4.0 out of 5 stars Having read The Boy from Reactor Four, I was ...
Having read The Boy from Reactor Four, I was compelled to read the follow up. It was a decent holiday read and followed on well from the first book. The side-kick brother was a bit of a convenient plot device but just about tolerable.

Published 1 month ago by weasley figbat

I did get to the end and for that I gave it a second star. However, the characters are one dimentional; the use of dialogue is poor - full of cliches and the plot comes to a halt whilst characters "speak". I hope that the promotion of such novels is not a sign that Amazon is sidelining good writers.
Published 3 months ago by Hades

4.0 out of 5 stars Having read The Boy from Reactor Four, I was ..., 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

What I found most intriguing was the insight into Ukrainian history and tension with Russia, given that I read this when these tensions were heightened again. It added a contemporary relevancy that made the book not only decent fiction, but also documentary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially I was a bit put off because I'm not ..., 16 July 2014
Initially I was a bit put off because I'm not really a fan of "action" books/movies however well written. However, as Nadia's character was revealed a bit more as well as some of those she came in contact with I became much more interested. I was intrigued enough to want to pursue her story into the next book. I wound up really enjoying it.

2.0 out of 5 stars the use of dialogue is poor - full of cliches and the plot comes to ..., 16 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Will there be a follow up.......got to be. Cliff hanger!!!, 15 Sep 2014
Couldn't wait to read this one and wasn't disappointed. Followed same format as first book in the series, needed to follow each character and remember where they were. Introduction of a new character - the Russian business man , space for development there. Hoping for another book in the series soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly gripping read., 12 July 2014
Really enjoyed the first book which was a rollercoaster from start to finish. This one less rollercoaster but still a gripping read. Looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good and interesting thriller, 4 July 2014
After reading Orest Steimach's first novel I had been looking forward to his next book. And ok I don't think it is as good as the first one but I think it may be because I had never read anything so unique as the first novel. If you have never read The Boy From Reactor 4, you really must.

Orest Steimach introduces you to a world that we don't know and wouldn't want to know - the dark world of eastern Europe. His characters are full and rounded and you care what happens to them, even the 'bad guys'. I loved following Nadia (the heroine) from New York to Ukraine. The descriptions of Chernobyl and the surrounding area made me think what it must have been like for the people who lived there. I will definitely read book number 3 which I am sure will follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Well written, addictive lay in put downable. Can't wait for the next one

4.0 out of 5 stars exciting, 16 Jun 2014
Equally as exciting and intriguing as the first Nadia Tesla book. Chase sequences seem to be a regular feature and Orest describes them excitedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Oct 2014
A. O'Loughlin (NIreland) - See all my reviews
this mystery had more turns and twists and red herrings than the average

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Sep 2014