4.0 out of 5 stars I Am Having A Good Break
Deep Purple or Rainbow or Blackmore's Night, Ritchie Blackmore is my man. On account of their previous albums 'Shadow Of The Moon', 'Under A Violet Moon', 'Fires At Midnight', 'Ghost Of A Rose' I own by this romantic band that plays folk rock or renaissance music or whatever it is called, I made an unmistakable purchase of this album. I am not a big fan of this kind of...
Published 22 months ago by Mr. Bluesman

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about
Blackmore's Night are the only group I buy CD's of these days because I love the mix of old and comtemporary, vocal and instumental. But this is simply bland and each song sounds pretty much the same. There's nothing catchy, foot tapping or inspirational here, unlike so much of their other music. I wasn't that taken with "Autumn Sky" either and was looking forward to some...
Published 21 months ago by Carol Evelin

4.0 out of 5 stars another good album by blackmores night, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
if you enjoy blackmores night , this will not disappoint , its a good album , if you have not heard blackmores night , have a listen ,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Different...and my wife says some songs would do Eurovision justice!!!! Not so. I think that the mediaeval and modern fusion works well, particularly when Blackmore plays his acoustic guitar so sublimely. One of the tracks was said to be written by Richard III and it was spooky that I was reading a book about him when I received the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Found this when looking for something else on YouTube. I liked what I heard so bought the CD. This is excellent stuff. As a life-long fan of good musicianship and music that is not exactly mainstream, this fit my tastes exactly. Richie Blackmore is as brilliant as ever and demonstrates that he is more than a hard rock axe-god, displaying subtlety and virtuosity at the same time. Anyone liking the music of Renaissance would be well advised to listen to Blackmore's Night. Candice Night's voice is pure, clean and close in timbre to Annie Haslam. I can only rate this five stars but really it's worth an even higher rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been better., 21 Jan. 2014
Shrews_Tyke (Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Another decent album from Blackmore's Night but I get the feeling that they're either just going through the motions now or are running out of ideas. The music as ever is well played and beautifully sung can't fault the musicianship but I got the feeling when listening to it that I'd heard all before. I love Ritchie Blackmore's playing and Candice Night's singing has got better over the years, she sings with more confidence and as she's aged her voice has filled out. I went to see them on the tour supporting this recording and they were excellent live. Perhaps it's me who's old and jaded and expects too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track is superb, but DVD won't play except on PC, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Blackmore's Night once again have produced a wonderful album of enchanting music - every track is sheer joy to listen to. The only drawback is the included DVD will not play on either my DVD Plaver (Region Free) or Television/DVD combi. It only plays on my PC and via my x-box (although it sometimes 'sticks' on this too). I may try to copy the DVD via the PC to a USB stick and see if it will play via that (my main TV has a USB input)... we shall see if it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackmore's Night does it again, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
I've listened to Blackmore's Night snippets many times, and now decided to collect them all. I admire Ritchie Blackmore, his unique talent, musical visions and feels. I adore Candice' wonderful vocals which has similarities with ABBA's Agnetha and Anni-Frid, and then some Stevie Nicks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancer and The Moon, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Love anything done by Blackmore's Night. Candice Night's voice is haunting and beautiful and is enhanced by Richie Blackmore's musical genius

5.0 out of 5 stars rocker, 13 Nov. 2013
Paul Millard "rocker" (York,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
great music from a great bangd and of course the legend which is Ritchie blackmore ,great like previous realises buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this group, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
It was all that I expected and More.
Love It,
It was packed well and did not take long to get to me
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancer and Moon, 11 Sept. 2013
James (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Which album is the best Blackmore's Night album? Always the current one. This one suffers from a bit too much of the OYs at the end of some tracks, but is a reminder that this group still has a lot of life left in it. This one is worth the entry if only for The Ash Grove, which was used for a jingle for Newcastle Brown Ale way back in the 60s. The usual blend of heavyish rock and electric folk you expect from this class act.

Dancer and the Moon