on 19 August 2013
I've seen James Govan live at the Rumboogie Café on Beale Street and I consider him an outstanding soul singer who deserves much more attention, but these recordings don't really show the measure of the man. There is some really good stuff on here and some not so good, but, since this is all that's available, I'll grab it with both hands. \if you can't make it to Memphis, then buy this record!
on 3 December 2014
James gave me pleasure in Memphis over countless hours over many many days over 25 years.
What a singer.
This is a great way of remembering him.
But, wow, will I/we miss him.
on 6 September 2013
my son loved this album . I ordered it for Christmas and it arrived promptly and in good condition . Great value for money.
on 2 August 2013
IF YOU ARE INTO SOUTHERN SOUL MUSIC,HAVE OTIS REDDING,ARTHUR CONLEY IN YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION,DO NOT HESITATE IN ADDING THIS DISC TO YOUR COLLECTION.HE WAS UNKNOWN TO ME,UNTIL NOW!YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.