5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and different
I loved the claustrophobia and paranoia in this film!

Published 1 month ago by Kitty

1.0 out of 5 stars this is one of the worst movies you will ever watch
be warned, this is one of the worst movies you will ever watch.
ignore the promotional blurb, which makes it sound moderately intriguing, this is nothing like the actual movie.
Published 7 days ago by Jeffrey Cottis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and different, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the claustrophobia and paranoia in this film!

The premise is very simple: three soldiers are tasked with guarding an isolated outpost in anticipation of, what seems to be a World War. Amidst the loneliness of their surroundings, the endless wait for instructions and the mind-numbingly mundane daily tasks they have to perform, all three struggle to keep their sanity. Not all succeed.

There are steampunk elements in the timeline and the various contraptions around the outpost and the snowy location adds to the creepiness of the film. Looking around, one can easily imagine feeling like the only person left in the world.

The best part of the film, though, is the excellent performances by the actors. The descent into madness is clear and believable.

This is a wonderfully strange film and I recommend it to anyone in the mood for something different!

1.0 out of 5 stars this is one of the worst movies you will ever watch, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 (Blu-ray)
be warned, this is one of the worst movies you will ever watch.
if you can get past the crazy, masturbating, corporal, and the deadly music you will quickly be worn down by the lumbering pace, and the fact that when ,very occasionally, something happens, it turns out to be nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterclass in Paranoia, 16 Aug 2013
D. Martin (Lincoln / Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
Outpost 11 sets itself within a fictional war, and a group of three men based in a remote outpost are stranded from any reliable communication. What spins off from there is a tale of deceit, paranoia and the sort of science fiction that the UK doesn't really do anymore. It reminded somewhat of Quatermass, with a few touches of The Thing. Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
ex value,ex product ex service

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 (Blu-ray)
Oh dear ....

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected triumph, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
I was a bit unsure about watching this - soldiers in an isolated outpost, arctic spiders, madness and paranoia - it didn't really sound to be my cup of tea, but I really, really enjoyed it. The film held my attention all the way through; it was weirdly wonderful, and no, I didn't really 'get it', but that didn't really matter. It was extremely well acted and I thought the sets and make-up fantastic. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I would definitely recommend it. If you have any reservations, all I can say is - try it, you might like it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting watch, 26 Jan 2014
M. Brookes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (Blu-ray)
The blurb for this looked interesting so despite the bad reviews I 'd read I thought I'd give it a chance and I'm glad I did. Don't get me wrong this film won't set the world alight, but it has an interesting premise and while it doesn't quite deliver it does do enough to provide an entertaining watch.

Outpost 11 is set in an alternate history where steam power still rules the world and Britain and Prussia are fighting the second 100 years war. The war is global and in an isolated base deep in the arctic circle three British soldiers are monitoring Prussian radio communications. There's a mysterious power core on the base and strange events start to put a strain on the three soldiers.

The biggest problem with the film is the production level, it lacks polish. The three actors do a reasonable job with their roles and their descent into madness comes across well. The lack of budget is very evident and while it doesn't prevent the film from telling its story, it does prevent it from really shining. In many ways it feels more like a play than a film with the intimate setting and character led development.

All in all I enjoyed it, it didn't realise its potential but it did enough to keep me watching and overall it did have some interesting ideas and some excellent moments (like the spider alliance).

3.0 out of 5 stars Something different!, 7 Oct 2013
P. L. Moore (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
I think what is important to remember with this film is it was made with a very low budget, and what Anthony woodley has done with that budget is good, I personally found the film slow to get going, but once you get into it you soon realize it's something a bit different to what is out there at the moment. Reminded me a lot of some of the early films that played on mind games, gets one thinking in your head and not blasting your eyes with CGI. I think we will see a lot more of Luke Healey and Joshua Mayes-Cooper, Billy Clarke's role in the film could have been written by "Hitchcock" You really wouldn't want to turn around in your front room and find him sat next to you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 (DVD)
I'm not sure where the plotline was intended to go but I'm fairly sure it wasn't the meandering cul de sac that it ended up in. Looking at other reviews I can see that opinion on this film is sharply divided between those that found it deep and meaningful and others like myself who thought it pretentious tosh. Each to our own opinion and thoughts I guess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and rubbish!!!, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Outpost 11 [DVD] (DVD)
What a pile of garbage. Bad acting, bad writing, bad directing, awful CGI and boring. I was gutted I wasted over an hour on it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Outpost 11 [DVD]
Outpost 11 [DVD] by Anthony Woodley (DVD - 2013)
4.89