5.0 out of 5 stars loved it
After Tuesday is a story of a girl called Ruby.

Having lost her mother at a young age Ruby has spent the last few years living with her hopeless Father. Living like strangers next door to her Uncle and Cousin, Ruby looks after herself.

Published 10 months ago by Linda Luscious Literature

3.0 out of 5 stars After Tuesday
I found this book at bit rambling. There wasn't much actually plot to it and the romance between the two characters was lack-luster. None of the secondary characters really added much to the book either if only to grant small reprieves from Ruby's whining.
Published 14 months ago by K Flanaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 22 April 2014
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
After Tuesday is a story of a girl called Ruby.

Spending her last summer at a camp as a counsellor before her final year at school Ruby makes friends with a girl called Lexi, Ruby doesn’t have friends she just exists she keeps herself to herself so she doesn’t have to explain things.
But all that changes when attending a get together with Lexi Ruby meets Brent.
Brent is enthralled with Ruby her wants to get to know her and everything about her, but Ruby keeps some things hidden and Brent wants to know.
Having spent a wonderful summer with Brent, School is back and Ruby is happy where her and Brent are going.

That soon changes when one special night everything goes wrong.
Ruby knew all good things that were happening for her would soon turn bad. Now she closes herself off she hates having to reveal what’s really happening.
How will Brent take to the truth about Ruby?
Will they get past it?

Loved loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller coaster of a ride, 12 April 2014
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wow what can I say: Gezzz it was emotional! I didn't realise I was reading a Young-Adult  genre until the very end as it a was given to me as an *Arc for an honest review*  and read it without any Pryor knowledge of it or the author. Well done Renee Ericson I can see this going far with the teenage generation I will never dismiss the category again! I thank you for that.

Written in Ruby's POV, set at a quick pace and a good flow. You get an insight into her life, as a heroin she's strong-determined and god love her so brave, has learnt to stand on her on two feet and fend for herself at an early age. A bitter-sweet story that had me in tears, shouting NOOOOO!! Giggling and put a smile on my face. Loved it!

Losing her mum at a tender age, her dad lost his way and checked-out of her life some time ago, he may have been there in body but not in mind, every action has a consequence. It's not until he hits rock-bottom, gets a reality-check and realises just what he's missed out on, but with all addictions actions speck louder than words can he make amends or will it truly be to late?....

Not gonna lie farther and daughter dialogue had me in tears you could feel Ruby's turmoil and devastation learning to close herself off, love her farther from a distance she finds it hard to let anyone in, it's just her and Dragon a loyal friend THE DOG!
Loved how the dog was incorporated in this story. He is a savour!
Working at Camp White Ash she become friends with Lexi shes' infectious and they click and that's where she has an encounter with Brent Cromwell known as a hottie and a football player/captain and so super sweet he knows what he wants and he's on Ruby's tail...
Ruby by name Ruby by nature; you can feel her BLUSH. Can Brent breath life-love- back into our fractured rose?....

"I realize that love can never find a hidden heart. I'm so glad I decided to
let my heart out of the gate for him to find, capture, and join with his -in every way." Beautifully said.

Read it! I couldn't put it down. Truly addictive no pun intended. Don't wanna give any more spoilers away the ending was just beautiful too.
5 stars from me..

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good read, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is really sweet , it shows true emotion and problem that can test true love
Really enjoyed this book . Download it now

3.0 out of 5 stars After Tuesday, 14 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly inspired by a 17 yr. old!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am always doubtful and hesitant to read a YA novels. To me, it's just a teenager's no nonsense, non stop endless talk about fashion and their never ending gushing about their school crushes and boyfriends.

This book opened my mind and heart and made me a total convert, I will never again shun a young adult or new age book ever again!

This sweet young 17 yr.old, Ruby Tuesday, not only made me cry but also endeared herself to me. I am so taken by her I want to hold and hug her and kiss her and tell it's going to be alright. For such a young innocent girl who's lost her mother at a tender age, with a father who has a serious drinking and drug problem, has handled all the hardship in life and yet had an incredible strength and wisdom that is most sobering. Reading this is like a rare experience, an incredible rare occurrence that made me realized something I never thought I'll ever admit.... I was touched and INSPIRED by a mere innocent young 17 yr.old and it's truly quite humbling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first book in a series., 9 Sept. 2013
read-along-with-sue "sue" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
When I was gifted this book to read by the author for an honest review, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I LOVED IT! so much in this book to keep you turning from one page to the next. It didn't lag, it was thoroughly thought through from every aspect by the author.

Even the title has a meaning, TUESDAY. The connection to Ruby of course unfolded as I went along. Her father having this illness of drink and later discovering other aspects to him as well was a surprise to me towards the end of the book.

RUBY, gutsy, emotionally intune, grown up. She has had to grow up fast fending for herself. Vulnerable in some parts too. As a mom I wanted go give her a great big cuddle at times, and at other times a "Mom" talking to!

The dog, he won a small place in my heart. ALL the people in this story came to life to me, became real, they could be you or I, they could be your neighbor, someone somewhere is going through what Ruby is going through in this book. I loved how she dealt with things in every aspect of her life.

The ending touched me. In a way that I thought it wouldn't but yes, out came the tissues.

AUTHOR

I love her style. I love how she gets deep into the very thoughts of her characters and brings out not only what they are doing, but what they are thinking. That is some talent to 'knit' that together and a reader not notice it until the last page.

Truly a remarkable author, plenty of talent there and I want more books by her!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of After Tuesday!, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
3.5 Young, Brilliant, Sweet and Damn Cute, First Love Stars!!

First of all let me say that I don't read many YA Romance books anymore, I prefer New Adult so that's why I rated it 3.5 stars.This is a great book for YA Romance lovers and will be thoroughly enjoyed!

This is a story of first love, healing, forgiveness and new beginnings..

What do you do when things at home turn bad?
What do you do when you have so many responsibilities and nothing making sense anymore?

Ruby is a sweet, young girl who had to grow up really fast when things started to go downhill and her father became an addict she had to start looking after herself as well as her father. Her family life sucks but she cant let anyone know how bad it is, so she keeps to herself at school..nobody really knows Ruby, until Brent walks into her life..

Brent is a hot popular guy who takes interest in Ruby. He is sweet, caring and so damn romantic.But will Ruby open up to him? Will she share her family problems with him or will she shut him out?

"I don't want anyone else. Not at all. Not since the moment I first saw you."

It was so sweet and cute, it was like watching from a distance a love story enfolding in front of your eyes and with the characters you felt their every emotion..the butterflies, the heartache, the love, the sadness and the bliss..
Well done Renee Ericson!

"Releasing my hand, he places his fingers in my hair, his thumb caressing the sensitive area on my face between my cheek and ear. With his lips near mine, my breath quickens, and his audible gasp pulls air from my mouth."

After Tuesday is in Ruby's POV which helps you alot in understanding her family issues and what she is going through. I would have loved for there to be Brents POV as well so lets hope we get his side in the next books! Thankfully this book did not end at a cliffhanger..

I am looking forward to reading the next book Forgotten Yesterday! I wonder how it will continue and look forward to seeing Brent and Ruby's relationship grow.
Now with every good thing there usually is a bad, so what else could go wrong? hmmm..

"Brent squeezes my hand, making me snap my mouth shut. He comes around to stand in front of me to hold both of my hands.
"So," he says with more light in his eyes than I've ever seen, "what do you think? Is this a good surprise?"

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous read., 6 July 2013
Reviewer: Amanda
Rating: 5 out of 5 fairies

First off this book is young adult, and there are sexual situations and drug use involved. Ruby nicknamed "Tuesday" by her Dad, is the main character. Ruby doesn't have the normal teenage life, her Mom died in a car accident when she was little and ever since her Dad has struggled. Her Dad is an addict and not just alcohol, heavy drug use as well. Ruby has relied on herself most of her life, her Dad does not abuse her but, leaves her alone all the time. She works and takes care of everything, even buys the groceries. Things a regular teenager doesn't worry about. Her one goal is to get through her senior year of high school and get into a college.

Without spoiling the whole book for everyone, this book is all about Ruby and her emotions, she finds herself coming out of her shell so to speak. She starts her Senior year with new friends and a new boyfriend. Now with everything going right in her life for once, a secret involving her Dad threatens everything. She has to come to the realization that she is not alone and doesn't have to be anymore.

Overall it's a really good story about a girl learning to trust herself and the people that are a positive influence in her life. I really enjoyed reading After Tuesday and seeing how Ruby's character evolved and came to resolve her feelings with the situations that she was faced with. I would recommend it to anyone 17 and up, and give it a rating of 5 out of 5 :)

Disclosure: This book was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Thank you renee I loved this book ruby was such a strong character, I fell in love with Brent . You made me care about everyone in this book I can't for the next if I could give it more than five stars I would x

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Jun. 2013
Mrs. Lee Summers "RUBY DOOBY" (ESSEX UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After Tuesday (These Days Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely fantastic! I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and I can't wait to read more about Ruby, roll on the second book!

After Tuesday (These Days Book 1)