4.0 out of 5 stars I Am Having A Good Break
Published 12 months ago by Sangeet Rcknrol

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about
Blackmore's Night are the only group I buy CD's of these days because I love the mix of old and comtemporary, vocal and instumental. But this is simply bland and each song sounds pretty much the same. There's nothing catchy, foot tapping or inspirational here, unlike so much of their other music. I wasn't that taken with "Autumn Sky" either and was looking forward to some...
Published 11 months ago by Carol Evelin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am Having A Good Break, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Deep Purple or Rainbow or Blackmore's Night, Ritchie Blackmore is my man. On account of their previous albums 'Shadow Of The Moon', 'Under A Violet Moon', 'Fires At Midnight', 'Ghost Of A Rose' I own by this romantic band that plays folk rock or renaissance music or whatever it is called, I made an unmistakable purchase of this album. I am not a big fan of this kind of music but every now and then I take out the CDs from rack and I enjoy it. Maybe if it wasn't Ritchie Blackmore, I would never know Blackmore's Night at all.

When I listened to 'Shadow Of The Moon' for the very first time a decade ago, I thought I played the wrong CD. I was expecting rock and all that sort. Then I got used to it and went on to collect other albums. Acoustic guitars, mandolins, flutes, tambourines and Candice's voice make Blackmore's night distinct from Ritchie Blackmore's renown works. I can not judge this album on basis of what a good music in this kind of genre is supposed to be. I find this album more or less similar to previous albums.

I Think It's Gonna Rain, Troika, Dancer And The Moon, The Moon Is Shining are a bit pop rock style with electric guitar. The Last Leaf, The Ashgrove, Somewhere Over The Sea, The Spinner's Tale are soothing with Candice's beautiful voice. Minstrels In The Hall and Galliard are good instrumental on acoustic guitars. Lady In Black and Temple Of The King are wonderfully presented cover versions originally performed by Uriah Heep and Rainbow respectively. Carry On Jon (I thought it is cover of Gary Moore's The Loner) with Hammond B3 organ and Ritchie Blackmore's style guitar sounds like Blackmore's Night now rocks.

Past couple of months, I have been bombarding my ears with all these latest metal/rock albums by Megadeth, Black Sabbath, The Winery Dogs, Anvil, Black Star Riders, Tom Keifer (Cinderella), Joe Satriani and Deep Purple. Dancer And The Moon is giving my ears a peaceful, blissful, joyful sensation and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Just what I expected. Great Album , great sound and Mr Blackmore happy and playing well. Loved the DVD with Ritchie and Candice talking about the songs and singing a few in an acoustic way. Roll on July 5th. I will be there at Guildford but not in medieval gear. Haven't got the legs for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but not a classic, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
If you like Blackmore's Night then you will like this. If you don't, then it won't change your mind - with one possible exception. This album carries on from where others have left off - a selection of tracks that showcase both Blackmore's playing and Night's singing. They're both very very good at what they do. There's not a duff track here, but likewise nothing that soars so high as to make you want to play it to everyone you know. Except, maybe, "Carry On... Jon" which starts as a guitar solo (reminiscent of "The Loner" by Gary Moore) and moves into an extended organ solo in the style of the late Jon Lord (intentionally, as the sleeve notes indicate). This is the track I've played the most from this CD. Other highlights include the title track and "Somewhere Over the Sea".

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Candice's voice is still brilliant, and teh music fantastic - very joyful album, as they have all been that they have produced - long may it continue. A brilliant mix of "olde world" and modern take.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
is a great album from start to finish the sort of album one can play over and over again and not tier of

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Blend., 31 July 2013
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
The special blend or crossover they perform is amazing to sink into. Lady in Black, the Heep classic, is performed with respect and passion. As well as Ritcie's own Temple of the King ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 14 July 2013
Mr. G. E. Robertson "Bilko" (Selby. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
What can I say except that the man in black and his wifie have produced another fine album. Wasn't sure if I was going to like it but the more I listened the more I enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
As good as always.

4.0 out of 5 stars another good album by blackmores night, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
if you enjoy blackmores night , this will not disappoint , its a good album , if you have not heard blackmores night , have a listen ,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Different...and my wife says some songs would do Eurovision justice!!!! Not so. I think that the mediaeval and modern fusion works well, particularly when Blackmore plays his acoustic guitar so sublimely. One of the tracks was said to be written by Richard III and it was spooky that I was reading a book about him when I received the album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›