4.0 out of 5 stars loved it
4.5 amazeballs stars!!!

Published 20 months ago by DonnaC

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring
I found the storyline predictable, unrealistic and boring. however the book is very well written and the characters were unusual.
Published 6 months ago by Lanaj

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 14 May 2013
4.5 amazeballs stars!!!

I loved loved loved this book...it was heart wrenchingly emotionally beautiful. I couldn't put it down and was gutted when I saw "The End"...however, Nicole if you are reading this that seriously cannot be the end...I hardly ever relish having to wait for a sequel but this book NEEDS a sequel in fact it DEMANDS a sequel...it was a sort of HEA ending but nowhere near enough...no epilogue and a story so open ended that it needs Nicole to start pressing some keys that says...the continuation of Rowen and Jesse...thanks and breatheeeeeee....right where was I???

Oh yes, Rowen...misunderstood because of her appearance you could call her trouble, goth, druggie or as most call her "a freak" she uses her clothing etc as a disguise to hide the true Rowen... underneath all that black there is a lovely girl just waiting to escape... she lived with her "mum" very loosely called that as she is never there for her..and after having suffered something that happened when she was younger Rowen became a virtual recluse within herself and used drugs, alcohol and boys as a way of forgetting..her grades slipped and her mother has all but given up on her. Rowen however finds her release through art and badly wants to attend art school, it does cost a lot but Rowen's mum is not prepared to pay for it unless Rowen can prove herself worthy. Her mum packs her off to her old school friends ranch to play cowboys for the summer, she has to prove that over the summer she can work her butt off and clean up her act.

Rowen has just endured a tortuous journey on the Greyhound bus and is waiting for one of the ranch hands to pick her up...in strides Jesse Walker...a cowboy with the tightest pair of Wranglers, that show off the tightest arse....she is in lust/love!!! Jesse is a 19 year old cowboy..he works for his parents on the ranch..he is nothing like her usual attractions, he is gorgeous, he has a positive attitude, he works hard, he loves his family, he is affectionate, he sees the real her, he pays her compliments she is totally screwed!!

She is put to work on the ranch with 4am starts, but she throws herself in and gives it her all, she actually relishes her time there enjoying being part of a family, something that she has never felt for a very long time...slowly but surely Jesse begins to eat at the walls that she has carefully constructed around herself...
"Why don't you want to know that I like you Rowen??? Why don't you want me to tell you I'm so damn attracted to you, I almost don't trust myself to be alone with you like we are right now???? Why don't you want to know that I care about you so much????"
This starts a beautifully written story about a girl with such low self esteem that it would take years of drilling to find it beginning a journey of self discovery..not only about how to love others but to also love herself..the Walker family are extremely tight and no matter what they treated Rowen as one of her own, Jesse's mum knew what Rowen's mum was like and she always gave her the most heart felt and best advice she could..slowly but surely Rowen came out of her shell and began to find herself.

Jesse was just adorable, I loved him so much...he too had his past, one that meant he hadn't lead the ideal life that Rowen once thought he had. He had overcome his obstacles and demons and could see the same with Rowen..he had also had his heart broken with his first true love so he also had his worries with regards to a new relationship, but they had this chemistry that was not going to go away...the sort of chemistry whereby they knew each other was close...they could tell what each other was thinking and they both eventually realised what they had was special.

Eventually they both opened up to each other and Jesse's family and whilst Rowen thought that the family would be mortified that their only son would fall in love with her, they didn't..they could tell before Rowen and Jesse that there was something there, so it came as no shock.
"We don't deserve anything Rowen. We don't deserve punishment, we don't deserve happiness, life owes us nothing. Realize that" His voice wasn't gentle anymore; it was as strong as I'd ever heard it. "So we have to take what we want because life sure as shit isn't going to freely hand it over" . He kissed the skin above my collar bone........"and I want you".

This book was so emotional, it dripped off the page...the swoon factor with Jesse was huge he was just such a darling...oh and a virgin!!!! How refreshing that the male lead has the big "V"...they do a lot of kissing and I mean a lot of kissing and even that got me hot under the collar..but the tenderness in losing the big "v" was beautiful..I just loved it all..loved it loved it loved it!!!!!!

Have you 1clicked yet???

If not, why not????

Fab read!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for a freebie, especially when you are looking for get-lost-somewhere-else-and-not-think-about-much read, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
The story itself is same old, same old. Without spoiling it for anyone, I'll just say that if you've got two ounces of brain, you'd know exactly what is going to happen between Jesse and Rowen [the book's cover might be a dead giveaway too ;)]. Based on that I should have awarded it three starts. However, the humour and wit of the author is sublime and based on that I should have given it five stars. So I had to settle for four in the end.

One of the main characters changes enormously thanks to the other main character who does not change one bit. And that kind of sentiment is repeated throughout the book - those supporting characters that need to change to make everything picture perfect do (or are taken out of the picture altogether) and those that are already picture perfect ready remain untainted. In fairness, the situations that unfold and are described a slightly harder hitting that I thought they'd be, so credit goes to the author here. Its also noteworthy that, even though there are two more books in the series, the author has been kind enough to finish this book in such a way that you dont really need to read the next two. There is closure here for itself. The next two books (I guess, because as of today's date I have not read) will be a continuation of the story, but not a must-read-to-find-out-what-really-happens type of continuation. I like that.

So, in summary: a great summer read. ->
If I had to choose again, would I pick this books to read? Yes, but only because it was for free. ->
Would I re-read this book? Well, never say never, so I'm going to say extremely unlikely. ->
Am I going to buy the next two in the series? No. ->
Would I read the next two in the series if they become free (at some point in the future)? Sure. ->
So... four stars it is then :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!! What a find!, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
For the fact that this is was a freebie - it was a BAR-GAIN!!!
So pleased that I stumbled across this.
Rowen is kinda blackmailed by her mum to spend the summer with her mum's friend helping out on their family ranch so that she can finally go to Art School.
Rowen is the anti-thesis of anything country - a pure bred city girl.
Having had a bit of a bad experience a few years previous, the now 18 yo Rowen is dressed H2T in black and describes herself as goth, emo, or her favourite "freak".
She is very much judged by her appearance - but she has so many walls around her (to protect herself because of the said bad experience) that she likes it like that. A self-preservation move. She doesn't get involved so she doesn't get hurt.
However, the family she stays with are sweet and wholesome and nothing like the sort of people Rowen has encountered. They don't judge, they take her for who she is and love her unconditionally.
Rowen sort of struggles to deal with this outpouring of emotion, toward her, and for what she is experiencing herself. The angsty, angry girl is replaced by someone who wants to love, and be loved!
So I haven't told you about the love interest!
Jesse the wrangler-wearing cowboy! Phew! I am old in comparison, but seriously I felt the heat off the pages! And I read on a kindle!
Such great writing.
I cannot begin to believe that the follow up will be anywhere close to being as good as this. I am not complaining, because this is a lovely coming-of-age story. I love the character that Rowen becomes, with Jesse and his family as her guide. She really does earn the HEA.
On to the next one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Fell in love with this book immediately and the characters. Rowen thought she was in for a summer of hell but instead she finds herself and Jessie. Very much looking forward to the next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was recommended to me and I was very glad I got to read it.
I fell in love with Rowen Sterling, the girl with a million and one issues to deal with. The ‘freak’ everyone tells her she is, is what she tries to live up to. Until her mother sends her away to stay with her old college friend and her family in the middle of nowhere for the summer. This is where she not only meets Jessie but his loving family which to Rowen is a totally foreign concept. Rose, her mothers friend and mother to Jessie, Lily, Hyacinth and Clementine is definitely the opposite of her own mother.
Rowen tries not to take an interest in Jessie but she is fighting a losing battle, until she ends up drunk with his ex best friend Garth Black. After living in the dark for so long, being called a freak, druggy, whore and more she believes this is what she is and she should not want more for herself as she doesn’t deserve it.
Jessie finally makes her see sense with the help of all the love around her from all directions, even Jessies ex, that she is definitely worth more. Whether her mother sees it or not.
I really enjoyed reading this and am looking forward to reading the second part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Read it all within one night because I just couldn't put it down can't wait to read the next one

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable!!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I did really love this book, I fell in love with jesse, however, the reason for the missing star is the ending. Although it was ended well, I wanted an epilogue of what would have happened a few years down the line as them as proper adults, maybe with their own kids etc. Still a gripping read, if you love romance buy yourself a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A young rebel girl with a completely different dress sense, her mother has bribed her with art school to go to a ranch for the summer. When she gets there things don't seem like they will be so bad after all especially when she meets the hot Jesse and he may be Adsactly what she needs to get her life back on track

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Ms. Linda Hay - See all my reviews
great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Loved this book.

Lost and Found (Lost & Found Book 1)