Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

James writes clearly, concisely and accurately about how things work. The pragmatism of his advice and sage thinking based on his experience and understanding will allow you to emulate and adopt a fresh mindset.

Choose Yourself do it today
on 31 March 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, certainly the first half. It says things as they really are from a global perspective affecting almost everyone around the world. The second half of the book I found was more like a personal autobiography, which I wasn't really expecting from the title. Some advice I'm not sure I totally agree, and possibly more inclined to agree with Dr Marty Nemko's perspective about replication being a better source of business success than innovation and that avoiding competition is key. I also like Mike Morrison's "Bootstrap Marketing" from a "down-to-earth northern English" perspective. However, for the cost and insights of the author, "Choose Yourself" to me is a book which doesn't make sense not to read.
on 24 June 2014
Altucher's podcast is really enjoyable and supports his view that we should all choose ourselves, so I decided to give his book a read. I'm so glad I finally bought and read the book - I read it in a few days because I was enjoying it so much.

Choose Yourself is written very informally, like you were reading one of his blog posts. This isn't a bad thing, but for people who like highbrow business or self improvement books, it's not that type of book. You feel that Altucher is speaking to you personally, which is what many authors aim to do, but many fail to achieve.

If you're looking for an enjoyable read to give you some motivation to take on something new in your life, this is a great book to read.
on 10 April 2016
Choose yourself is one of the key books I read before deciding to take the jump and start an entrepreneurship journey about a year ago.

It's inspiring for a start, challenges common wisdom and what you've been taught all your life. It turns your perspective on work upside down.

Then it gives you practical advice that you can apply to your life to build a solid foundation for the new path you're about to follow.

The 10 ideas a day practice is genius and has allowed me to explode my creativity. I've been following it for one year now.

On top of all this, James is a great storyteller and writer. You're never bored reading Choose Yourself.

Pick it up if you dare...
on 2 May 2015
Held my attention from start to finish. This book also motivated me to get the ball rolling again on my passion and dreams.

Looking forward to see what you have coming next.

Jake - Jacobsblog.co.uk
on 2 March 2014
For me personally it seems an ongoing battle, the balance between "success" and trying to live a "happy" life, particularly as a parent. This book faces these both head on, and shows a balance between the two. I appreciate the honest writing style, the disclosure that James doesn't say it is easy, but with the right mindset it is possible and the advice is practical and once read it seems obvious. I actually emailed James recently as I am going through hard times which James has already experienced (it seems James has experienced so much) and the fact he replied personally endeared me to read his book, and I'm glad I did. A book worth reading great stuff James!
on 18 April 2014
If you are looking for a different way to work, a different view point or simply some inspiration, then this is the book for you. James takes examples from his own life story and those of others and shows that we dont need to go down the well trodden corporate typical work route. There is another way if you Choose Yourself. He outlines "routines" to help you achieve your aims and enough evidence to propel you forward on your new world career journey. This book should give you the ideas and fledgling confidence to start looking at your own skills and noticing their worth. You dont need to have an employer - employ yourself!
on 22 March 2014
I love James' blog and his 'tell it how it is in his world' style, and this book is more of the same. If you need some belief, some support or some help to get on with living, looking after yourself and making the most of the teeny amount of time we have on this earth, buy it. It won't give you a blueprint for success or how to be a millionaire by Friday, ( well, not directly!) but it should make you really, deeply think, make you comfortably be in control of yourself and realise that you need to get on with life today. Buy it, read it, get on with being yourself and living.
on 9 March 2014
I've always been found of James Altucher, on his blog he writes so freely and honestly that it is so easy to feel charmed by everything he does. When I realised he had wrote a book like this one I had to read it.

Quite simply, some of the best money I have ever spent (all 77p of it!)

Again, James leaves nothing at the door and brings you into his way of thinking, giving you hope and energy that you can choose yourself and not be holding your hopes and dreams on one person, company or event.

To James, thank you so much for giving me so much :)
on 28 February 2015
Can't say I enjoyed this self congratulatory rant