5.0 out of 5 stars Still growing
On first listen we really liked the whole album, but as we have listened more and more 1 gem after another have emerged and planted themselves solidly in our favourites list. "Sugar" is an absolute belter of a song!!
Published 15 months ago by Southerndan

2.0 out of 5 stars No Chris Urbanowicz no Editors.
Without the incandescent guitar sound of Chris Urbanowicz Editors are just another average modern English band. Sorry to point this out Mr Tom Smith but that's the size of it.
Published 6 months ago by Pale Face

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Still growing, 12 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Editors on chief., 3 Sep 2013
Mr. David J. Garrett "dizzy" (uk, sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Weight Of Your Love (Audio CD)
A slow burner, that gradually takes you over with love. The edge remains but is added to by self depreciating humour and real emotion and rawness. Please don't listen to the detractors just buy and repeat play until you realise how much you adore it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily their best album, 2 Mar 2014
I wasn't sure what route this band were going to take after In This Light & On This Evening, but what a follow up. Some absolutely brilliant tracks on this one and the rest of the material does not let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Weight Of Your Love (Audio CD)
One of those albums that just gets better with each listen and you never grow tired of! This album has a more pop feel that The Editors usual fayre but highlights their versatility and musicianship. Favourite tracks: What is this Thing Called Love (how does a baritone voice get that high??!!), Phone Book ("Sing me a love song, from your heart or from the phone book') and the 'rocky' Sugar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb 4th Album, 14 Nov 2013
N. SHARLAND - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Weight Of Your Love (Audio CD)
I read several reviews before buying this album and have to disagree with what most say about it. The truth is Editors are by and large no longer 'a cool band' and I think the reviews reflect that. However, on first listen I thought the band were experimenting with a newish sound and pace. If i'm honest this album was a slow burner for me but having listened intently I believe this album is littered with class. I may be biased in that I saw them live last night and was truly blown away by how good an act they are. All songs sung off this album were right up there in terms of their quality and how they matched previous big hitters like Racing Rats or Papillon for example is testament to how the sound has progressed. All in all the album is superb in its own right.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Chris Urbanowicz no Editors., 19 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Weight Of Your Love (Audio CD)
This is such a wonderfully crafted album. Each song is quite different from the last fantastic in its own way.

(And the cover is gorgeous.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I've heard in years, 10 Jan 2014
Stumbled across this band by accident. So glad I did. Not a duff track on this album. I would be pushed to give a favourite track, but Sugar possibly gets the vote. After hearing the album I went to see them live in Brighton. Full of energy from start to finish, musically spot on and up there with my all time favourite gigs. Can't wait to buy their back catalogue

5.0 out of 5 stars They are back!, 6 Jan 2014
Sam The Man (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Weight Of Your Love (Audio CD)
I bought this when it was first released and gave it a little listen but didnt follow it. I have just come back to the album in my library and I didnt realise how good it is! Some of the tracks have a bit more emotion in them then previous albums A few "slower" "downtempo" songs are feature don this album, which are done very well. I could almost compare it to the White Lies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classis Editors. Great album., 6 Dec 2013
Mr. Neil Taylor (uk) - See all my reviews
Probably one for the fans, which includes me, so I love it!
But need to be seen live to fully appreciate how these tracks can sound.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Weight Of Your Love
The Weight Of Your Love by Editors (Audio CD - 2013)