5.0 out of 5 stars We are the New album... yeah, bad pun I know, sorry, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
Ok, I will admit I am only a recent addition to the New Device fanbase as I saw them for the first time last year in Oct, and picked up the debut album a week or so later.
Have to say I was immediately blown away with how good that album was, and had it on constant rotation for weeks, and still gets played from time to time.
This album though is a slightly different beast. While I havent found as many songs on this one as instantly catchy as the debut, I do think its an amazing follow up, and am so impressed with it that its on its third play today already.
The lead single Save your life I only heard for the first time two weeks ago, but it greeted me like an old friend on here, so it certainly shows that while songs on here may not be as instant for me, they are more than likely to become stuck in my head just as much as anything from the debut.
This album does have a higher reliance on slower paced songs (I cant necessarily call them ballads per se) than the debut, but that by no means means that its a slow paced albums. The rockers on this thunder along at a familiar pace to songs like Takin over or Make my day, for instance. Some songs though are heavier than anything on the debut.

Overall its a stonking follow up to what was in my opinion, a fantastic debut, and I can only hope these guys will go from strength to strength and get a following worthy of their talent.
Now all I hope for is a proper headline tour, with support from some other great new Brit bands like Night By Night and The Wild Lies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Getting Better, 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
Bought this album and I was blown away by the precision and sound of it. Here we stand goes for a heavier tone than Takin Over, but by no means is it just a muddy wall of sound, this is a clearly thought out and well written album that entertains every time you listen to it. Can't wait for the next release!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew me away, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
After watching these guys play live supporting Falling Red in Carlisle last October, these guys left an inprint on me....their catchy riffs, melodies and fantastic vocals I was instantly hooked...!! This is their second album and without a doubt a winner for playing full blast round the house whilst doing the housework with a good old fashioned sing along thrown in!!
Save your life is a fantastic ballard which throws itself into a full rocking out moment.....this album is highly recommended if you are a fan of bands like Burning Crows, Nickleback, Creed...the list goes on....one to definately have in your collection...!!! It also helps that all the guys in the band are very good looking ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Here We Stand - real hard rock, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
Came across this band by accident last November, usually have to hear new songs a few times over before I like them, but was immediately blown away by these guys. Proper hard rock that hearkens back to the glory days of Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and the like. Powerful guitar riffs, insistent beats, and an exceptional vocal by Daniel Leigh (I'm picky about vocals, and this is one of the best I've heard). This album is a worthy follow up to their debut album Takin' Over, and both feature songs ranging from intense, emotive offerings to arena-worthy anthems. Albums you can listen to over and over, they just keep getting better. The immense work that has gone into this album is undeniably evident in the tight, professional sound achieved, can't wait to hear more!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Device rise higher in the musical firmament, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
Dark Romanticism, somber lyrics, catchy, personal tunes : New Device, one of the best hard rock bands in the UK, have done it again : no sooner had their second album been released than their fans were already eagerly waiting for the next one ! Still, for the time being, Taking Over, whose title is both prophetic and evocative, deserves a good, attentive listening. This second studio album is a good blend of melancholy ballads (Another Life, Wreckage Of Me, New York) and bad-ass rock'n' roll tunes (Save Your Life, already n°1 in the UK, Away From Here and Here We Stand, among others).

Dan Leigh, the band's lead singer, deserves special praise : his voice has a powerful tone that can convey a large scope of intense emotions without ever breaking - contrary to our own French rockers (BB Brunes, Eiffel, Noir Désir and the like). His brother-in-arms, Roz Ison, the band's drummer and percussionist, is talented enough to create varied rhythm patterns and inventive solos whose flights suffice to adorn some of the album's hit songs (On Your Knees, Save Your Life, Away From Here).

In short, this album is a feast for the ear all the way through : it's definitely one of the best releases, this year ! It's easily accessible - this is classic rock with contemporary sound effects and effective string arrangements - and it can be enjoyed by anyone with a genuine taste for rock'n'roll. This subtle blend is a delicious cocktail that can be drunk without moderation - although it's dangerously strong !! Sound and production quality amply justifies the wait for this album !

SIMPLY UNMISSABLE !

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than their first album!, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (MP3 Download)
Loved their debut and this is even better,cant stop playing both albums.Brilliant vocals,driving heavy music at its best,these are gonna be big!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Album, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
I've loved this band since their debut album, and this their second one shows a maturity in their writing and sound.
Saw them perform some "New" songs when they supported Sister Sin at the underworld, and remember saying to a friend that the new songs sound superb.
They need a cracking support slot or radio play and maybe they might be able to get up that ladder a bit more, as along with "Vega" we have a couple of excellent melodic rock bands out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last - a well crafted album by great musicians, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (MP3 Download)
The hard work and love that has been poured into the making of this album is evident throughout. There's no filler - each track has depth and detail and most importantly, rocks really hard!! My personal favourites are 'On Your Knees' which has a chorus that deserves to be played loudly at a big stadium somewhere, and 'Save Your Life' which has a very, very tasty guitar solo. But there's lots to love here so get yourself a copy and help support some truely great musicians (who are amazing live too!).

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
I actually bought this album before hearing much of the debut one, through my daughter having lessons with the drummer Rozzy Ison. I found it instantly appealing, the vocals are stunning,with uplifting harmonies and clear lyrics, the musicianship is first class all round, and like another reviewer I am struck by the crispness of the drumming. This band really work as a team and it shows. I've now bought the first album as well, and also enjoy it, but for me this one has a greater variety of sound and better production. My favourite song at the moment is New York, but as I listen more there are others coming close: Do or die, End Of Hope, Another Life, Wreckage of me.... to name a few!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shamazing :), 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Here We Stand (Audio CD)
Super cool album, ROCK & ROLL !! Professional job, amazing vocals, smashing guitar solo's and a drummer must be a drum mashine. Reccomend to get an album and learn how to play real music.

Here We Stand