Size: FujiFilm FinePix X100S Crystal Clear Expert Shield|Change

on 23 April 2012
The Expert Shield Screen Protector arrived a week earlier than promised and is so much better than I expected. It was simple to apply to my camera screen (Fuji X10) which now feels as if it has an invisible "Teflon" coating, as it is unnoticeable once applied. I've seen other reviews saying that they have tiny air bubbles under the screen protector, but all you have to do is run a credit card smoothly across the screen with the flat edge of the card and the bubbles disappear. The screen protector fits beautifully and doesn't detract from the image on the screen. I have no affiliation with Expert Shield whatsoever - I am just a very satisfied customer. Try it for yourself!
on 13 May 2015
I ordered an Expert Shield protector for my new Fuji X100T and, I have to confess, made what can only be described as a bit of a pig's ear of applying it! Perhaps, with only one in a pack and the need to get it absolutely square on a slightly larger screen, one can fiddle about too much with more time meaning potentially more dust getting into the picture when, maybe, going for broke with a rapid smooth action would work better but, suffice to say, I fell firmly in the former camp! I have to confess that a protector not fitted square or with even a small bubble evident is not acceptable to me [I know, OCD, etc, etc!], which is where I found, using Expert Shield, the real benefit became apparent in that their customer service was absolutely unsurpassable. Having spoken to Lynn about my difficulties who, basically showed the tenacity of a Jack Russell Terrier in her commitment to not giving up on me until I had a perfect application, replacements were sent out to me immediately by First Class post, together with links to support articles so, eventually, having filled a clean room with steam from a boiling kettle and a go-for-it approach, I now have a perfectly applied protector which is indistinguishable from the naked screen. So, summing up, an impressive product with unbeatable support and the knowledge that, if something fails with it or it becomes damaged, Expert Shield are there to pick up the pieces!
on 17 April 2012
When a friend recommended Expert Shield I was dubious.... "I can get half-a-dozen screen protectors off eBay for that money! And, they're shipped free all the way from Hong Kong!". Eventually I got bullied into it.

Boy am I glad I did. What a difference! Not the sticky-back-clingfilm ones I've been fiddling with for years but a properly engineered product that is easy to fit does the its job perfectly.

Well, that's the Fuji X-10 sorted. Lets see if they have one for my shiny new Sony SLT-A77. If they don't, the camera's not coming out of the box till they do!
on 23 May 2012
Excellent Service - received the protector within 2 days of ordering. The Expert Shield was really easy to put on the camera - Well thought out installation instructions. The Expert Shield comes with 2 protective films - 1 each side of the protector.

Installation took 5 mins - start to finish!

1)Clean the screen (with the supplied cloth)
2)Take off tab 1 (the side which attaches to the LCD, and then line up Expert Shield on the screen. Repositioning is easy (if you leave 1 corner slightly raised). No issues with bubbles (even after a couple of repositions). The Expert Shield is SLIGHTLY smaller than the X10's LCD, so you may have to reposition before finding the exact centre of the LCD. The final result will see the protector centered with about 0.5mm gap on all sides.
3) Peel off the tab labelled 2 (the front of the Expert Shield.

JOB DONE!

Your LCD Screen now has an anti-glare finish that looks "factory supplied".

The view through the LCD has a slightly "ground glass" feel to it - i.e. not quite as sharp as using the LCD with no protection. This must be due to the semi-matt surface. No issue for me - knowing what the cost of replacing a scratched LCD can be!!
on 5 June 2014
If at first you don't succeed....well, that's tough luck! I bought two of these for different cameras - the size is spot on, the instructions are clear, and they seem like tough little covers - just as you'd like. I got the first one on just fine, smooth & speedy to apply, I've no doubt it'll sit on this camera as long as I own it. The second one though, I did end up with two small bubbles, my fault admittedly, but thought to myself 'I'm sure I can rescue it!' - not a chance! I do rate these protectors, but perhaps a 2-pack would be beneficial.
on 29 December 2013
I know that this screen guard is more expensive than othjer manufacturers but it appears to be well made and was very easy to fit to my camera. It is a little more rigid than others so to fit it was a relatively easy task as the old problem of fitting the screen where air bubbles etc get under the protector have been all but eliminated due to the thickness of the screen protector. So it isn't a case of putting it on and off several times, and then finding it isn't correct.
I would certainly recommend this seller screen protectors.
on 18 July 2012
Great product - installed in the bathroom so no dust and only one bubble, which smoothed out easily. A vital add-on for the fujix10 - I thought I didn't need a screen protector and promptly collected a small scratch on the screen (very irritating). Thanks to the expert shield, I'm happy chucking the camera in my everyday bag for impromptu photos on the move, which is the whole reason I got the camera in the first place. Arrived within 24 hours of placing the order too!
on 1 April 2012
A little tricky for fumbly fingers to fit but good instructions and a neat fit when accomplished. So far this product has made the grade and gives a protective and anti-glare surface. As yet to be time-tested.
on 20 June 2012
I cleaned the screen before applying.
Applied protector carefully, but bubbles appeared under it.

After providing the above feedback, the seller contacted me straight away - by phone and email.
He was very helpful and eager to resolve.
A replacement was posted to me straight away.

The main thing is to ensure that the screen is clean and dust free.
Just applied this, and I am very happy with the result.
Great service.
on 29 January 2014
The screen protector fits very easily and is very easy to remove and replace if you don't get it right first time.

However, I had a problem which I didn't think their customer service would be able to fix, so I wasn't even going to try. Basically, I thought my screen looked a bit 'fuzzy' with the protector fitted. Given all the positive reviews, other people obviously didn't think the same thing. Anyway, I received an email asking how I'd got on with the product, so thought I might as well reply and say I wasn't really satisfied. It turns out that the screen protector I received was an anti-glare one, which most people seem to get on well with, but not me. I received a clear version in the post the next morning and it's perfect.

So, I'd personally suggest people go for the clear one, but it seems it's just a case of preference.

It's an expensive product, comparatively, but well worth it for the quality, ease of application and the customer service, which, in my case, made all the difference.