5.0 out of 5 stars Aynsley's best album yet!!!!
Brilliant album, good range of songs. Free is a definite favourite, but the whole album is incredible. If you like Aynsley's music, there is no doubt you will love this. If you have not listened to his music before, I would recommend you try it.

Published 24 months ago by Bluebell369

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, laid back album
I've seen Aynsley Lister play live many times and he's truly amazing. I also agree with some of the other reviewers that it's unbelievable that he isn't better known. Perhaps that goes with the territory; being a blues artist and all that.

This album is good; his voice is as good as ever and his guitar playing just gets better and better, so my only criticism...
Published 24 months ago by B. James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Aynsley's best album yet!!!!, 8 July 2013
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)

I got my album at a gig a couple of months ago and have listened to it A LOT. It is one of the best CDs in my collection, by far. If you are even considering this album, I would just say BUY, BUY, BUY!!! And if you get the chance to see him live, then do so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aynsley Lister bringing it all HOME, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
For those like me who grew up listening to Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jeff Beck and Paul Kossof during the sixties and seventies Brit Blues Rock boom you may have been wondering when we'd hear the likes again. Thankfully there's a generation of new bands that appreciate the music of my generation's youth. No Aynsley is no Peter Green of the sixties or seventies as one reviewer noted (sadly neither is Peter these days), but there are times when Aynsley's melodic guitar work comes very close.
Lyrically Aynsley has room to develop, but songs like "Free" take on the difficult subject of physical demise and death with maturity and grace - and with outstanding dramatic guitar work. So in summary, for me there's eight out of twelve great numbers on this album, which cover a variety of blues rock styles and tempo. And I am very pleased to see the UK's growing number of young blues players receive the recognition they deserve. In that I include Aynsley Lister, Matt Schofield, Olly Brown, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Virgil and the Accelerators, Chantel McGregor and Danny Bryant. If you love the blues make sure you see these acts live. No it's not the sixties blues boom all over again...........times have moved on.......but great all the same and HOME based.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best so far, 25 July 2013
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
Fantastic album, I am enjoying it so much I'm booked to see Aynsley Lister at the Half Moon Pub on September 6th
2013.
Can't wait...........

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from the excellent Mr Lister, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Home (MP3 Download)
All the tracks are good. Aynsley and the band are excellent. It is amazing to me that Aynsley is still little known when he is so damn good. Try this album and see what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "HOME" run, up there with the best!, 4 May 2015
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
Aynsley and a fantastic band came north to Scotland.... A little place called Thornhill and played as part of the Thornhill Blues Festival.
In truth a semi surreal gig in the Bowling Club to maybe about a 100 people and this after travelling hundreds of miles to get there.
Well, he played with his heart, soul and humour. No "going through the motions".
This was the real deal!
Showcased the album "Home". I bought it, Equilibrium and Tower Sessions.
All would grace any collection, Home is a fabulous album and Aynsley a fabulous talent. He should really be a super star or revered "rock God"
The sound, tone,timing.... Being there was so good it was almost emotional.
BUY THIS ALBUM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album - not just for guitar nuts, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
Underated genius at work! Aynsley is a super talented guitarist who also has a knack of writing brilliant anthemic songs. He may possibly have started out as a blues player, but has developed way beyond that. As a guitarist myself I appreciate his playing skills which are truly excellent. I recently introduced a guitarist friend of mine to his playing at a gig at The Farnham Maltings. He pretty much stood there transfixed for the whole evening! Do go and see him if you get the chance - you won't regret it! 'Home' is a great album - maybe the most well rounded, but all the others are great, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far!, 8 July 2013
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
HOMEThis album is by far the best one so far by Aynsley Lister and this is no mean fete, the title track 'Home' is excellent clean classic blues number and sets the standard for the rest of this offering. There is a lot on this piece of work, 'Sugar' explores the honky tonk side of the genre the track 'Insatiable' is excellent. There is a very good cover of the standard 'Feeling Good' bringing what I would describe as a heavy blues aspect to this classic well covered song. If you have not bought an Aynsley Lister album before it would be a great place to start! As an aside this is the first time I have used the Amazon Cloud Player, what a wonderful piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aynsley Lister album Home 5 stars., 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
Well I only descovered Aynsley Lister about a month ago hearing the title track home on the Paul Jones blues show. And stopped my car and ordered the album straight away. When the album arrived it was played and what a talent this guy has. Aynsley is as good a guitar player as all the best about today . I went to see him with his talented band only last weekend and even better live than I expected. Will buy all his other albums now. Also a very talented song writer too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 27 April 2015
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
I wish I had heard of Aynsley Lister earlier. After seeing him for the first time a few weeks back I ordered this album as I was very impressed. I feel I've got my money's worth because there isn't a single song on the album that I dislike. He's an underrated artist. If you like blues/rock you won't be disappointed with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait !, 30 July 2013
Charles Walter Scott (Kendal, Cumbria United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HOME (Audio CD)
A change in style when compared to Equilibrium but a wonderful surprise and has been on random repeat in my car
Since purchase last Friday since I can't decide which is the best track. Home,Broke,inside Out and a delightful version
Of Feeling Good are right up there. Any ideas on who the Straight Talkin Woman might be ?
Don't hesitate just buy this album whilst stocks last !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

HOME
HOME by Aynsley Lister (Audio CD - 2013)