Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Includes Real Tone cable|Change

on 27 February 2014
Having learned bass & guitar the hard way over many years, i can honestly say that this is the most motivating, user friendly and successful way to learn. For the cost of a couple of lessons with a tutor, you are getting dozens of original songs (addmitedly some of them are truly dreadful fillers which you'd really be embarassed to play) which you can simplify AND slow down to aid the learning process, loads of lessons with content suitable for starting from scratch, as my kids are doing, to more advanced stuff to expand your horizons (walking bass, love it!!) plus the session mode which allows you to jam with a range of bands, making you focus on scales and modes. AND all of this for lead, rhythm and bass guitars.
Jeez, i wish i'd had this when i was a kid.
on 27 December 2013
I always thought I was too old to start learning to play guitar and not disciplined enough because you have to be dedicated to really progress... but then I heard about Rocksmith, some kind of "Guitar Hero" but which makes you learn something. I was pretty hypep from the beginning, I started playing the first version of Rocksmith and it got me a bit frustrated on some parts... but then I bought Rocksmith 2014 and it solved everything I was reproaching to the first version. The "game" is fun, and you feel like you really progress. Im playing regularly with friends who are also using the game and it feels so good to jam together. After about 30/40 hours of practice, im starting to feel really confident, im a rockstar in my living room :-D. I didnt become "good", but since I started from level 0, never touched a guitar, and that now I can finish some "quite hard" songs like Knights of Cydonia from Muse or Take me out from Franz Ferdinand at 70%, I can just say that it REALLY feels good to see that you are progressing and learning something and you are REALLY playing the guitar.
on 9 November 2015
By far and away the best game I've bought. I'd been playing guitar hero for a while and suddenly thought why am I spending so much time leaning pretend guitar when I could be learning the real thing. Hence my purchase. Really easy to set up, connect cable to guitar and xbkx360 and your ready. Turning the game one, first thing it does is help you tune the guitar. After that the world is your oyster, it asks your current level from complete beginner to an expert and then creates a earning path for you full of tutorials, mini exercise, mini games. I started on a song and quickly used the riff repeater to play the same bit over and over again until I nailed it.

Visually it will take you about am hour to confidently get your head around how the notes and displayed as you need to understand the screen and memorise the colour of each string but after that it's pretty easy to see what you should be doing.

As for people saying you can't actually learn to play the guitar with this, they are complete wrong, not only does it teach you all the techniques but the reaction seals it in your memory. I can remember the riffs and chords quite easily and to be honest once you've played the riff a few times you stop looking at the screen and start looking at your fingers and the notes you need to play, plying along to the backing track just glancing up every now and again to remind yourself of the next sequence.

Highly recommended, great addition to your learning repertoire. I would probably recommended d someone to do a few months of lessons to master the basics and then use this to build on it. It was so good a bought a copy for my girlfriend son too!
on 18 December 2013
I bought the game, cable and guitar bundle for this after a bit of deliberation, but I wish I had just bought it sooner. I've seen some reviews which slated the game due to sound lag but as a beginner I do not notice this at all as I am too busy trying to get my fingers in the right place. The great thing about this game/learning tool is it starts off with a relatively simple lesson and you can move straight on to trying to learn a song, granted you will only start playing a single note every few seconds but it means you can look at whats coming up, look back at your hand position and then back up in time to play the note, the more accurately you play, the more difficult the song becomes and eventually you will be advised to learn new skills. The only downside for me was it does not have many songs on the original disk that will get you on the hook, don't get me wrong I like alot of them but they seem to be aimed at more advanced guitar players, so I guess it would take awhile before you feel you are making much progress. I would however advise downloading Eye of the Tiger and Bring me to Life from Xbox live, I didn't think they would be easy but since I liked the songs it would give a bit of variety to the learning process. They involve some fast picking but fun to play for someone at my level and as far as I'm concerned if you can make the learning process fun, your not going to quit easily.
on 8 July 2014
I was undecided wether to but this after reading reviews about xbox audio lag but I'm more than happy I did. I haven't experienced any audio lag, I have my xbox connected to an AOC monitor with HDMI and in built speakers, Dolby 5.1 switched off in audio settings. I really look forward to practicing now and have targets to aim for. Shooting zombies by playing chords!!! That's genius and it doesn't really feel like practice. Overall I'm very happy with the "game" and look forward to more learning.
on 23 January 2015
Yes would recommend if you have a electric guitar, son loves it and is helping him learn Tab, he is a classical guitarist and can read proper music, but this game as such gets him playing with the groups. Only thing is get a X Box Audio interface to plug into the back of the X Box and plug it into a stereo so the TV has only to deal with the video, if you let the TV deal with audio and video you will get a delay and this will spoil your fun. X Box audio interface are around £15 to £20.
on 4 November 2014
This is the most awesome thing ever created for any console ever.

Works really well with my Les Paul copy and there are SO many downloadable track packs.

Can really help to teach you to play not only the guitar and the tracks that you love but also master complicated techniques. Not only that it has a massive effects wrack that you can use to just jam along freestyle.
on 29 May 2015
This game is amazing
I bought it to help me with my bass and told my friend to buy it for his guitar
There are several brilliant things you can do on the game..it is cheaper than what you would pay to get out of lessons

Only problem I have with this is that the cable broke within a week of me ordering it which is why it was four stars
on 27 December 2013
This is quality, had a guitar for 16 years and played it / got more enjoyment out of it today than ever before, still totally rubbish at guitar but it's only day one very excited plus great songs guitar hero with a real guitar, if you have an Xbox and guitar there is no excuse not to get this, gonna have to get a second set for the office xbox!
on 2 October 2014
Bought this as a birthday present for my brother and he rates it highly, he says that its a really good way of learning to play the guitar, you can play along with tracks and he's come on really well with it. Would definitely recommend to someone who is interested in learning the guitar but is unable to get lessons.