5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Best Buys
Published 7 months ago by Chiaroscuro

3.0 out of 5 stars After a weeks use
Published 10 months ago by John Hickey

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Best Buys, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: KAOS PDR1 Personal Stereo Digital DAB/DAB+/FM Radio Recorder (Electronics)
By today's snazzy standards this is quite a basic machine when it comes to playback and - as another reviewer has said - the ability to fast forward would improve things*. However, the main reason I wanted this machine was because of its ability to record radio programmes and this it does admirably. I can record my favourite shows and listen to them whenever I like - plus I can keep them for as long as I want. The battery life is fine for my needs though I'm not sure it's quite as long as stated in the product description - I charge it about 3 times a week and use it to record around 18 hours of radio a week and of course use it to play back recordings too. It's true what other reviewers say about the buttons being easy to accidentally press, the machine has switched itself on a couple of times when it's been in my handbag but I've had no problems with it in my coat pocket. All in all I'm really pleased with it, the reception is very good and it's very straightforward to use. *I have also found a piece of software which converts the recorded files from their MP2 format into MP3s which enables me to listen to recordings on my mobile phone and use the fast forward function on this - where there's a will there's a way!

but I've found a way around that with a piece of software that converts the files I record into MP3s which I can then play on my mobile. It's a very straightforward machine to understand and I'm really pleased with i

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaos PDR1 DAB Recordable Handheld Radio, 31 July 2013
This radio really needs to be seen to be believed. It is such a versatile device. Of course it receives all the DAB stations, with great audio quality, but you can also record onto a micro SD card, both DAB and FM. Once you have made a recording, you can listen to it on the radio, or you can plug the radio into your computer and drag the files onto it, and save them. it also plays back your music files, so you can drag them onto the radio, or plug a memory card in from your phone, and use it to play your music. It is nicely packaged, comes with good quality earphones and a USB cable, so I would definitely recommend it. Kaos PDR1 Pocket Recordable Radio: DAB, DAB+, FM, Micro SD Card Slot

5.0 out of 5 stars A DAB radio,recorder and converts the car radio as well ! Great value., 13 Sep 2013
The item was received by the return of post,well packaged and as described.Having used the radio now for some three weeks or so I am delighted with it's performance.My area of Cornwall is not known for having the best radio reception but this little beauty brings home the bacon in spades ! Not only can I listen to 'Round The Horne' but I can record them as well ! The biggest bonus is that with a lead from the Auxiliary socket it converts the car radio to DAB.How good is that ? Super value for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 20 Jan 2014
I bought this for my husband for Christmas but had to return it as the machine was faulty.In MP3 mode it froze several times and would turn on if it was in a pocket.

3.0 out of 5 stars After a weeks use, 28 Aug 2013
Have used the radio for a week now. Lack of a "hold button" is VERY frustrating. Radio turns on easily and runs the battery down, hence - unless your vigilant - you have little battery life when actually wanting to use it. The unit has cleared all my preset stations, stopped DAB radio recordings and reset itself, all by turning it self on in my pocket ( pressing the select button, which turns the radio on/off, also pausses recording. M button cancels recording and also it easy to accidentally operate) . There is no protective case, I know of, that would prevent the unit turning on or to protect it, nor could I find any type of case that may prevent the unit turning on when not required.
Not much else available on the market at present, but for the lack of the hold button it's ok

1.0 out of 5 stars It works, but not worth the money!, 10 Aug 2013
Purchased this looking for a portable DAB radio particularly for Sports Extra, with the ability to play MP3's. I was convinced by the reviews, and this is the first time they have let me down.
The product arrived quickly as ever, but its poor. battery life is non existent, recharge is by USB to the computer - but the radio is on? The casing is cheap and plastic, but worst of all there is no option to disable the control buttons whilst the product is in your pocket!
On the plus side it is very easy to use, the menus are simple and easily readable, but its not worth 50+. There must be better than this out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, 4 May 2013
Small, light easy to use and good sound. I haven't found anything to fault it really. Not tried the record feature. Battery life seems good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kaos PDR1 Pocket DAB radio, 11 Sep 2013
This product has two major problems
i There is no ability to securely switch the radio off . It constantly switches on while in a pocket
2 The stated battery life is vastly exaggerated

Perhaps they should employ a half decent product design team in future

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, 15 Mar 2014
this radio is cheeper than others on the market but it is still not worth the money its sound quality was poor it went wrong after about a month stay away from this product

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible MP3, 5 Feb 2014
My husband bought me this little radio for Christmas and I was so pleased with it. However I put music on a card so that I could use the MP3 facility and although I could play the music it didn't last very long before it got stuck!! The only way to reset it is to get some small ( I used a undone paperclip) and to press the re-set button. This is not very convenient as the whole idea of me having this is to use for travelling and put on at night when I cannot sleep. All in all the radio is great but the the MP3 is terrible.