5.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth upgrading, YES if your buying a new system!!
Published 13 months ago by Tim B Flatt

3.0 out of 5 stars The instructions on how to fit/remove the stock cooler could ...
The instructions on how to fit/remove the stock cooler could be a little more detailed, if you don't already know how to do it, then independent research is a must. Other than that I have no complaints. Chances are you will have done your research on the actual processor itself before choosing to buy.
Published 8 days ago by M. Wolfers

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth upgrading, YES if your buying a new system!!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) (Personal Computers)
If you have a 3570k, its not worth buying a new motherboard over, as you wont get a worthwhile performance boost over ivy bridge, and ivy bridge over clocks better, so they're pretty much exactly the same. For a brand new system however, its definitely worth purchasing, temperatures at stock are great, don't know about overclocking temps, but anyone else will tell you they're bad, so if you plan to over clock, keep the speeds low and/or get a aftermarket cooler. Performance wise, its brilliant, a small improvement over ivy bridge (I haven't over clocked) handles high end games at 1080p beautifully and is definitely a worthwhile purchase. Highly recommend for brand new systems.
Also my gfx card is a gtx 650 ti boost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for gaming - plays everything on maximum with good GPU!, 24 Jun 2014
I spent quite a while trying to decide between this and the i7-4770k for my new gaming computer. Ultimately I decided to save some money by taking the i5-4760k and I'm very happy with my decision. Coupled with the GTX770 (2Gb model by Palit http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeForce-Jetstream-Graphics-Express/dp/B00D3ZYDLQ/) it plays every game I've tried on maximum/ultra settings without a problem.

Even new 2014 games like Titanfall easily exceed the 60fps required for truely smooth gameplay and the slowest framerate I've seen so far was about 40fps on Crysis 3 when I turned absolutely every setting I could find up to the maximum possible.

So if you're making a gaming pc then really you don't need to get anything better than this. There are no games available yet that this can't run easily with a decent graphics card.

That said, I would definitely encourage you to look at the new Devil's Canyon range of chips which have just been released and can be bought at other retailers online now (June 2014). For the uninitiated these are a 'refreshed' update of the current Haswell chip range (which includes this i5-4670k). The refreshed version of the i5-4760k will be the Devil's Canyon i5-4690k. (The higher spec i7-4770 becomes the new Devil's Canyon i7-4790k by the way)

The new Devil's Canyon versions have slightly higher chip speeds and are better at heat management so the chips are less likely to overheat under stress or due to overclocking. The new Devil's Canyon chips are of course more expensive, but are slightly more future proofed for future games and applications.

But as I said above, if you're trying to make a gaming computer on a limited budget then you can't go wrong with the i5-4760k. It can confidently handle any game out there right now! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I5 - 4670k or the I7?, 6 Mar 2014
Buy this! i5 price is great and you would only need an i7 unless you are recording
videos and Editing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU for gaming, 1 April 2014
Unless you're in a career which requires massive amounts of calculations this is the CPU you should get. I still haven't maxed out all cores at the same time, even when running CPU intensive games on full settings, and I have not yet overclocked it. In short, I don't need an i7, and neither will you, most likely. As games become more advanced as time goes by you'll always be able to overclock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar., 5 Aug 2014
When I first ordered this I was pleased it came next day and after I had got all my other components I built my PC. However, The CPU was a dud. It did not work what so ever. The only problem was it took me a while to definitely know this after testing all my components and troubleshooting. I got a replacement from Amazon (Who have the best customer service of any, in my opinion). PC works perfect. Plays all games in their highest settings with more than playable FPS.

My Rig -

I5 4670k
R9 270x
CX600m
G skill dual 8Gb Ram
Kingston 120gb ssd
WC 1TB HDD

Also runs AVID and Cyberlink Powercam well, however have not yet used them to their full.
Best CPU, better than any similar AMD. If you are considering getting a new processor and are not sure between Intel and AMD, trust me for the extra price it might not seem like much but it is definitely worth it.

I only wish I could have afforded the i7 haswell chip.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best CPU on the market for the price, 7 July 2013
J. T. Head (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
As part of a new build, I was debating whether or not it was worth investing in the new Haswell CPUs or whether just to go with the tried and tested third generation. I decided to go with Haswell and I can't say I'm disappointed.

My previous build had a Phenom II, which whilst good in its day was really starting to show its age. The difference between this and the Phenom was night and day, and is everything you'd expect from an i5. Performance compared to previous generations isn't hugely improved (~10% increase at most), but then 10% is better than no improvement at all. The stock cooler is actually fairly decent when I tried it out, although I was getting 70c on load which was a little bit too hot for my liking. Installing an aftermarket cooler (Evo 212 in my case) reduced this to around 55c on load, which is obviously a much nicer number. While heat isn't an issue, it does run quite hot (and can run pretty hot as the Tj Max is rather high on these), so don't be too alarmed if you're hitting pretty high temperatures. Haswell seems to run a tad hotter, but it's not by much.

Installation is as easy as any other CPU, however when putting the clamp down from the motherboard I did really have to force it down, almost to the point where I thought I was breaking it. It even left a small scuff mark on the metal casing on top of the CPU. However this is normal and so don't be alarmed if this happens, it needs to be secured tightly. Apart from that it's pretty much just a standard installation, fairly straightforward (and of course also comes with an included Intel sticker, lovely!).

Buying the K variant allows overclocking (as it's unlocked), and therefore is as easy as raising the CPU multiplier in the BIOS. You can then mess around with all the other settings if you're going for gold with your overclock (such as voltages and the clock speed), but if you're just looking for a mild to standard overclock then it really is as easy as it sounds. Some extreme overclockers have reported that the Haswell line isn't quite as good for overclocking as the older generations, but for the majority of people who just want to overclock to ~4GHz or less, then you won't have any issues. Just watch your temperatures, and also bear in mind that it's fairly common for one core to run 3-8c hotter than the rest.

As it's a new socket type and there are no revolutionary new features, it's admittedly probably not worth the upgrade if you already own a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU. However if you're doing a new build or are looking to upgrade from an older CPU, then it's definitely worth investing in a 1150 socket motherboard and getting the Haswell line for roughly the same price as previous generations. A ~10% performance increase is always welcome and you're future proofing yourself a lot more for the next Intel releases. Unless you do heavy video editing, rendering or modelling, you won't benefit from the i7's multitasking capabilities, and so this CPU is currently the top of the line for the price for gamers and power users alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU., 4 Jun 2014
If you are only gaming this is the one to get. You could get an AMD chip as there is almost no difference, and the performance is enough for the average person. Although you can get a FX 8350 and a motherboard for a little more than this CPU and it will perform better the i5. AMD FX8350 Black Edition 8 Core Processor (4.0/4.2GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 8MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 125W, Retail Boxed)Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard (AMD 970/SB950, DDR3, 6 x S-ATA 600, ATX, PCI-Express 2.0, USB 3.0, Socket AM3+)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little processor., 1 Jun 2014
So I got this processor around 6 months ago,
I got it as a change from AMD to intel. I was running a FX-4170, which not only drew so much more power than the 4670K, but was also far less powerful.

-Gaming

With games the 4670K performs remarkably well. I am not sure how else to show you (without benchmarks) so I am going to tell you my whole rig, and some FPS I achieve.

Intel 4670K - Custom water loop.
R9 290 Windforce Edition
Corsair Domintator Platinum 8GB
Gigabyte UD3H Z87
RM 750 PSU

Battlefield 4 - 100-120 FPS (avg)
Black flag - 60 FPS (This game is capped to 60, so obviously I am unable to get higher)
Crysis 3 - 75-80 FPS

As you can see it performs well and is a great little CPU.

10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for gaming, 11 May 2014
When I built my gaming Rig I didn't have the money to get the I7 so i went for the next best thing and purchased a one of these.

Had it running in my system now for atlest half a year so Its had a thorough testing and its still marching on strong, when paired with 2 7950's in crossfire the entire system is fantastic for gaming!!!.

Overclocking, right now I have the cores set to overclock at 4.3GHz, it seems its a good overclocking core. I have had it higher, but after my OS got moved onto a SSD i haven't really had the need to overclock so high again.

Temperatures are all right to meh at best, on a Corsair H60 I average about 35-45 degrees. (although as I write this its nearer 50.....)

Over all a good CPU for gamers, people who want to do average work (non rendering, if any one wants to render you want hyper threading which isn't included on I5's) and just have a speedy system.

My system specs.
4670K CPU OC'd to 4.3GHz
Corsair CX750M PSU
120gb Crucial SSD
Hydro - H60
8gb Kingston Genesis blue ram
2 X Radeon hd 7950 (in crossfire).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CPU Great price, 21 April 2014
Managed to catch this item at £150 odd. Fantastic bargain as they go for more than this on ebay. Works great and is currently the CPU of choice for gamers.