5.0 out of 5 stars HooToo® HT-UH005 Ultra Slim SuperSpeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
The hub is extremely small with excellent build-quality and furthermore is really portable and light weight. The hub also includes a power supply if needed. Regarding the cable length it is more than adequate. Overall a good product at a reasonable price.
Published 22 months ago by roywoodham

I initially loved this unit and bought a second one. That one was replaced but is no better. I figured out eventually that as a USB 3.0 hub, it is totally unreliable. I was told not to use it near a wireless mouse at all. It works fine as a USB 2.0 hub, but there are cheaper and better alternatives.

**** UPDATE ***

The HooToo people sent me...
Published 22 months ago by William Donelson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars HooToo® HT-UH005 Ultra Slim SuperSpeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub, 30 July 2013
This review is from: HooToo® HT-UH005 Superspeed Ultra Slim USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 5V 2A Power Adapter + 2.3 feet USB 3.0 Cable and Magic Velcro Stickers included [Latest VIA VL812 Chipset] Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 and Supporting Windows / Mac / Linux OS (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Hub ideal for people who travel for work, 3 Aug. 2014
Andy_F - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
What a great little hub, ideal for travel.

The hub came well packaged and in the box I found the hub, a 0.7 metre super speed USB cable, a 5 Volt 2 amp power supply, a Velcro sticky pad and the instruction manual.

The hub is really small 68 x 52 x 11 mm and had 4 ports, two on one side and two on the other.

I initially powered the unit up not using the power supply, on the top of the unit is a red power light, 4 small red LED's labelled 1-4 which light up when the corresponding port has been populated with a USB device and a HOOTOO USB 3.0 super speed Legend lit up in blue.

I think the blue legend adds a touch of class to the hub.

I attached a USB stick and Webcam with no problems.

I then tested this with my external hard drive, this time with the supplied power adaptor, and again there were not issues in the hub recognising the drive and allowing me to access its contents.

The power adaptor was a 3 pin UK type and the connector was a good fit in the hub.

I found the Hub speeds very fast on my work laptop which has USB 3.0 ports as opposed to my own Laptop having only USB 2.0, and read/write speeds to a 32Gb memory stick were very fast compared to the USB 2.0.

I also tested this with a Logitech Wireless Mouse, plugging the dongle directly into the HUB and this worked again with no issue, so in my case I had no problems using a 2.4 GHz device.

I also plugged in my wired keyboard, again the keyboard worked OK, so to date I have not found any devices that have been not recognised.

I cannot comment on Apple connectivity as I only have Windows PC's at home and work
I did not use the Velcro sticky pad, but have read some reviews where the back of the unit came off.

On the Amazon website they do say "Be careful when using the velcro or the bottom of case may pull off".

Perhaps HOOTOO will change the design to stop this.

Strangely, and in common with other USB 3.0 hubs I have used on my USB 2.0 laptop, if I disconnect the Hub from my laptop whilst the Laptop is on and then reconnect the devices attached are not recognised until I perform a reboot.

This is not the case with my USB 3.0 machine.

The hub cannot be used for charging devices.

The hub comes with a standard 12 month warranty and if you register the product this is extended to 18 months.

In summary, this HUB does what is says it does with no fuss, its diminutive size means it is ideal for travel, and will be one of the first items I pack in my laptop bag, when I travel.

Amazon only allow 5 stars, I am going to give this 4.8 rather than 5 due to the Velcro Issue, but as I said a great Hub for travellers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget!!, 4 Aug. 2014
Really small, neat looking gadget. Very lightweight and easily portable. Simple to use, just plug and play! The company have also included Velcro pads so I was able to securely stick it to the side of my desk!

Even though the manual states the hub is not designed to charge devices, it charged all of my gadgets at pretty reasonable speeds. I've tried the hub with all types of gadgets, my iPhone, iPad, mouse, web cam, camera and printer and not once had any connectivity issues. The hub also transferred data quickly and easily from one HDD to another.

The hub comes with it's own power source which is supposed to be used if high current devices are connected or if there are problems transferring data. I have never encountered any problems whilst using the hub and therefore have never had to use the power source.

This hub is the perfect gadget for multi tasking when USB points are in short supply...for the price, quality and good customer service this hub is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, reasonable price for a 3.0 hub, 6 Aug. 2013
I was having some trouble with my computer, after I set it up I found that 2 of my USB 2.0 ports on the back weren't working. This left me with 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 6 devices I wanted to connect (Mouse, Keyboard, Printer, Game Pad, and two External Drives (one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0). I had an old 2.0 hub, but it was a cheap one and didn't recognize some devices. This hub recognizes everything and is noticeably faster, particularly for the USB 3.0 external drive, but also for copying files to the USB 2.0 drive!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect USB 3.0 hub, 4 Aug. 2014
The hub came well packaged and the box contained:

- The hub
- A 0.7 meter super speed USB cable
- A 5 Volt 2 amp power supply
- A Velcro sticky pad
- The instruction manual.

The hub comes in at 68 x 52 x 11 mm and has 4 ports, two on each side.

The port works with and without the power cable. I tested this with the power cable with a memory stick and a web cam, I got no problems. I then tested it with the power cable with a external hard-drive and my M8.

The power adapter was a 3 pin UK type and the connector and fit perfectly in the hub.

As you would imagine on a 3.0 port the speeds are very stable and fast, on a 2.0 its still as stable, but the speed does vary.

This hub does exactly what it sets out to do, its small and perfectly formed body makes it look sleek and also great for travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and Versatile, 30 Aug. 2014
I was given a HooToo Superspeed Ultra Slim HT-UH005 USB 3.0 – 4-Port Travel Hub with Power Adapter to review.
I am just beginning to explore USB 3 devices so I was interested to try it out.
It arrived well packaged and has modern sleek appearance. It came supplied with a self adhesive Velcro strip to stop it sliding around a desk – which could be useful.
When plugged in the HooToo motif is illuminated which demonstrates that it is connected. There are also four small numbers which light up to indicate which ports are in use.
The plug in lead to a computer is more than adequate at over 60 cm. The external power supply is of the usual plug adapter with lead type.
I tried the hub with a Dell Precision Lap Top with 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3 ports and a Kingston USB 3 Data Traveler Flash Drive.
The Dell runs XP Professional – I plugged it in and it worked straight away after the usual recognition process.
The instruction leaflet provided was satisfactory, but the hub use is pretty intuitive anyway.
The leaflet noted possible difficulties with 2.4 GHz devices in close proximity with the hub – I can’t comment as I don’t have any such devices.
The Hub worked well and fast with a range of USB 2 & USB 3 Flash Drives plugged in at the same time. I did not use the Hub with multiple high power devices – such as hard drives, but the included external power supply should satisfy this requirement if needed.
I think it is a good compact device and should satisfy my future needs for connecting multiple USB 3 devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 2 Jan. 2014
Great neat little product, would recommend this to anyone. Apart from being USB 3 because you can fix it down with the Velcro strip it stops cables from floating around the desk top.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 port USB port, 23 Aug. 2014
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
NICE LOOKING
============
Looks smart and glossy. Not at all ugly.

USB 3
=====
Worked fine with my usb 3 devices. (quite a bit quicker than my usb 2 ports)

GOOD VALUE
==========
It works and is good value for the price. It also came with a handy sticker to attach it to your device. I attached to the back of a monitor which kept the work surface tidier.

RECOMMENDED
===========
Yep.

1.0 out of 5 stars Initially loved this unit, but it doesn't work reliablly for USB 3.0, 12 July 2013

**** UPDATE ***

The HooToo people sent me free-of-charge a new 7 port USB 3 hub. HOWEVER, the unit is in a plastic UNSHIELDED housing. DO NOT BUY plastic USB 3 hubs. -- Intel's OWN report here -- [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for about a month, 10 Feb. 2014
Worked great for about a month but the power supply failed rendering it useless.

The other issue I had was the top logo lights up very very bright blue. It almost lights up the room when it's dark

UPDATE:

A replacement upgraded item was sent out. Excellent customer service and I would recommend to deal with again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›