Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 5 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book.I love the character of Charlotte Savage.I love her feistiness and determination to find the truth.it has s great plot and I wanted to keep reading it to find out what happened.I will definitely be reading his new book.people should download it they won't regret it.
DI Charlotte Savage is thrown into an intricate tale of detective work that stretches both her expertise and determination along with her colleagues. She finds herself searching for a paedophile child-killer whilst an on going large scale undercover drug surveillance operation is nearing completion. She also has to cope with her children, husband Pete's return after 15 years as a seaman and a pending disciplinary hearing. What follows is a series of gruesome murders, execution-style, seemingly unconnected but the same powerful and influential names continue to enter the frame.

DI Savage believes there may be a vengeful psychopathic motive. Links gradually grow into a chain. The narrative by the author skilfully keeps the storylines flowing as the pieces of the puzzle are mystifying but gradually reveal themselves. Putting it all together is Mark Sennen's forte as he engages the reader through an action-packed novel with the many characters he introduces all integral to the story as their roles become clearer with red-herrings and twists included.

An excellent and enjoyable crime-thriller full of suspense and vigour. Contains grisly violent incidents.
on 4 August 2013
What is making this such a great series is the character of Charlotte herself -- any misgivings that a married female detective with kids would make for cosiness soon disappear. Charlotte is reassuringly foul-mouthed, deeply flawed and not at all averse to bending the rules when she needs to -- in other words, thoroughly likable.

This book really keeps you absorbed, with a fast-moving plot, full of twists and turns (OK, so it is a bit OTT, but so what?). But be warned -- it contains graphic and gory descriptions of extreme sadistic violence, the state of the corpses and the subsequent autopsies. If this bothers you a lot, it's a book probably best avoided.

Speaking for myself, I am eagerly looking forward to the next Charlotte Savage book.
on 27 March 2014
Having read the first in the series-'Touch', I found I had to read the next one. This novel has great characters that you find yourself caring about. It was impossible to put down and I am about to read the third in the series-'Cut above'.
I know I will do nothing else 'til I finish it !
on 5 August 2013
I've yet to read a bad Mark Sennen book. He moves faultlessly from one scenario to another I would recommend this to anyone who likes a real "tight" plot. I was sorry to reach the end. If you have never read a Savage novel give it a whirl.
on 16 September 2013
From the description of the book it seemee like it was going to quite an intriguing book. But as I was reading I found myself bored. The story seemed repetitive and isnt in depth or well thought out. There was huge potential in the initial bit of the book but then it all fell a bit flat for me personally. All in all I was a bit disappointed.
on 29 July 2014
Enjoyed the first book in this series. This was disappointing. Far too much descriptive padding, hard to follow & villains difficult to differentiate. Can't understand the rave reviews.
on 30 July 2014
The plot is interesting, but the torture is too graphic for my tastes. There is a continuing sub- plot from an earlier book, concerning Charlotte's daughter-- and it will continue in a future book. What I find interesting in his novels is that the police, even I outside london, are not al-good. Most have dirty secrets that nobody else knows.
on 22 May 2014
Having tired of Deaver and read all of Peter James' superb DI Grace series in a little over two months...I was so depressed that I now had nothing of a British police crime genre to read every night.

I searched around and found one author but it wasn't until I alighted on Mark Sennen's most excellent DI Savage trilogy that I felt home again in the world of British criminology.

Sennen was difficult to love at first but that was just a matter of getting used to a new style of writing after the comfortable feeling of Peter James' way of writing.

Now I am up to the third novel of the three and I know I am going to be craving for more and yet again...will have to search for another author temporarily while these excellent homegrown authors get their fingers out and produce more stories.

My goal is to have enough authors of this quality...made in the UK....and writing with such captivating excellence, that I can avail myself of a new release every couple of weeks in a rotating fashion! Utopia? Maybe.....

Anyway...this trilogy has the makings of a very convoluted series of stories, all intimately linked in very subtle but important...and often frightening ways.

I found myself saying.."now THAT'S clever" on a number of occasions. But Sennen leaves you wondering how much more of the apparently insignificant parts of his individual plots will actually proved to be very significant later on...or indeed, in future stories.

I like Sennen's raw honesty when depicting his cast. This is the real world where the police are only human beings like you or I and make huge mistakes which come back to haunt them later on. I love that he kills off victims occasionally without regard for our hope that they will be rescues and yet, rescues enough favourites just in time to have us hanging on the edge of our chairs.

Clever!

Yes...Mark Sennen is now added, very firmly to my list of favourite British crime authors. He can count on every book he writes in the future being read by me and every book I have so far read, being recommended to others.

Like all these serial novel sets...do please read the first one first and then move on in order. Reading them out of sequence will leave you without the enjoyment of the subtle threads that weave between all of them.

Jim
on 18 January 2016
DI Savage reappears in a story of revenge and payback. There are 2 lines of investigation drugs and murder which you somehow know will overlap. Di Savage shows she is not afraid to play close to the line and sometimes a little over. The book does contain descriptions of torture and beatings which shows the savagery of the protagonists. There is also more info on the death of her daughter hinting this will be a recurring theme. A good addition to the DI Savage series