5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, pleasingly good looking, stable and useful.
We chose this cabinet because it is the correct height for a bedside lamp to sit on and shine down onto a book for comfortable bedtime reading.

From our experience, to assemble the cabinet, you will need:

A long handled screwdriver
A soft hammer
A flat bladed screwdriver
A pencil
+ an average level of DIY ability.

The...
Published on 14 May 2011 by Mrs. Katharine Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars was not so happy
was sort of happy with this item; its easy to assemble and looks nice, but it didn't come with all of the bits needed to build it.
I was missing the doors latch and hinges so just going to have to leave it until customer service3s get back to me.
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by J. Ryland

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, pleasingly good looking, stable and useful., 14 May 2011
Mrs. Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

From our experience, to assemble the cabinet, you will need:

A long handled screwdriver
A soft hammer
A flat bladed screwdriver
A pencil
+ an average level of DIY ability.

The instructions don't mention glue but really the whole thing would be a lot stronger if it were glued together during construction.

We didn't follow the slightly intimidating instruction sheet, just used common sense. It took a handy chap one and a half hours to make it in a careful and leisurely fashion. We did buy two and the second one only took 45 minutes - this time a power screwdriver was very helpful, and this second time we glued it all together.

Firstly he laid it all out on the floor to check through. We decided against using the enclosed round black decorative studs as we liked the look of the finished article without them.

Unluckily for us, when we unpacked this bedside cabinet one small part was cracked and broken away from the piece. However we glued it together successfully; it was part of the drawer so not too important. I read from other reviewers that there wouldn't be a problem getting a replacement part but it seemed easier just to mend it there and then.

It is a rough and ready item, as even after careful attention some joints just won't fit well, they gape a little. It was declared less easy to make than some Swedish flat pack furniture can be. It's not MDF though, being proper wood, dark pine, apart from the back panel, and the black metal fittings are attractive. I was happy as they perfectly matched a desk I had bought some while ago; do take a look at the image I have posted above of the two items together.

Now complete and in position I am really pleased with the cabinet. I gave it a generous treatment with beeswax polish. The cabinet is heavy and solid; no reason why it shouldn't stay where it is being serviceable and attractive to look at for years to come. Even with the niggles I have described I still think it is worth 5 *s as it was so inexpensive and yet when made really looks to be worth more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 4 Jan 2011
I thought this bedside cabinet was an excellent product. It is well made, very thick pine, not flimsy like a lot of these cabinets. It was relatively easy to build, but would probably need somebody with at least a little bit of DIY knowledge. I would definitely buy more items from this range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little cabinet, 26 Jun 2011
Any pine lovers will appreciate this and it's relatively easy to put together. The instructions are clear and once it's complete the cabinet is by no means flimsy. Ideal for storing away a few little treasures and keeping your midnight snacks in!

5.0 out of 5 stars good solid unit, 20 Jan 2010
Mr. M. R. Duke "Marty Pants" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
very quick delivery from seller, top job!
Easy to asemble with good instruction
solid, nice looking unit!
Cheapest i could find on net!

3.0 out of 5 stars was not so happy, 13 Dec 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Bedside cabinets, 21 Aug 2011
Both cabinets were good value for the money but one had a part that was incorrect which took a couple of weeks to resolve. Overall I was very placed with the service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corona Bedside caqbinet, 24 Feb 2013
This cabinet is ideal for my needs. It looks stylish and was easy to assemble.
I would highly recommend this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but requires a bit more work than you would expect, 17 Nov 2012
Once assembled this is a very good price for what you get but assembly is not as simple as it should be.

The main issue with this as a flat pack item seems to be a lack of quality control as the item I received had several faults such as holes that had not been drilled in the right place or not drilled at all. That said if you have a drill to hand. to drill the necessary holes to finish the cabinet off it only takes about hour to put together I would say that to do a good job on this you would want to have: a Drill, A good cross head screw driver, a mallet (some parts can be forced into place) and some wood glue to make it all a little more solid.

while I am critical of the flat pack system's quality the wood used on the cabinet is of surprisingly good quality given the price which means once it is together properly it looks considerably better quality than most flat pack furniture in this price range. the quality of the wood also means that it is very easy to repair any flaws in the construction.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult, 14 Jun 2013
This was difficult to assemble. We wondered which language the instructions were translated from! Neither the illustrations nor the (English?) instructions were very helpful. Ambiguous would be the word of choice I think!

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 17 Feb 2013
1st one I built went together great, but 2nd one the wood was softer so screws would not grip on some wood, plus alignment of the 2nd ones draw was out, so i had to re jiggle & move the draw guides. Overall I like them and there still good value for money.

Corona Bedside Chest, 1 drawer, 1 door