4.0 out of 5 stars Insane in the Brain
It's impossible to take a break between reading the books in this series - as soon as I finish one, I've had to jump straight into the next.

Published 3 months ago by simon211175

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
I was disapointed in this one after the first 3 which flowed nicely with good story line, but this ones concept of repetative visits to the station was a bit wearing and didn't flow as well as the others, although I will no doubt carry on with the others as and when they come out.
Published 18 months ago by Daninfrance

4.0 out of 5 stars Insane in the Brain, 23 Sep 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Touchstone (4. Station at the End of Time) - a paranormal ghost story (Kindle Edition)

This instalment is good, but also very weird. Unsure of what's real any more, Rachel finds herself heading deeper and deeper in to a whole world of crazy, and finds herself repeating the same day whenever she heads to the past. You may want to read this one a bit slower to take it all in - it does get confusing towards the end.

Throughout this series, I've found myself reminded of other time-travel stories, mainly from TV and film. I don't think this is a bad thing, as I love those too, but I can see ideas from Life on Mars - Complete BBC Series 1-2 (New Packaging) [DVD], and The Butterfly Effect - Director's Cut [DVD] for example.

So far, I've really enjoyed this series - and when I started the first book I wasn't sure I would. My favourites so far seem to be the even numbered books, so although I'm currently on book 5, I can't wait for the final book 6 :)

Go, read this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking, spooky read with some great twists, 9 May 2013
Jonathan Turner (London) - See all my reviews
Touchstone 4 is the latest in Andy Conway's always excellent time travel series, but this story goes in a slightly different direction which gives it a far spookier feel. To say more would be a spoiler, but suffice to say this is an eerie ghost story with a couple of great twists to keep you on your toes once you think you've worked it out. It oozes atmosphere, reminiscent of old TV shows like Sapphire and Steel or the Twilight Zone.

As ever, it's a cracking read which never really stops for breath, exactly like the freight train bearing down on the protaganist's grandmother. Even if you haven't read the other books in the series, there's a strong enough story here to hook you in and keep you there until the twisted climax.

Touchstone 4 also comes with a bonus short story which is a real head-wrecker. Worth the price for that alone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent episode., 30 Jun 2014
Touchstone 4 is very different from the previous three. However I found it even harder to put down, wanting to read the next chapter and understanding what was happening and when. Now I have finished it, I am desperate to read Touchstone 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet, 23 May 2014
I really love this series of ebooks and this is the most gripping yet. Although not familiar with Birmingham it is still fascinating to hear of the old Kings Heath station and the images it creates in my mind.
Also take the time to read the short article at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 6 Mar 2014
I've thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this series. So many twists and turns, just when I think I've sussed out what's happening, there's another twist and I was wrong. As soon as I've finished one book I instantly downloaded the next - but, arrrgggghhh! Andy is still writing No.6. How am I going to wait? Should be out this month though so I've had to go on the mailing list and wait like everyone else.
Anyway, the point I'm making is that this is an incredible story. If, like me, you love time travel novels, you'll love this. I'm a sucker for history novels and time travel, so this is perfect for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Dec 2013
I am sorry, but I cannot give a review based on this book only, as I read them all together...
Basically, its a wonderful read - I just love these time travel books, whatever shape or form they have. This one was special, because although I did care for the characters, I didn't particularly find myself in them (I tend to do that) - so no special connection between me, the reader, and the characters was formed. BUT (it's a big but) the fact that I wasn't so close to the subjects allowed me to look closer in other areas - like secondary figures, entourages, historic environment. At this part I think the author excelled (at least in my opinion) as I felt never closer to the periods described as when I read these books. Charlie, the perfect supporting role, is so much more endearing than Rachel, I thought. As an addition to the review I did for all the five books, this one (the fourth) is more like a ghost story - but this is over-simplyfying it - or a trip in a frailed mind. It's a nice turn, but it feels like it's somehow written by somebody else. Really dark and introvert. But does its job in terms of answering some of the questions raised in the previous books.
As a conclusion, I belive it's one of the best series of its kind, nothing major in terms of literary performance, but a good story able to keep you plugged in it up until the end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 30 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - just about says it all, 18 Oct 2014
Another terrific read - got to go to sleep now as its 2am .........or maybe not.........scary ending but so glad I've already bought the next book in the touchstone series.
Janet

5.0 out of 5 stars station at the of time, 1 Nov 2013
Rosie (Redhill, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This was a good read, enjoyed the whole series. I love the way Rachel tried to talk sense into Deidre. But realised it was going to alright in the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 July 2013
I agree book 4 was very repetitive and not as good as earlier stories also gutted that my kindle showed I was about 75% through the book and I turned over the page and discovered that the page I had just read was the last page of the book.