5.0 out of 5 stars So, so fast!
I've recently built myself a PC, the first one I've done and decided if I was doing it, I was going the whole hog and getting the best bits I could.

This processor sits definitively in that category.

Published 9 months ago by Kenty7

3.0 out of 5 stars Heard it's good
I can't really rate the product as I received a used-faulty one which I got a refund, but from what I'm aware, the i7 4770k is a fantastic processor.
Published 14 days ago by Inflam3

5.0 out of 5 stars So, so fast!, 1 Nov 2013
Kenty7 (Nottingham, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770K, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (Personal Computers)

This processor sits definitively in that category.

It's not cheap by any means, but I've installed it onto an MSI 787-GD65-Gaming mother board and it was easy to install, was a HUGE jump on my old Q 9550 quad core and contrary to a lot of reviews I read, doesn't run that hot at all. Mind I am running a H100i closed loop cooling system so that will help, but even over clocked at 4.2Ghz it's still only getting up to 42-42 Celsius under normal use. By normal I mean gaming!

Whilst there may be cheaper processors that will give similar performance, I wanted the best I could afford and I can tell you now this has not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Jan 2014
First gaming build. Got this to go with MSI Z87-GD65-GAMING ATX Motherboard, well happy, no problems, goes like a dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for rendering, 13 Jan 2014
i bought this along with the msi z87 g45 motherboard.. i mainly use it for rendering and 3D stuff,its fast, great

5.0 out of 5 stars all other games seem to run pretty well, like battlefield 3, 19 July 2014
had this processor for a few months after upgrading from sandy bridge and the performance increase is worth it.

now something that I have been playing around with is core parking..after building gaming pc's for a few years only in the last year have I heard of core parking,but performance has never been an issue to unpark cores

however a while ago I downloaded black ops 2 multiplayer and I could not get rid of stuttering,all other games seem to run pretty well,like battlefield 3,crysis 3... so I thought ther was a problem with the game..until I downloaded park control and disabled core parking..this unparked a couple of my cores and now black ops 2 runs very smooth...this also cured stuttering in call of duty ghosts.

you would be surprised how very few people know to do this to get the maximum power from their cpu.and think that their system will automaticly control this..it is not always the case.

maybe this will be of some use to you.

also very happy with this cpu with fast delivery and well packaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 10 Mar 2014
I have recently installed this processor on my ASUS Z87-PRO. I have left in 'normal' mode for the time being to assess its performance and I am amazed how it handles all the tasks I set it. I shall over-clock it using the MOBO's built in suite as soon as I have completed the basic assessment

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooool..., 21 Feb 2014
This chip in a Sabertooth Z87 is brilliant! Although seriously overpowered for gaming and even more so when overclocked to 4.5Gig, it will eat any task I give it, at any time, and beg for more. Running Minecraft and the terrible mess that is BF3, and running a security scan, whilst rendering video, it still only hits 45 C with a H100i cooler. I love it. :) Just need more screens and a couple of Graphics cards now......

5.0 out of 5 stars I missed out in the silicon lottery, 18 Mar 2014
It's a great cpu, I got it for a gaming build along with an MSI gaming motherboard, SSD, 2133 mhz ram and an EVGA 780 graphics card. I've ended up with a capable gaming rig. The only thing you need to be aware of is what there calling the silicon lottery, Basically by buying a K model you get an unlocked chip that you can overclock. They do not all overclock the same so it's the luck of the draw how well yours overclocks. However even without an overclock it's one of the quickest cpu's available and beats the best AMD can offer in the majority of tests even if the AMD is overclocked and this isn't. So even a small overclock puts it way ahead of the competition in 80% of the tests that are available for benchmarking. The internet and U-tube is full of channels where you can research a product like this and that's what I did and this is the chip to have without going into the extreme in name and price chips.

5.0 out of 5 stars No need for OC with PCSX2 and Dolphin, 26 Nov 2013
Not going to go into too much detail here as most of the key features/points have been covered already in depth. Ive tested this I7 with the Dolphin and Pcsx2 emulators in during my first few days with the chip and i must say the gains over Ivy Bridge are phenomenal. Most review sites state that a 10 to 15 percent performance increase is all Haswell offers but for the purpose of intense video game emulation id have to say its more like 25 percent and that's just at stock. This thing demolishes anything you can throw at it without even breaking a sweat. Would definitely recommend for PC gamers and users of the above two emulators even at stock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, 20 July 2014
This is amazing. Got mine overclocked to 4.3Ghz which kills everything I throw at it. Mainly use it for gaming and just doesn't let you down. Got the built in graphics overclocked to 1.5Ghz which increases the performance massively, highly recommend overclocking the graphics. I don't recommend the stock cooler, but if you pair this up with an after market cooler, in my case a CM Hyper 412, you will get some very low temps and your case doesn't sound like a jet taking off. The hyper-threading is just a bonus. This product is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 BUG in most haswell motherboards., 1 Aug 2013
Its a great processor but keep in mind that most current chipsets (Z87) in circulation have a bug that can prevent USB3 drives from working after waking up from sleep. You have to physically reconnect the drive or it just wont respond!

There's a way to find out which revision motherboard you have using "CPUz":
[...]

If you don't intend on using usb 3.0 storage devices in the near future you should be fine, I guess I'll wait a little while before the new C2 revision motherboards arrive (Due mid august).

Just thought you guys should know, Intel haven't been very transparent about this issue.