5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition
Great addition to sims 3, brings new furniture with a water/ seaside theme. Brings house boats and islands to explore with snorkeling, wind surfing and water skiing. Has new jobs, and professions. Enables you to build resorts.
Published 8 months ago by Mel 74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the new world sucks
Love the expansion. hate the island.

The new world they give you to play on is glitchy. It will freeze every few seconds for a few minutes, making game play very frustrating.

Published 2 months ago by Lu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, 20 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The best expansion pack ever, 22 Aug 2013
Mrs. E. Halliday (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Travelling by boat to lots of little islands is lovely and makes this expansion pack different to any others and really opens out the sims world. Scuba diving also works really well and is pretty fun. Haven't tried the lifeguard career yet but looking forward to it. Your sim can now own several different residential lots and switch between them, and can also move to a new world. They can also own holiday resorts.
Overall, fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sims 3, you owe me 1 girlfriend., 1 July 2014
To whom it may concern

I bought this for my 25 year old girlfriend as a present. She loves it. Too much. When I get home from work, she's playing the Sims. When I sit down to watch our favourite tv show together, she's on the Sims instead. When we have our evening meal, she'll eat it later, she's playing the Sims. When it's time for bed because we've work in the morning, guess where she is, that's right EA, she's playing the Sims.
Apparently buying her this game made me, and I quote 'The best boyfriend in the world'. It has also made me obsolete. Tut tut EA. You've ruined things.

Edit : The World Cup is on. EA, I love you. Whenever I want to watch football, I CAN, she's too busy playing the Sims!

Edit of the Edit: We're out. She's still on the Sims. Hate you EA.

(In a nutshell, it's a good game!)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best expansion packs, 16 Sep 2014
S. Eldridge (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This is not S.Eldridge, it's his daughter.

Island Paradise is a amazing, fun expansion pack to the sims 3.As soon as I installed it, I made my sims . They were all Island Paradise themed. Island Paradise comes with a lovely town full of wonder and admiration, interest and magic. It's my favourite town.

This expansion pack is one of my favourites.
It includes:
Job as a lifeguard[you actually do it like ambitions]
lots of clothes and hairstyles
houseboats
speedboats
uncharted islands
5 star resorts[you can stay at them or build your own]
Mermaids
scuba diving[you actually see below the top of the ocean]
sharks
a new town
pool bars
water slides

I do recommend this expansion to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sims at Sea, 13 July 2013
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I own all of the Sims 3 expansion packs & this has to rate as one of the best. It's great to be able to build & run your own holiday resorts again (remember the original Sims "Holiday" pack ?), and the new pre-made resorts are brilliant - they even have swim-up bars in the swimming pools. However this pack also has lots more features to explore.

You can now build a stilted home over the water or even build your own houseboat. Just look for a "port" site and select the "set houseboat" option. Once it's completed you can sail it & dock it at all the port locations around Isla Paradiso (the new tropical island world). Instead of the family car, why not buy a boat (power boats, sail boats even swan boats are available) - and sail out to the best beaches & dive locations. You can windsurf, or if you build up your snorkelling & swimming skills you'll be able to scuba dive under the sea (different dive locations are unlocked as you build up your skill). Watch out for the sharks !

There's a new life-form - mermaid. You can't make them in "create a family", but if you befriend a mermaid they can join your family as a playable character (baby mermaids are possible), or you can actually become a mermaid if you're able to get hold of some "Mermadic Kelp".

There's 4 new lifetime wishes, 7 new lifetime rewards, new traits, a new career (lifeguard), and of course new(water related) ways to die!

No instruction manual, and not a lot in the way of specific in-game help for this expansion. I've been playing the sims for years, but I found myself searching the Sims 3 community forum to work out how various new features work (like how to build the houseboats). Apart from this however, it's an excellent pack, lots of fun & I would definitely recommend it.

As always remember it's an expansion so you need the base game to play it - and check out the "Can You Run It" site, if you're not sure whether your computer has the spec to handle the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I have really enjoyed playing this expansion. I love the house boats and running a resort, scuba diving I found a little clumsy at first but have the hang of it now.
It did crash a few times when I first loaded it but that seems to have resolved its self now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the new world sucks, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Love the expansion. hate the island.

And what's worse, is that it's the only made world with dive spots (the new skill). Unless you cheat and make them in other world, you're stuck diving in these spots playing in almost real time (an hour in game for an hour out) with the island given.

I find this only happens in this world, and all my others work perfectly fine without freezing. So, if you're not bothered about all the island hunting and diving wants, then go ahead. If you are... you may find yourself forced to cheat and create new ones taking up playable hours, or, getting mad and finding you may as well read a book while playing because it takes so long to unfreeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Carnt actually say how amazing this game is!, boat houses are cool, diving his fun, owning your own resort is funner than working as a doctor ect., been a life gaurd is a great job save life's, you should buy it on AMAZON , cheapest place to buy this game from😊

3.0 out of 5 stars Great expansion but game is now freezing., 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I enjoyed the game and it seems like you get quite a lot of exciting new things, house boats and managing resorts are a really good addition
addition. That being said I have been having problems with the sims since installing this. The game has been freezing quite a lot and I'm not sure if this is down to this expansion pack or the fact it was getting a big much to run the sims 3 plus 5 expansions. My laptop is getting on a bit now, I might try this on a newer machine without all the other expansions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please do not buy this!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) (Video Game)
My 13-year-old son saved his pocket money for weeks to buy this and although delivery was immediate, the product itself simply doesn't work. It's not that his particular DVD is faulty, apparently there is an issue with downloading it. 'There is an error with downloading', it states. We are now discovering that other reviews mention it and the company website says so too. However we are unable to contact the company for assistance - we called number on website and it referred us back to website for new number, which doesn't seem to exist. There is no direct email and help section doesn't even mention this problem. It's very disappointing when a child saves for something and this happens. Looks a great product but it simply doesn't work!

The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: Island Paradise (PC DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows)