I can't comment on the 3D viewing as it doesn't interest me and I don't have the required glasses for it.
The picture is great, I have no reservations about saying this is as good as you will get below £900 for a 60 inch screen.
Published 4 months ago by Rabbieboy

1.0 out of 5 stars Great .... when it works
Bought this TV , not from Amazon , but from John Lewis as they offered a 5 year guarantee included in the price.

Published 17 months ago by Donald Anderson

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of TV for your money - pleased with purchase, great picture and good sound!, 22 Oct. 2014
Rabbieboy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharp LC60LE651K 60-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Ready Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
The sound is very good, considering it is a slim LED TV. Even better than my last Sharp LCD TV, even at midway the volume level is fine, and with previous tv it was almost at maximum most of the time.
Playback of movies from a USB memory stick is fine, but it can take a couple of MINUTES to access the stick, which is annoying.
Using online functions requires a dongle - I just used a Sky TV one, as Sky box now has built in wifi.
Aquos Net, the online app service is quite dire, with no really useful apps, maybe with the exception of YouTube, and it's better to pair mobile YouTube with TV for quicker searching with phone keypad, so you can view YouTube from phone directly on to the TV.
I had a problem with my PS4 crashing every couple of minutes, but helpful Sharp helpline advised me to change display settings on PS4 which did solve that problem, using 1080i instead of 1080p.
TV does require 2 people for unboxing due to its size, not weight and preferably a magnetic screwdriver for the 4 screws for stand as they are quite deeply recessed and fiddly if they don't drop into holes first time!
I did buy tv elsewhere with a 5 year free warranty and 90 day return policy if unsatisfied, but had it since 23rd September and it's now 21st October with no reason to return so far. I would have to downsize to 55" for tv costing same, so hope all stays good with this.
You will probably find it difficult to see a display model before buying, as they seem rare, but I took a leap of faith and bought one anyway, but with the mentioned warranty due to the mixed reviews.
My software was already updated so no faults to report re unresponsive remote control issues some have had.
I would buy a Sharp again, always keenly priced!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp LC60LE751K, 25 Oct. 2013
I bought this TV and started to experience issues with the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and AV Source menus coming up 'empty'. Also on occasion the TV just stopped responding to the remote control and also to the control panel on the TV. I would have to cycle the power to be able to 'control' the TV - until the next time. I contacted the reseller who sent out a replacement - same damn thing happened! So I'm now on the verge of replacing the TV with another manufacturer when I discovered that the EPG and AV source menus worked OK when I disconnected the HDMI cable from my 6 year old Samsung DVD player with surround sound. I took a service call from Sharp and I did 2 things 1. updated the Firmware to the latest 2. Turn OFF HDMI CEC on the Sharp TV. Problems were fixed! It seems that the version or age of CEC on the Samsung DVD player was clashing with the new version of CEC on the Sharp TV. Turning it off means you have to manually select your source i.e. Sky, Blu-Ray, DVD, Wii etc but no big deal really. The 2D HD picture alone is great. I'm just ordering some 3D glasses which do not come with the TV. Cheapest Sharp glasses are £40 and universal glasses are £15 - so I'm buying a pair of each. Now that my problems are fixed I'm in a much happier place!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great .... when it works, 6 Oct. 2013

When initially set up I was delighted with the picture quality , quite stunning .... however on day 2 the TV failed to respond to remote control commands or even using control buttons on the TV itself and wouldn't even power down. Having disconnected from the mains , left it overnight it worked ok next day but the same thing happened again and I contacted John Lewis who arranged to have it collected and replaced.

Great , we're sorted replacement arrives and works brilliantly for a week , but ..... today TV no. 2 did the same as the first one , contacted the supplier and told them to collect it and refund my money.

One TV faulty , unlucky ... two in a row don't think so.

My advice , buy something else

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 29 Mar. 2014
Just received this TV and overall I am very impressed. Given that there are some reliability issues reported, I would only buy with 5 year guarantee. You need to adjust the picture settings because 'out of the box' they are not good. Initial settings are available on various AV forums and from there you can 'fine tune'. I played a few Netflix movies simultaneously on my new ipad and on the TV and adjusted the TV picture settings till it matched the ipad. The end result is an excellent picture for a TV of this price. The menu system has a perfectly useable response speed. Adjusting settings is not the most intuitive and the user manual is poor, but with a little persistence you can work it out. Connection to the Internet is only via a wired connection, but was very simple and easy and the web service for BBC iplayer works very well. Switching between the inbuilt HD TV tuner and other HDMI sources is very awkward and probably the worst point about this TV, but I expect this can be solved by upgrading the remote to a programmable one. On the plus side, the TV 'talks' out of the box to my home cinema box via HDMI (switches it on and off and adjusts the volume from the TV remote) without having to adjust any settings. Overall this TV is good value at this price point and provides a truly cinematic experience - very impressive at this price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value big screen TV - but check for software upgrades!, 23 May 2014
UPDATE: 11/11/14

Thought I'd add a quick update to my earlier review as the Sharp TV is still going strong. I periodically check for software updates and apply them as I spot a new version. Currently running V0.2.6.3

I haven't spotted any issues with the remote locking up following an earlier software upgrade, also a jerky picture issue with the Freeview HD broadcasts experienced when I first set the TV up was fixed a few software updates ago. I noticed a reviewer mentioned using HDMI 1.4 cables, but I use cheap poundland cables without any perceived issues. The only niggle I have is with the power saving feature that pops a message up in the top right hand corner if no remote activity is detected for 4 hours. I haven't found a way to switch this off. Irritating but not a show stopper.

Note that I cannot comment on gaming on this TV nor the 3D aspect of the TV. As others have mentioned, the 'Smart' TV functions are poor. The BBC iPlayer smart TV app is very good, however I tend to use my newly acquired Amazon Fire TV for watching Netflix or occasionally YouTube. I realise that everybody has their own expectations of what makes a good TV, but I am still happy with it despite the earlier niggles. Maybe perfectionists need to look elsewhere, however I still feel the TV was good value for money.

-------------

Earlier review...

I should point out that I bought my TV from another supplier with a 5 year warranty.

My requirement was best bang for buck and therefore took a bit of a chance on purchasing the Sharp LC60LE651K over the mainstream brands of Samsung, LG, Panasonic etc. I had read favourable reviews mainly on US sites, but there was little feedback in the UK.

On unpacking, connecting aerial and switching on I was immediately impressed with the freeview HD picture quality. Out of the box, the picture was far too bright but that is typical for all TVs. I connected it to my Freesat Humax receiver and Home Media PC plus connected it to my ethernet hub. It has a ethernet socket (RJ45), but no wifi.

Connectivity wise it has 4 HDMI inputs, 1 PC D-Sub input, 1 Scart input , Component video in, Analog audio in, Headphones out, Digital audio co-ax out and 3x USB ports. Note that ARC (Audio Return Channel) is supported over HDMI meaning that sound and video may be carried over one HDMI cable to an Audio Video receiver.

Later I calibrated the TV to my taste (reducing backlight, altering brightness and contrast) and saved my settings as 'USER' picture settings. This gave a far more natural picture with reduced backlight bleeding giving a much better experience when watching TV in a darkened room.

After a few days I experienced a problem with switching the TV off and on with the remote. This required power cycling the TV by disconnecting from the mains. Not good! Following this I checked for software upgrades for this TV. With the TV connected via wired connection to the Internet, this is an easy procedure. From the remote. press Menu, select Extras, Software, Software update, Via Internet, Start Update then follow the prompts.

Updating the software has resulted in a huge improvement with regard to software bugs, (including fixing the remote lockup issue), so be sure to periodically check for and update the TV's software.

This Sharp TV offers smart features called 'Aquos Net+' with the most useful being BBC iPlayer and Youtube. Note that Netflix is not offered yet as a smart feature.

My setup consists of my Sharp TV driven from Yamaha RX-V375 AV Receiver via HDMI. Netflix is taken care of using a Google Chromecast dongle connected to the input port of the Yamaha AVR which gives me Netflix in HD with Dolby Digital + sound decoded through the AVR.

Hi definition picture quality is very sharp. Standard definition is very so-so but this is typical of low bitrate SD broadcasts on Freeview and Freesat. This is not a fault of the TV.

The supplied remote is okay. Switching between HDMI inputs and the freeview tuner is not particularly intuitive (HINT: just press the SOURCE button to return to freeview tuner from external inputs). I guess all remotes just take time to become more familiar.

This TV also supports recording to an external USB device (portable hard drive) thus giving a PVR feature. I have not tested this feature as I use an external PVR.

It also supports 3D with Active Glasses (not supplied). Note that I have not tested this feature either as I am more interested in a good 2D High Definition picture.

Sound reproduction is typical for a slim TV with small speakers. My advice for serious movie buffs is get yourself a budget AVR +Speaker system for richer, louder and more detailed sound (inc playback of Dolby encoded media from the likes of Chromecast, BluRay players and Dolby encoded broadcast content).

Conclusion: This TV offers excellent value for money but make sure you update the software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 19 Nov. 2013
Was very confused and hesitant regarding purchasing the sharp aquos 60 inch Tv in the back of my mind i was thinking the sharp could not be a very good Tv i decided to give it a go after 2 weeks consideration upon taking purchase of this monster set i got it home and started unpacking on seeing it for the 1st time in the flesh i was instantly impressed with its looks a slim bezel surrounding the massive screen once set up quiet straight forward i hooked my sound system up to it then sat back to switch it all on i was impressed and shocked at the clearness and colors without any adjustments i sat back and put the football on in Hd and wow it was excellent the picture the colors and the black shown through i was very happy and very surprised it has all the features onboard one needs 3D is amazing i had to purchase the ( ACTIVE ) Glasses separately if i had anything to say about this great set it would be on the remote with feels and looks cheap but hey who's complaining in my opinion if you are on a budget or do not want to spend big bucks on a monster set do not hesitate on going forward and buying this great value for money LED Tv for a 1000 pounds you will not be disappointed its a great set and brilliant value for money .

5.0 out of 5 stars TV, 22 Feb. 2014
Delivery arrived prompt and packaged well. Very pleased with the purchase easy to put together and tune in. Very good picture and very happy with the purchase. Would recommend and the price was good as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Below average but big (updated review), 30 Oct. 2013
Mark Norville (Taunton) - See all my reviews
Again I am now giving this a one star turned on and then won't turn on now. I think that this TV that has a timer in it that once the year warranty is up then it develops a fault. I have been told by an engineer that some companies do such as this. Please stay away from this TV size is not worth it.

Please note that I have now reduced my original three star rating to a two star rating. I am also re writing my review to give a more in depth but not long winded or too technical. I am saying to avoid this TV like the plague as to be honest it is only really suitable for a TV for console gaming. The picture quality on standard definition is very poor to say the least and a lot of the times the picture quality is blocky to say the least. High definition from a blu ray movie is pretty good but occasionally you will notice a bit of ghosting in certain parts. I have just tried 3D and this was very poor to say the least. I brought two pairs of Sharp official glasses as I did not really want to try cheap alternatives. I brought a Polish TV called Manta which is passive 3D and I have to say that the 3D quality on that is a hell of a lot better than it is on this Sharp TV. The only plus sides to owning this TV is the fact that it is a big 60 inch screen, and the second is that it is great for gaming. Apart from that, like I said before, I really would keep my money in my wallet and I wish that I had compromised with size and had of gone with a 47 inch Panasonic instead. To get the best from this TV if you can really call it best, you will need 1.4 HDMI cables, anything less then you will suffer with lip sync issues. The remote control like has been said on other reviews, can have problems in the fact that it can become unresponsive, and the only way to get it working is to turn the TV off at the mains. The TV/box is very heavy to say the least and it really does need two person handling to unbox and maybe lifting onto a stand. I really wish that I could have seen this in action before purchasing, if I had of seen a demo of the TV then to be honest, then I would not have purchased. Big is not all that it is cracked up to be.