5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Motivational Read
I am in a really good place in my life right now, and already have already Chosen Myself. But I decided to read James' book anyway after listening to an interview he gave, and I am so glad I did!

Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A Chequered Effort
Published 4 months ago by Lazy Man

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Motivational Read, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)

This boom is far more than just a pep talk, or motivational text. It reminds of of what is truly important in life. For all his past mistakes James is a very clever guy, he has found a way of dealing with the stress of leading a lifestyle and working environment that is highly volatile. This is experience is perfectly inline with what many of us face today, whatever level our careers are currently at.

James I just want to say thank you for helping me even though I didn't even think I needed it. You have given me much to consider, and many things to implement in my daily workflow.

Idea generation is now my top priority each day!

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining and engaging book written by a true visionary, 4 Jun 2013
Pete M (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
If you're unlucky enough to be an employee, you'll know that the nature of employment is changing rapidly. James tells you why it's changing, how it's changing, and what it will change into. He then tells you what you can do to avoid being destroyed by this change. An entertaining and engaging book written by a true visionary - this is a book that will save your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars How will you survive in the future?, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
Computers and Asia will probably take your job somepoint soon. And that is why you need to read this book.

Soon you will either be a short term worker, unemployed or an entreprener. James will teach you how to be the latter, be happy and change the world for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
Read this, do the daily practice and smile at people. A great book, I love the blog, love the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Was Going To Ask For My Money Back - But Now I would Pay Double to Read it Again, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
When I first heard about James Altucher's book I was going to take advantage of Jame's generous offer to refund the price after reading it. But in fact this book is worth every penny I paid - and a lot more.

James has an authentic voice that grabs you be by the ears and makes you listen. By turns he is challenging, inventive, original, creative and funny.

His central theme is that giving ourselves and our power and creativity away to others has got to stop. The current modern age has given us all the tools to work less but earn more and genuinely fulfilling lives, if we really choose to do so.

The time is now. We can continue to be corporate slaves or stand up and seek out the deepest, strongest, most intelligent parts of ourselves and create the life that we want. And lastly never give up. For those with courage, "failure" is merely a learning workshop in how to do things better.

Highly recommended - as is his blog, for a regular dose of refreshing, sometimes quirky but always interesting, ideas.

Peter Clifford [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid advice well dispensed .., 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
A great read that explores and works with central critical themes of self awareness and expansion - James has attitude, honesty and humility that resonates in the most positive way and has reinforced my desire to make awesomeness happen everywhere in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice, 25 July 2013
S. A. Hart "Steven H" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Paperback)
This is an excellent book if you really believe in your self, and also even if you lack real confidence and motivation. It really gives you great advice and techniques to follow to move yourself and your future along. I would recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about making big life, or career changes in the near future. A worthwhile read and one that I'll keep returning to again and again. Thanks James Altucher for such an inspirational read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering and Inspirational - a timely Godsend!, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
Tried a sample and couldn't get my card registered quick enough to buy the full book!

Simple, stylish and downright clever. The blatant honesty of the author is invigorating, his teachings revolutionary.

Wealthy/successful people are considered elite, secretive, and aloof. We nurture misconceptions about 'how the other half live', but Choose Yourself snaps-back on that ever increasing gap, laying a virtual foundation to bridge it.

Bureaucratic hierarchy is slammed as the author invites us, challenges us even, to dare to dream outside the battered old box of social conformity.

With practical advice and step-by-step guides, this book really is a one-for-all must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
This guy has got an exceptional way with words. He'll make you reassess what it is you're doing and help you to realise whether you should actually be doing it. Just read it and choose yourself.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Chequered Effort, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
I have read a great number of self help books, some good and some not so good, and this lies somewhere in the middle ground. It has moments of original brilliance that truly inspire you interlaced with rather pretentious passages that don't make much sense or recycle well known material. Sometimes I loved the author's quirky writing style, other times it grated on me. However, overall this is an entertaining, thought provoking read and others might love it judging by some of the other glowing reviews !

Choose Yourself!