Format: DVD|Change

on 11 November 2014
O.M.G.....What a pile of poo... The cover and disc packaging are way better than the product, which seems to be a clever marketing ploy employed by many `Low Budget` movies, cos lets face it, once you have been tricked into buying the thing you are stuck with it and they have your money. I cannot for the life of me understand how any sane human being can watch this heap of tosh and then actually go to the bother of writing a five star review. I begrudge the one star I have no choice but to give the thing. I can only hope that by contributing my little bit of discouragement I will save some poor unfortunate from being conned out of their cash. Even if this was being given away for free it would still be a con. Total Unadulterated codswallop.
on 11 October 2015
Surreal in some ways, this is an unusual and absorbing film. Taking place in a remote, arctic outpost where the world has taken a very different turn, we appear to be in the mid 1950s and a war has been raging for many years. Two career army officers and an unwilling conscript have been based in this inhospitable environment for a number of years (two in the case of the conscript). They see no one but each other and their major occupation is listening for radar signals from the enemy. But outside, odd things have been happening. As he is hunting for their dinner, the commanding officer shoots a hare. It explodes, as if someone has rigged it with a bomb of some kind. Then the madness begins and neither the men nor us, the viewer, can really tell what is real and what is insanity. There is more than a nod here to Cronenberg and Lynch but this is a highly original film in its own right and one I shall keep to watch again later. I suspect this is a cult film in the making.
on 29 June 2014
I loved the claustrophobia and paranoia in this film!

The premise is very simple: three soldiers are tasked with guarding an isolated outpost in anticipation of, what seems to be a World War. Amidst the loneliness of their surroundings, the endless wait for instructions and the mind-numbingly mundane daily tasks they have to perform, all three struggle to keep their sanity. Not all succeed.

There are steampunk elements in the timeline and the various contraptions around the outpost and the snowy location adds to the creepiness of the film. Looking around, one can easily imagine feeling like the only person left in the world.

The best part of the film, though, is the excellent performances by the actors. The descent into madness is clear and believable.

This is a wonderfully strange film and I recommend it to anyone in the mood for something different!
on 27 November 2015
Kind of weird, Set in the future a cold war stale mate one side trying to get the upper hand with a twist in the story with the other side coming up with a weapon to win. They are told to be on their guard.
on 30 June 2014
ex value,ex product ex service
on 24 June 2015
Don't bother with this, bad acting, story not well thought about.Threw my dvd in the bin where it belonged.
on 28 October 2015
Not as bad as half the reviews make it out to be. If you have a good understanding of the horror genre, you will at least appreciate what the director was trying to achieve (even if you don't think the film offers much in the way of actual entertainment).

Lot's of uncomfortable tense scenes and weird characters that are fun to watch.

Give it a go if you like different and interesting sci-fi horror.
on 7 October 2013
I think what is important to remember with this film is it was made with a very low budget, and what Anthony woodley has done with that budget is good, I personally found the film slow to get going, but once you get into it you soon realize it's something a bit different to what is out there at the moment. Reminded me a lot of some of the early films that played on mind games, gets one thinking in your head and not blasting your eyes with CGI. I think we will see a lot more of Luke Healey and Joshua Mayes-Cooper, Billy Clarke's role in the film could have been written by "Hitchcock" You really wouldn't want to turn around in your front room and find him sat next to you!
on 1 August 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect from this British Low Budget Horror.The sets are limited and the Cast numbers just Three,but what you get is a Very eerie and Atmospheric piece that is as much about Three men going stir Crazy while stuck on an ice base as it is about the horror from outside that is slowly affecting them mentally as well as physically.A Little Gem.
on 28 September 2013
I was a bit unsure about watching this - soldiers in an isolated outpost, arctic spiders, madness and paranoia - it didn't really sound to be my cup of tea, but I really, really enjoyed it. The film held my attention all the way through; it was weirdly wonderful, and no, I didn't really 'get it', but that didn't really matter. It was extremely well acted and I thought the sets and make-up fantastic. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I would definitely recommend it. If you have any reservations, all I can say is - try it, you might like it!!