5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful, Almost Flawless Game
It's rare that I fall so in love with a game as I have with 3D World. Nintendo have proven once again that they make some of the most fun games on the market, and with that I'll get on with this review!

Gameplay:

A 3D platformer in the vein of 3D Land on the 3DS, Mario 3D World is much closer in spirit to the New Super Mario Bros. series than to...
Published 7 months ago by HyakuShiki1234

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor
Let me begin this review by stating two facts: super mario world on the SNES was the best Mario adventure until Galaxy 2.

The reason for this is that it was a big game, with many secrets and original gameplay.

It was challenging and rewarding, and always fun to play.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (I admit to not having played the first) was an...
Published 8 months ago by happyshopper

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for the WiiU, 15 Dec 2013
B. Fox "bigredrobot25" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Amazing game, the levels all have something unique that makes them fun to play, is also a fun co-op experience, I had fun playing this with my siblings.

5.0 out of 5 stars super review, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
super mario 3d world is one of the best games I have played on nintendo! People are crazy if they say this game is rubbish, this is way better then the original game and I would recommend this game to EVERYBODY who like nintendo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014
great game

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
Very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Mario!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
I haven't been able to play it a lot so far, but what I played has been pure fun. My wife loves the cat costume and it seems that Nintendo will never run out of new ideas to make a Mario-game even better than the one before. The only thing I don't like is that Mario moves to slow ;(.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, if unspectacular entry to the Mario franchise, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Received my copy of SM3DW a day early through pre order; at present I'm on World 3.

My first impressions of the game playing through World 1 is that the game basically felt like an extension of Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS, albeit with more polished graphics. The levels seemed to be playing it safe in terms of design and layout, and felt I'd seen it all before.

However, the more I progressed, the more the game has started to impress me- World 2-2 for instance (Puffprod Peaks) has you using the Wii U gamepad to pull platforms on the screen to progress, and blowing into the Wii U's control to control other platforms. Easily the best level I'd played, until I finished and progressed onto World 2-3, Shadow-Play alley. The sections where you end up playing in the background of the screen as a shadow impressed me, I felt it threw a bit of variety into the mix. And the cardboard cutout Bowser as seen in Paper Mario at the end of the level was a touch of genius!! Definitely left a smile on my face after playing through this level.

The new power ups are good and add to the experience; The cat suit is fun, and makes searching the levels for the green stars/hidden stamps more enjoyable, the cherry power up that duplicates your character makes for a chaotic but enjoyable experience, and even the goomba shoe from Mario 3 makes an appearance!! (Okay, in the form of a ice skate, but still..)

A fairly large problem in the game (in my opinion anyway) is the fact that the physics of Mario seems to be slightly off, especially compared to the other 3D games in the series. He seems almost sluggish in movement and controls feel slightly stiff at times.

Also, the game seems too easy; Currently have 32 lives, and can't recall too many instances of failing a level so far- At a guess though, the game will get more difficult as it progresses. The 3 green stars per level and hidden stamp add to the challenge of the levels so there's enough to keep you occupied.

Overall, a good game, but not the game changer that either Galaxy 1 & 2 were. Still, would rather play this than any of the PS4 or XBox One launch titles!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 30 Aug 2014
A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fun, fun, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
You don't need to read these reviews to know that you need to get this. Its proper Mario, innit. Click "add to basket".

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Can't actually tell you anything about this Mario 3D World game as it was a gift for my youngest grandson but it was gratefully received and I am sure it will be well played.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRESSIE, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Bought for a gift for my grandson who loves these games, I'm sure he will be very delighted with it.

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 | Next ›

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
43.69