4.0 out of 5 stars Fits and looks great
Published 7 months ago by Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Size disappointing
As others have pointed out, the screen protector is actually slightly smaller than the screen on the camera. Resulting in around a 1mm gap on every side. Initially I thought no more of it as once the screen is on you don't really notice if looking straight at the screen.

Published on 10 Aug. 2012 by K. Jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars Size disappointing, 10 Aug. 2012
K. Jackson - See all my reviews

The problem arises when you try to take high of low shots as there is a distinct line across the screen from the edge of the protector. Aside from this the screen protector seems of good enough quality and was easy enough to apply bubble-free, I just don't understand why it can't be cut to the same size as the screen. If it's meant to be for a specific camera, you would imagine its dimensions would match those of that camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits and looks great, 25 Jun. 2014
This is the third Expert Shield protector I have bought. I bought one last week to fit my X-E2, it fitted cleanly first time. This one wasn't so easy, but only because there was so much dust about. I fitted it in a humid bathroom using the supplied cloth and a torch, as recommended, but had 2 or 3 dust particles trapped every time. Never mind, perseverance won. I used their suggestion of lifting the shield with Sellotape and fishing the offending speck out. I used a Spec Grabber ( bits of Sellotape left a residue) to grab the specs and within a couple of minutes, the screen protector was fitted. It looks perfect, fits very well and is totally un-noticeable. No flappy edges, lumps or bumps. The protector is cut just a little smaller than the screen, and time spent lining it up properly is time well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Update - Superb, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: FujiFilm Cameras *Lifetime Guarantee* (FujiFilm FinePix X100S Crystal Clear Expert Shield) (Electronics)
I ordered this product on 20 November for my Fuji X100S and it was delivered on 25 November, well within the delivery window. When I applied it, I found that there were some small marks at the top left hand corner. The screen on the X100S is smallish and I think I had aligned the product slightly incorrectly. I gave it four stars, for no other reason than that the blemish made it look imperfect. The next day I received, unprompted, an email from Vikki at Expert Shield offering me a free replacement and giving me a link to their blog which gives clear instructions and tips on fitting the screen protector. She asked me to feed back on the refitting of it. The replacement protector arrived today and I fitted it this evening, perfectly this time! It is invisible and is a high quality item. It's very rare in my experience to get this superb level of customer care and I can highly recommend Expert Shield as a business and the product. Excellent! Hence the unequivocal five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen protector seems to fulfill promise, 12 April 2012
I've no experience with screen protectors and have just purchased this product on its promise of durability and ease of fitting.
It arrived promptly and went on so easily that, for a few minutes I didn't realise that it WAS in fact on, which I suppose proves the point! Just read the simple instructions twice and you won't have my uncertainty. Very pleased that the appearance of the camera is totally unaltered (no bubbles evident) and, like the camera, it's made in Japan which is somehow reassuring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect screen protection, 6 Jun. 2014
I bought this after trying a much cheaper screen protector that was supplied as a pack of three. Those three lasted less than one day each because they were so thin and flimsy and caught anything the camera rubbed against. This Expert Shield protector is far superior as it is made from a much thicker and better quality plastic.

Application was simple but you do need to be very accurate. The screen protector is cut *exactly* to size so any slight misalignment and you will have a corner or edge overhanging the screen and that will catch on things a cause the plastic to lift back off the screen.

It's still early days and I can't comment on the long term durability but so far everything is perfect with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but for some issues, 11 Dec. 2014
This product would be deserving of 5 stars were it not for the following issues:

1. The screen protector for the XM-1 (I ordered the glare version) does not cover the entire screen. This meant that when I applied the screen protector, it covered the entire left half of the screen but there was a sizable margin on the right side. However, I could not reapply once I realized there was a margin, because -

2. Apparently you can only apply this screen protector once, without reapplying. Mine had a margin on the first application (due to issue #1 - that the product for some reason does not fully cover the screen) as well as a few bubbles, most of which I managed to smooth out, but some remain.

3. There is only one screen protector in the package, apparently the company sends new protectors to those who have messed up with bubbles etc, but why not just include another one inside the package? That would then save the trouble of having to send new screen protectors to people who have messed theirs up, especially in cases where people buy the screen protector and then go traveling, where they don't have a permanent address...

Nevertheless I recommend this product, it really does prevent glare but the picture is still relatively crisp and sharp, and the application process is easy. In general, it is highly advisable to get a screen protector for the XM-1, particularly as the screen tilts and is more vulnerable to damage.

4.0 out of 5 stars neat fit and good anti-glare surface, 1 April 2012
A little tricky for fumbly fingers to fit but good instructions and a neat fit when accomplished. So far this product has made the grade and gives a protective and anti-glare surface. As yet to be time-tested.

4.0 out of 5 stars If at first you don't succeed...., 5 Jun. 2014
If at first you don't succeed....well, that's tough luck! I bought two of these for different cameras - the size is spot on, the instructions are clear, and they seem like tough little covers - just as you'd like. I got the first one on just fine, smooth & speedy to apply, I've no doubt it'll sit on this camera as long as I own it. The second one though, I did end up with two small bubbles, my fault admittedly, but thought to myself 'I'm sure I can rescue it!' - not a chance! I do rate these protectors, but perhaps a 2-pack would be beneficial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen guard, 29 Dec. 2013
R. Edwards (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I know that this screen guard is more expensive than othjer manufacturers but it appears to be well made and was very easy to fit to my camera. It is a little more rigid than others so to fit it was a relatively easy task as the old problem of fitting the screen where air bubbles etc get under the protector have been all but eliminated due to the thickness of the screen protector. So it isn't a case of putting it on and off several times, and then finding it isn't correct.
I would certainly recommend this seller screen protectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector for the XT-1, 5 Jun. 2014
This is an excellent screen protector for the Fujifilm XT-1. It was easy to apply in a couple of minutes, went on first time, was a perfect fit and no air bubbles. Slightly pricey for a screen protector but it does the job very well, the seller is extremely keen to make sure you are happy with your purchase, and it gives you peace of mind that you have some decent protection to the vulnerable screen on the XT-1.