used is thick enough to provide good protection but is hardly visible when fitted.

I now have no worries that the screen will be damaged by my carelessness or over enthusiasm. The X10 is a robust little camera and I get the impression that the screen is the most vulnerable part of it. I am sure it is wise to use a screen protector - and the Expert Shield does the job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Quality, Quality, 25 Sept. 2013
My lovely new Fujifilm X20 needed a screen protector and I am so pleased I chose the Expert Shield. Being the owner of iPads and an iPhone I am used to the varying qualities and lack of ease of application of many screen protectors.

The Expert Shield is in a class of it's own. Not only is it an absolutely perfect fit but application is simply resulting in a a bubble free screen protector. What could be better than that?

The protector itself is of a substantial quality which gives me real peace of mind. Glare has been reduced to almost nil and because of the excellent fit you would be very hard pressed to establish the presence of an applied film to the screen.

Well done Expert Shield. It is always a true delight to find a company who really care about their product and their customers.

As you will gather I can heartily recommend this product to any X10 0r X20 owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transparently easy, 4 Sept. 2012
K. Clarke "Don" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
Simple to use and bubble-free, this screen ghuard was very easy to apply. On first attempt, I didn't put it on quite straight but it lifted off ok and reapplied just as easily - and with no bubbles (unlike other products I have used on phone and camera screens. Happy to recommend - arrived quickly too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - both quality & customer service, 4 Jun. 2014
Gary CLARKE (North Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
Ordered one each for my Fuji XE1 and XT1 at the same time - very quick dispatch and prompt delivery especially impressive given that I ordered over the Bank Holiday weekend. Fitted the XE1 protector first which went on without any problem but I then rushed the XT1 fitting too quickly (my fault) and got a couple of air bubbles but since rectified. Used the XT1 with protector fitted for the past few days and it appears to be well fitted (no lifting corners), very clear and robust to any knocks (no scratches). I also like the fact that the protector itself comes with a protection layer on top (not just on the sticky side) which means that doesn't get scratched when fitting / expelling air bubbles. Then this top layer just peels off. Have used other screen protectors in the past but these seem far better.

‹ Previous | 16 7 856 | Next ›