5.0 out of 5 stars A new look at a much written about genre
An interesting idea. I was expecting a run-of-the-mill zombie fest but this is different. Running from one country to another to try and find a new possible life is not something I expected, love the airport bit.

Published 14 months ago by M J Hawkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that good.
Starts off ok but the more you read the more it felt like it was a first draft. He zombies kept evolving with no explanation, getting sharper teeth etcetera. And then it ends really abruptly without any resolution for the characters or the story. Not the worst I've read but far from the best. Maybe should have been part one of at least two.
Published 13 months ago by jj

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun zombie fest, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Common Cold: A Zombie Chronicle (TCC: A Zombie Chronicle Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I sat down to read this book on a packed commuter train travelling in from south London in January, as is turns out that is just where this story begins. In the book our hero notices his fellow traveller s looking a bit peeky, in real life the man behind me started coughing. So apologies to anyone on the 736 to Victoria for mad woman shaking with laughter. A romping good read from then on in really.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new look at a much written about genre, 15 Aug 2013

Not exactly a spoiler but I like the idea of a non-incinerated meteorite as the source of the problem – using current news is a great idea. I also like the fact that no survivor really understands why they didn’t get it. Was it a cold they contracted or something else?

Overall, surprised it was so cheap, it’s a good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 10 May 2014
Loved these books, even more so due to the fact I live near and work at a Gatwick airport where some of the action takes place. It's a refreshing change that most of the action (in the first book anyways) takes place in the UK. I read both books over the bank holiday weekend, and truly hope they'll be a third anytime soon. Fantastic books that I came upon purely by accident - can't wait for the next! I wonder if Kylie knows she's used as a weapon?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly exciting!, 2 May 2014
Makes you feel ill in places, exactly what makes for a [keep reading me !] book. An author with excellent descriptive prowess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read!, 19 Jun 2013
Had me gripped from start to finish. Lots of excellent detail that really brings the story too life. You could feel yourself being right in the middle of the action.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book that holds your attention, 8 May 2014
W0lfie "w0lfie" (London suburbs UK) - See all my reviews
Quite a good read, a diiferent way of zombie interaction. I don't want to say more for fear of giving out spoilers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 31 Jan 2014
A gripping read with well developed characters and an almost plausible plot. For me there were a few too many 'hard to swallow' (no pun intended) events, but judging from other reviews nobody else had a problem with them! That being said, I really became wrapped up in the characters and look forward to the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Common Cold: A Zombie Chronicle, 13 Jan 2014
A nice easy to read book "no brainer" (pun intended) for fans of the Zombie horror genre. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive zombiefest rollercoaster ride, 29 Dec 2013
Brilliant 1st book set in London at the start as we are introduced to Daniel commuting to work and noticing people symptomatic with cold sore throats, lethargic and he quickly realizes the danger everyone is in. Daniel and his colleague Rob fight their way across London to find and rescue Janet, Daniel's wife who is stranded at the library has her own problems as shes trapped with a bitten colleague.

The couple decide to leave Britain and accompany Rob to US to find his own family as their home is gone they've nothing left and assume safety in US. Gatwick is...of course...full zombies and David K Roberts adds some fantastic gripping scenes on the plane which were my favorite.

Believable and engaging characters makes you want to root for them; as they react to each horrific problem in a credible, plausible way. Great descriptive writing from David this really is a zombiefest with a difference; a simple meteorite carrying the virus from space; is something that could be very real, makes you think ALOT!
From page one you are gripped and pulled along at high speed without being able to put this down. I was completely addicted to this perfect length novel; finally a lovely longer read, to get completely immersed in. I was oblivious of my surroundings for almost a full day reading this...good job there wasn't an apocalypse..eh!
Zombie fans will love the unique ideas; the run from the UK to the US making it different from other books and I loved having two types of zombies the slow ones we all know and love and a new breed; the fast ones that can think problems out and are learning how to track and trap their prey.......

Im now off to get book 2 I couldn't leave on such a fantastic cliffhanger I have to know what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Read, 24 Dec 2013
When I started this book, I wasn't sure....but as the story progressed I had to know what was going to happen, so much so that I have just bought the next one. Got to go, reading to do!