5.0 out of 5 stars Batesy,s take on it
A great insight into world of the Robertson's lives. I really enjoyed this book which was bought for me by my beautiful daughters for father's day due to my love of the tv programme . Phil tells a good story but the preaching at every opportunity was a bit much for me.
Published 18 months ago by Stevie Bates

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but too much preaching
As a fan of the Duck Dynasty I was delighted to receive this as a Christmas present. It was fascinating to read about Phil Robertson's childhood and his formative years. He describes these with fondness but not in an over sentimental way. The troubled lifestyle he fell into in his late teens and early twenties is recounted in a frank and open manner and his sadness when...
Published 12 months ago by Hockey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Batesy,s take on it, 20 Jun 2013
I thought he would have said about the origins of his family , with a name like Robertson it's got to be Scots.
I would not only recommend the book but the tv show is top drawer too. Makes me feel good to hear when someone comes from poverty and makes something of himself and does nothing but good things for those around him. Great read but slow down on the preaching big fella.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining And Profound, 27 Dec 2014
James Gallen (St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Phil Robertson has not always been the patriarch of Duck Dynasty. “Happy, Happy, Happy” is his story from his early life in the 1950s, when his family lived like the 1850s, through high school, college, football, marriage, drink and drugs, fishing and bartending, finding Jesus and raising and molding the family we see on TV. It also provides a sampling of Phil’s views on life, religion, the state of America and foreign aid. Like the television program it is entertaining at times, thought provoking at others. I recommend it for all Duck Dynasty fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy-happy-happy, 13 May 2013
This book certainly leaves you feeling HAPPY! Phil tells it as it is, with the glory going to the One who makes all things possible. A thoroughly enjoyable read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Surprise, 12 Jun 2014
Before reading this memoir, I’d never seen Duck Dynasty so this was a surprise. I like surprises and I liked this book as a result.

The title got me, but the writing kept me.

A little heavy on the evangelicalism but then it is the man’s memoir and he can write whatever the heck he pleases.

At the end of the day, it’s an entertaining book and that’s why I read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 12 Mar 2014
Bought for xmas for my son who loves tv series, we didnt see him for days he couldnt put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy happy happy!, 24 Jan 2014
Loved the book, a definite must for any Duck Dynasty fan. Personally, a little bit too religious for me in places but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight, 23 Jan 2014
Gave an insight into what came before beards and the television series and made very interesting reading. Have also read Si's book very amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Happy Happy Happy I read this book, 18 Jan 2014
As a fan of duck dynasty I got myself the book to read and learn a little more about Phil, Jase, Willie, Si, Jep and miss Kay.
It tells of the life of Phil from his school days to the time when he went off the rails to the time he found salvation and much more.
I read the book over a fairly short time due to being in hospital and it was a superb book for taking my mind off what I was doing and where I was and I ended up at the duck commander wharehouse and phils house in my head, some of the stories are that engrossing and interesting.

Another great book about the Robertson family and Phil Robertson the duck commander.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my husband who is a duck dynasty fan, 15 Jan 2014
My husband is really enjoying the book very interesting having an insight to the Robertson family values and how their lives have panned out

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy happy happy!!!, 12 Jan 2014
A thought provoking and amazing journey down life's long road with the first man of Duck Commander. Uncle Phil tells it how it was growing up without much but gaining it all, with family, friends and Faith in the Lord.

A must have for any Duck Dynasty fan.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›