5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for gaming - plays everything on maximum with good GPU!
I spent quite a while trying to decide between this and the i7-4770k for my new gaming computer. Ultimately I decided to save some money by taking the i5-4760k and I'm very happy with my decision. Coupled with the GTX770 (2Gb model by Palit http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Jetstream-Graphics-Express/dp/B00D3ZYDLQ/) it plays every game I've tried on maximum/ultra...
Published 6 months ago by Dave.I.Am.

3.0 out of 5 stars The instructions on how to fit/remove the stock cooler could ...
The instructions on how to fit/remove the stock cooler could be a little more detailed, if you don't already know how to do it, then independent research is a must. Other than that I have no complaints. Chances are you will have done your research on the actual processor itself before choosing to buy.
Published 3 months ago by M. Wolfers

‹ Previous | 14 5 617 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars what can i say .. best cpu for the money, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (Personal Computers)
well.. its the best for the money, so it's kinda hard to write a review.
faultless - powerful - will work fine with stock intel cooler - will benefit from overclocking - reasonably priced -

there have been some issues with extreme overclocking regarding the internal TIM this cpu uses, but if you really want to hit 4.8Ghz, you can see the "delid" videos on youtube, it's easy and hard to mess up. pair it with a H100i for ridiculous speed boost, but be ready to fork out for a new power supply.

Amazon delivery n1 as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, 3 Jan 2014
So far very impressed. I've paired this with an Asus Z87-K motherboard and G-skill 8Gb Ripjaw DD3 2133 memory and it flies. With my Nvidia 550Ti graphics card I am running games such as Far Cry 3 and Crysis on Ultra settings and they look amazing. For the money this was definately worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8, 2 Jan 2014
Fast delivery, fast operation and hopefully will last me another 3 years. Did not use the included fan, but then its something in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended If your building a completely new system, Not worth an upgrade from 3570K, 24 Dec 2013
One thing is certain, If you are building a new system for "Gaming", this CPU is your choice. With a good mid high end motherboard i.e. a Z87 ASRock Extreme 4, MSI's G45 Gaming or Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H or Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D you can easily use its Turbo tech ramping the 3.4 stock speed to 3.8 through the easy UEFI Bios, also you can safely over clock this CPU with Z87 Mobo's I mentioned. This CPU is strong enough that even AMD's FX 6300 and the FX 8350 can't beat it! And it has lower Heat produced while on heavy load (with a good cpu cooler) even when overclocking when compared to AMD CPU's. Personally I recommend to you a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) for CPU cooling, trust me it does a great job for cpu cooling even at over clocking speed under heavy load, and the fact that it is cheaper compared to other brands, this is a must to get if you are in a budget!. With the 212 Evo I am using on my recently build PC, at idle the CPU is at 31 degrees Celsius and on load it doesnt go more than 49 degrees Celsius, and these are its normal operating speed both on idle and with load. Also this CPU has a higher maximum Operating temperature and there is no risk of thermal throttling unlike its AMD counter parts. The main reason I suggest this new Gen CPU is that with a good Z87 Mobo paired with this CPU, later on the line when you have money you can use, you can always easily switchout the CPU for an i7-4770K which uses the same 1150 socket. This is a good precaution as say for example at the moment not much game totally uses the 4 cores of such processors, but if later on the line where games will start to utilize 4 cores/hyper threading etc. then you can easily go for a 4770k if you feel the 4670k is not strong enough for you. But for me and for alot of other people which are in for gaming PC's, This CPU is more than enough for games!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU!!, 16 Dec 2013
I'm using this mainly for gaming purposes (along with a GTX760, 16GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz, and a 250GB Samsung Evo SSD), and it really flies.

There is no need to spend the extra £90 or whatever on an i7 4770K, as for gaming and other general use you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. I've left it at an overclock of 4.2Ghz, but its been stable at 4.4 and can go even further with some more juice.

I have it air-cooled, and its cores idle at around 28-30°C, and 55-59°C whilst gaming (don't think I've seen it go higher then 62°C, apart from when Ive been benchmarking).

Don't hesitate to buy it, its the perfect CPU for gaming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Temperature is also good as it does not get too hot, 26 Nov 2013
Aman Hedayati "Aman" (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
fast little CPU that does everything in very fast speeds. Temperature is also good as it does not get too hot!

5.0 out of 5 stars runs very fast, 18 Nov 2013
works perfectly very fast recommended to anyone this 4th generation is the only way to go runs cool even under load

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and fast!, 4 Oct 2013
L. M. L. GRIFFITHS (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Having had the 4670k I have to say the performance is fantastic. While I was waiting for delivery I was actually getting quite worried, as there seem to be countless horror stories on forums and reviews saying how hot Haswells run, even with aftermarket coolers. This is the last thing I'd want as I can't stand excessive fan noise.
Once I'd finished building my system the first thing I did was check up on the temperatures, both at idle and at load. This thing runs COOL, I'm getting around 28°/30° at idle and 45°/50° during game playing and video encoding. I've used several different softwares to measure the temperature, and I've checked this BIOS - they all give surprisingly low readings. The air expelled from the case is strangely cool too. It turns out I had nothing to worry about regarding 4670's temperature. I'm running it at a slight overclock (3.6GHz), haven't tried any mad overclocking as I feel I don't need the extra speed.
I am using a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 heatsink and fan (with Arctic Silver 5 paste), so I don't know whether my good results are due to the luck of the draw with my CPU, or whether Dark Rock Pro really is that good.
I'm pleased I bought 4670k instead of Ivy Bridge 3570k which is virtually the same price.
Windows 7 and Linux apps absolutely fly using this processor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, 30 Sep 2013
More then enough CPU power for an average user with gaming/movies. Very quick with video and audio encoding. Nothing to complain about 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overclockable Gaming CPU, 6 Aug 2013
Got this at a bargain price of £150, I think it must have been an error.but I certainly am not complaining.
Anyway, not I got this, it is great. Have only done mild overclosk so far due to using a thermally limited case.
Great powerful and overclockable CPU.

‹ Previous | 14 5 617 | Next ›