5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book
I loved this book, I had read first two books in trilogy, and just wanted to continue on to number 3.
To get the best from these books you really should read the 3 of them, as they are all about the same family and how their lives have progressed and evolved from a tragic accident which occurred in book 1.
Real page turner from start to finish.Loved it.
Published 11 months ago by P. Murray

1.0 out of 5 stars so disappointing
I disliked this book, very disappointing as I had enjoyed Confessions Of a Midwife. I found the writing style formulaic, the characters and dialogue full of clichés. Don't feel inclined to read any more by this author.
Published 11 months ago by Patrizio

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 31 Aug 2013
P. Murray "Irish Pat" (nth Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Her Mother's Shadow (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Real page turner from start to finish.Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her mothers shadow, 26 May 2013
Last in a trilogy of Kiss River stories.another gripping and exciting story from Diane Chamberlain. Touches on raw spots and brings home an arresting message. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate storytelling, 17 Nov 2013
Aurora (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Another excellent book from Diane Chamberlain. Although described as the last in a trilogy, but I would just suggest it as the latest in a series, as I can see an obvious opportunity for at least one further book if the author so wishes. I do hope she does as her storytelling skills are first rate. In this book we see further development of the characters we have followed since their childhood. Lacey has matured into a well rounded, woman despite the pain she has endured since witnessing the shocking events which robbed her of her mother. She has had to come to terms with the fact that her mother wasn't the perfect person of her memories, and she has struggled with her fears that perhaps she was made in the same mould. She fears that she could hurt people in the same way that she believes her mother did, but who is she to judge? Perhaps the people she believes were most hurt by her mother don't see it in the same way. Now Lacey has to pick up the pieces from another death and try to help another child to come to terms with the loss of a beloved mother. In the meantime, she is faced with the possibility that the man who killed her own mother may get parole - but it appears that she is the key person in that decision. She is struggling to make sense of her muddled feelings about her mother whilst trying to write a statement for the parole board. How she deals with that is another twist.
Diane Chamberlain's books are great stories, they also invariably contain a challenge and are never dull. I always lose myself in the story she weaves and would wholeheartedly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last title in Kiss River trilogy, 29 Dec 2011
My favourite of the three books in this group, amazing detail and storyline. I just love all the characters n this book. Would love Diane to revisit and create a ' ten years later' story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner!, 17 Feb 2014
I read the trilogy one after the other and though I went through a point in the second book where I got a bit fed up, I am so glad I persevered. This third book as with the first is a page turner, I could not put it down with twist after twist. I would strongly recommend this trilogy and can't wait to start my next Diane Chamberlain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Sep 2013
This was a good second read. Having read the first book I had a feel for the characters. Wasnt sure about Lacey at first but grew to like her, she done the right thing in the end and everything turned out fine. She had issues which we learnt about but I think everything she has gone through as a child and as an adult have made her a stronger person. She learns the truth about her mum and is determined to be different. Probably for the best!

1.0 out of 5 stars so disappointing, 23 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This trilogy ! The 'read' of a lifetime !, 27 Jun 2014
Book 1 The keeper of the light.
Book 2 Kiss river
Book 3 Her mothers shadow

The trilogy starts and ends with Annie O'Neill The reader learns the impact that 'Saint Annie' has on the community of kiss river. Annie is ordinary and extraordinary, she is a saint and a sinner. However the 'constant' in these page turning, breathtaking novels is the Kiss River lighthouse. The light house has stood since the 18 hundreds, silently observing the lives, the loves, the deaths of the generations of families. The lighthouse has braved the elements, been on the edge of destruction, there have been fights to save it, it has been loved and hated. Some parts are destroyed, some parts lovingly rescued, but just like all the families involved it still stands. It stands, testament to the strengths that lie within it, broken and battered but ultimately loved. Just like the memories of Annie, Mary Poor, Elizabeth and Lacey. The books MUST be read in order to fully appreciate them, although each book has its own stand alone story. COMPELLING !

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 May 2013
A. Gull - See all my reviews
The book came through to my kindle on the 22nd May 2013 and it is now finished! Couldn't put it down. Outstanding final book that answers many questions raised by the previous two books. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 1 Feb 2011
Great book.......hard to put down, always an underlying twist in the narrative. Excellent author, haven't found one of her books that I dislike