4.0 out of 5 stars Great Alarm Clock!
Ok, some of the negative reviews of this are pretty old so perhaps the product specs or the quality control has improved but some of the comments are very misleading. I have the Kitsound Boomdock which is a fantastic piece of kit so decided to buy one of these.

Published 5 months ago by M. Briggs

3.0 out of 5 stars It does however have two alarm settings and a sleep function if you want to fall asleep to your favourite music (not the radio i
I think that it is a case of "you get what you pay for". It is a functional unit with some limitations. As stated in other reviews you cannot charge your phone in the dock if it has a cover on it. Also the radio reception is awful, unless you actually hold the ariel cable in the air!. It does however have two alarm settings and a sleep function if you want to...
Published 8 months ago by CS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Alarm Clock!, 11 Jan. 2015
M. Briggs "Shutter Nutter" (Garden of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitSound XDOCK2 Clock Radio Dock with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5, iPod Nano 7th Generation and iPod Touch 5th Generation - Black (Electronics)

Firstly this is a small and sleek ALARM CLOCK! It's never going to have top hi-fi sound but for the size it is pretty reasonable. For some background music or radio in the bedroom as you wake up it's more than comparable with any alarm clock. The volume level is perfectly acceptable and nothing like listening via the phone's speakers.

I have an iPhone 6 and it fits this perfectly. It doesn't state that it is compatible with the 6+ so don't buy it for that as it won't fit. The fit is snug without a case but I see this as a good thing - I wouldn't want the phone wobbling around.

It does NOT automatically start playing as soon as you dock the phone.

When you put the unit in Standby mode the clock brightness dims to an almost perfect level. It's still fine to look at to see the time even with the room lights on but is dim enough so that it is not at all distracting when going to sleep.

I love the way the clock is automatically synced with the iPhone's clock so you know the clock will be very accurate.

I have only given it 4 stars for two reasons. The build quality doesn't feel quite as good as it could be but as it will sit on the bedside table this shouldn't be a problem. I also agree that it is not the most intuitive operation and the manual is fairly poor.

In the questions section on here lots of people are asking whether it works with different versions of iPhones & iPods - short answer is it will work with pretty much all except the 6+ Just make sure you chose the either 30 pin or lightning connection when placing your order (there are the two options at the top of the product screen).

So if you want Bose sound quality buy a Bose. If you want a great alarm clock that charges your iPhone for a reasonable amount of money then buy one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Feb. 2014
Excellent clock / docking station.

I was worried it would be to big but it's actually very compact and holds my iphone 5s very securely to charge at night.

The speakers a pretty good aswell. Its super easy to set up . All you need to do is stick your iPod in it and it sets the time itself from it. And an important thing for me is that the clock face dosnt shine to bright and keeps my room dark.

Had around a month now with no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC - Get more for your money!!!, 5 July 2013
If you had been sitting next to me last friday, you would have seen me opening the package of my new KitSound XDOCK Clock Radio Dock for my iPhone 5. I was positively surprised when I hold the speakers in my hands. Great alarm clock, easy to set and use and would recommend it to anyone who has trouble in getting up in the morning. It is highly portable and is great for hearing all the music of your iPod/iPhone. Excellent sound quality and volume level is perfectly adjusted. Great little device, which is quite handy for travelling. This is an excellent product with a good FM radio. The buttons are very easy to press and the docking port delivers good secure fit. Given the money that I've spent in docking stations I can say this is the choice for everyone who want to receive more value for their money.

Overall a great clock radio dock in a smart matt black finish with an amazing sound punch.

If anyone's reading this because they can't decide on a clock radio docking station to get, just get this one. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 17 Sept. 2013
Although this looks small, the sound quality is very good. It is a very good buy at an excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It surpasses expectations, 18 July 2013
The best bang for your buck speaker dock out there. And it sure does make a bang (but in a good way) The sound quality is perfect. I was primarily looking for an alarm clock which would play my music but now I find myself using this dock to play my tunes all the time. When I'm at home my phone rarely leaves the docking station.

I absolutely love the 2 alarms setting, this means on weekdays I'm up early and ready for work but on the weekend I can set a second alarm to give me a couple of hours extra sleep.

Ultimately It does exactly what is require of a clock radio speaker dock but at the same time it has surpassed my expectation with great sound and many extra features
it's so easy to set up, simply place your phone in the dock and it automatically picks up the same time as your phone.

The radio Is great and picks up a good signal. Auto tune has no problem picking up every radio station and if like me you have a couple of stations you like to flick between you can save up to 10 presets into its memory.

The minimalistic and compact design fits neatly on my bedside. The buttons are clearly laid out and the display is easy to read.

I always wake up with a full battery in the morning and as far as I can tell it matches the charge speed of my iPhone 5 charger which come with my phone.
I could not rate this product highly enough, it does so much more than what I was expecting and the price point is exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant alarm clock/docking station combo!!, 25 May 2014
I love this alarm clock, it looks awesome on my bed side table. The light is not too bright, unlike some which act as a lighthouse during the night. There is the option to make it brighter though which is helpful. The alarm function is good, its loud enough to wake me and im quite a heavy sleeper. I mostly use this for the docking function for playing music. Sound quality is great, i listen to heavy rock/metal and it copes fine with alot of bass. As soon as you dock your iPhone to the clock, it syncs the time automatically so no more annoying setting the time (great when you have a power cut and want to set the time in seconds)! Overall, a great purchase for the price paid. Delivery was prompt as always with amazon.co.uk, i am very pleased over all and would highly reccomend this to anyone looking for a docking alarm clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bedside Clock, 26 Mar. 2014
Laurence Wright "Uzi9cm" (Sible Hedingham, Essex) - See all my reviews
The good reviews on this dock together with the price really caught my eye.

Very obvious how to set the time, luckily as there was no instructions.
I use the alarm on the phone, and so avoid loud alarm rings from the dock.
I've read from other reviews that the phone begins playing music when you plug it in. This doesnt happen to me, i can only assume people arnt pushing the phone onto the charging point fully and in one motion??

Honestly can not fault this unit. Im very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars V Good!!!, 31 Jan. 2014
Mr. D. J. Brown "Dean-B" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing value to say how much Apple charge or a simple lightning cable. Ignore the idiots who give the Kitsound low marks for the quality of the speaker .... It's less than £40 !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Jan. 2014
Perfect for our requirements predominantly as alarm clock, neat and compact. However, lovely sound quality (aerial MUST be expanded for the radio option) an easy to use

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 26 Jan. 2014
I bought this item as a christmas present and so far I have only heard good reports about the product.