5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Steam Mop!!!
I bought this as my previous (expensive) steam mop broke and this is much much better than my expensive one. There is no messing about attaching cloths and bits and bobs to it, the pads attach by velcro and they stick! I have washed my cloths and they come clean every time.

This product is well worth the money and highly recommended!
Published on 6 Mar. 2012 by KeznPopey

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't understand the great reviews :-(
I'm afraid I really can't understand the rave reviews for this mop. It's performance has been relatively poor. It constantly leaks water & the steam is very low level.
Published 11 months ago by u7c86

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Steam Mop!!!, 6 Mar. 2012

This product is well worth the money and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, slim,cheap little steam mop., 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Abode Steam Mop, 450ml, 900 Watt, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I have a laminate floor, a dog who like's going in water and mud and a dirty floor!
After hoovering up, i would normally use a manual sponge mop with a spray cleaning detergent. I was happy with the result but at the back of my mind never quite convinced that the floor was very hygenic.
I wanted a steam mop as I think this is a much better and more hygenic way of cleaning.
It was helpful to read other reviews about the different models on the market, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on a steam mop before trying it for the first time, so I ordered this brand.
It arrived quickly and well boxed, I did read the set up instructions and advise others to, but it was quick and easy with no tools required.
I have three hard floors to clean, the Lounge(laminate) kitchen(vinyl) and hall (tiled), so quite a big area.
The water reservoir was easy fillable by the pouring jug supplied.
I was suprised that the water tank completed all the floors with just one tank.
The results i must say was brilliant.
As long as you use as specified it works as well as the more expensive mops on the market, but you will see for the price you pay for what you get, I would agree with other reviews of this product that the handle is a bit flimsy but as long as you dont go to heavy and allow the steam to do the work, it is fine.
Also I would agree that the mains electrical cable is a little on the short side but not too much of a problem.
I also purchased more washable replacement cleaning pads (5 in a pack £2.99) and they were the same as the original one's so no problem with getting spares.
I have yet to use it on any carpets so cannot comment, but only bought it for the hard floors.
I would recommend this product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars best mop ever, 13 Mar. 2012
amazing and quick best mop ever and easy to use well worth the purchase would defo recomend and one of the cheepest around but great quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband sceptical – now a believer, 6 Jan. 2015
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Abode Steam Mop, 450ml, 900 Watt, Black (Kitchen & Home)
***UPDATE 24 Mar 2015: still completely over the moon with this steam mop. I use it twice a day for kitchen and bathroom, and once a week to freshen the carpets.

It took my husband’s strength to fully seat the handle and head, and pushing this mop wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be until the pad was thoroughly saturated with steam - then it moved easily over the floors. It’s not a flimsy feeling as I thought it might be, either, but not so heavy I feel I’ve had a hard work-out after using it.

The instruction book probably could have been worded better for clarity but I’d watched the videos at productcareukDOTcom (maker’s website) so assembly was simple, and use easy. If yours leaks, doesn’t steam, or doesn’t clean, it’s because you need to check for transit damage before the first use, then always follow the instructions: make sure you’re closing the steam knob before refilling then waiting the full sixty seconds before turning the steam knob to open and tilting the mop handle down to mopping position, being sure the mop is connected to a functioning power point, and being sure the pad is properly affixed and is clean – fresh pad for every floor ensures satisfactory performance. Between the videos and the instruction booklet, I know I’m going to have a lot of satisfaction from this purchase.

The key to using this is to remember it’s a steam mop – let it do the work for you!

No need to bear down heavily on the two-part handle – and storage is recommended by the maker to be done leaving the mop assembled and hanging from the handle loop. The maker also recommends using distilled water, and regularly running a 1-1 ratio vinegar-water solution through to maintain performance. Emptying the mop if water is left in the tank is a no-brainer too - simply upend it (let it cool first!) over the bathtub or shower floor.

Mine arrived in the morning post and I’ve been happily cleaning with it all day – cushion vinyl floor in kitchen and bath are cleaner than I ever got them with a mop and the carpets and rugs are brighter and fresher now, too! My husband, dubious about the purchase, became a full-on steam mop fan after he saw how much grime this took off the kitchen floor – the kitchen floor I ‘pre-cleaned’ with traditional mop and bucket filled with detergent (which then wanted two rinses to finish, btw. Meh!). He was genuinely shocked to see how dirty the steam mop pad was after I was finished with the kitchen floor, and happily surprised with the results from replacing the pad with a fresh one and doing the hall carpeting.

Saying I'm glad I bought this doesn't come close to expressing how great a product this is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't understand the great reviews :-(, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Abode Steam Mop, 450ml, 900 Watt, Black (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't be buying a more expensive model as seen on TV!, 13 Mar. 2012
I have three cats and a dog so need to mop and dry my kitchen and hallway tiled floors daily. After seeing an advert on TV for a similar but much more expensive steam mop, I decided to buy this cheaper version so I could try one out first.

Quickly assembled and I didn't need to look at the instructions to see how to use it. Initially I didn't think the tank of water would be enough, but I need not have worried - Just under half was left when I'd finished.

For the first few strokes it didn't glide very smoothly but this must've been down to using a new pad because once it had had time to dampen there was no stopping me!

Tiles dried almost instantly (eliminating past fears of the dog slipping over and injuring himself) and there were no streaks.

I wasn't expecting tiles to be any cleaner than after a normal bucket mop but the pad was filthy! Very impressive considering I'd cleaned only the day before!

This product is well worth the money and highly recommended! I won't be buying the more expensive model as seen on TV because there's really no need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan Dabby Abode, 5 April 2012
Jackson (East of Arran) - See all my reviews
When making a purchase by mail you can't wait to get your item out of the box and try. You want to know if you have spent your money wisely and if the item works to your satisfaction. Well you can have no worries if you purchase this little gem. It is absolutely superb. It is easy to assemble, it has a long cable, it does not use any expensive chemicals, and it does an extremely good job of cleaning the floors which by the way are dry almost instantly. Getting below tables, chairs or into nooks and crannies are no match for the swivel headed mop. If you are interested in a first rate steam cleaner for your floors and carpets and you don't want to spend a lot then look no further.

4.0 out of 5 stars abode mop, 29 July 2013
amazing quality for the price leaves kitchen floor spotless and also steam cleans the carpet. overall very pleased hwith this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 10 April 2012
this steam mop is good value for money,light weight and easy to use with excellant results good bye mopping and chemicals steam cleaning is the way forward. quick delivery too

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my purchase, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Abode Steam Mop, 450ml, 900 Watt, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Very pleased with my purchase. I already have a steamer with attachments which is great when spring cleaning but is a nuisance to assemble for just cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floor. This steam mop is quick and easy to take out of the cupboard and is ready to use in minutes and does the job as well as my more expensive steamer.

Abode Steam Mop, 450ml, 900 Watt, Black