Published 9 months ago by Andy Phillip Hatchett

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected
So, this is the debut album from the singing and drums playing son of Phil Collins. I am almost tempted to quote the title of one of Phil's most known songs. But I believe he would be proud of what his son Simon Collins has done on this album. The parentage is pretty obvious on this album. I think it is a safe bet that this album has been going on pretty heavy rotation in...
Published 16 months ago by Torodd Fuglesteg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Music Please buy this album ,Simon Collins is amazingly creative and a Real Star bringing Music back to life, 2 Feb 2014
Andy Phillip Hatchett (Canterbury England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimensionaut (MP3 Download)
For me as a Musician i tend to listen to a circle of Music from Genesis to Yes and beyond but to find a group so talented that brings a collective of all that i love. in one basket so to speak has given me the strength to pursue my musical ambitions to the full Well done to Simon and the Band Sound Of Contact for an outstanding Album ....

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last a Great New Prog Album!!!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
Saw them live in Newcastle this month, they were good!!

Bought this album, very very impressed!!

Yes the vocals sound like Phil, good eh!!, but don't expect Genesis, the album breaks new ground, very contemporary, very immersive, strong melodies, strong dynamics, but boy it rocks!! as well.!!

Actually my favourite track is 'Remote View' which has a strong "Dear Prudence" feel to it, and could be a hit single for my money.!!

This band have a great future ahead of them if they can build on this excellent release!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Of Brilliance, 30 May 2013
Ianham "Ianham" (Ross-shire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
Quicky review here; Dave Kerzner, Kelly Nordstrom, Matt Dorsey, Wells Cunningham and some drummer (who is not bad by-the-way) really have put their heart & soul into this one. This is their début album and I for one cannot wait for future releases as this is exceptional. This has been a cracking year for the genre that dare=not speak its name with releases by Amplifier, Henry Fool, Lifesigns, Riverside, Sanguine Hum, Spock's Beard and Prog Commander Steven Wilson. The fact that a new band can happily share that company speaks volumes for the standard of care taken on this. Musical ability only goes so far but happily SOC have the songs as well as the chops. All songs top notch. Well done chaps. [PS I notice a previous reviewer had reservations about the production, for what its worth it sounds grand to me but I have old ears.]

I commend this CD to the House.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful music!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing 'Closer to You' on Planet Rock. Didn't realise the Collins connection at the time and it's not important to me. This is just a quality album. You can hear lots of different influences in the tracks - Rush, Yes, Floyd, Porcupine Tree (especially in the first track which had me thinking it was Steven Wilson singing) but I love it on its own merits. Can't wait for the next offering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange but true, 8 April 2014
A. Colvill "Anthony" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimensionaut (MP3 Download)
Enjoying this greatly, all off the back of the track heard on Planet Rock. Influences appear to be from all over, and not just the obvious. A gem of a find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dimensionaut - out of this world, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
Brilliant album - buy it if you like Genesis (for that Collins vocal sound), but also Rush. Epic prog Concept album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good melodic prog - 3 and a half stars., 25 Jan 2014
C. B. Young - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
I wasn't certain whether to purchase this album or not, (too many memories of 80s Genesis); however my son got it for me for Christmas and I have played it a number of times and I like it, it is not groundbreaking but it is refreshing and has a modern approach on the latter 70s prog sound but has a very much a crossover style with a symphonic feel to it, (and dare I say it - an element of Phil's solo work). If the other half is not into the more obscure sounds then she will like this, nearly all the tracks have a similarity to it but it is very catching and melodic. 2013 has been an excellent year for five star prog and this cannot compete, (Haken, Steven Wilson, Fright Pig, Birds and Buildings etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cd, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
Cracking cd hopefully this line up will do another, I haven't got a favourite track as they are all really good but "Mobius Slip" reminds me of when early Genesis when they did 20min long tracks. They're a tight band with some clever new progressive rock sounds, Simon Collins has his dads feel on the drums, singing and for song writing, there're obvious influences from Phil Collins or Genesis but Simon isn't standing on his fathers shoulders he is a great musician in his own right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like his old man, 2 Dec 2013
P. Smith (Canberra Aus.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimensionaut (Audio CD)
I have really fallen in love with Prog Rock late in my years, fantastic musicianship, variety and music that reaches the limits. Sound of Contact fits the bill perectly, edgy and interesting rock but always musical. And Simon Collins, no mistaking his genes, brilliant drumming and spot on vocals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top album, 25 Oct 2013
Fireball 61 (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimensionaut (MP3 Download)
After reading some of the reviews I listened to this with an open mind and I have found it to be a very good album. Fresh songs, classy music and a welcome addition to my collection. Give it a go.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›