5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to learn, just get it
Published 10 months ago by Raymond O'Connor

2.0 out of 5 stars A real mixed bag
Published 4 months ago by Frey Bentos (PSN sevenz7rkseven)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to learn, just get it, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone Cable (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought a guitar separately from gear4music and this from amazon. I bought an acoustic guitar a while ago and a dummy guide book. I tried to get into it but honestly, it was pretty dull and slow going so i shelved it. I saw rocksmith 2014 review on ign and thought, what the heck, I'll get an electric guitar and give it a whirl. Well, I've only used it for 3 days now and i can honestly say its fun and keeps you entertained. The time just seems to whiz by and the arcade games are loads of fun and help you with all sorts of techniques that you need. Im not going to be any good for a long time but you can see definite improvements cpvery quickly. If youre interested in learning then this is seriously impressive and fun... That's what will keep me coming back for more. Highly recommended and the songs are great too

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocksmith 2014 "Rocks", 11 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK so I was one of these people who bought an electric guitar which stayed in it's case after a few lessons. Rocksmith 2014 gets that dusty guitar out of it's case. Whilst u won't be rocking like Jimmy Hendrix it will get u back to practising those hand stretches and plucking the right strings. The lesson progression is excellent and adjusts to you level. If the game thinks it's going to fast it does adjust the speed, which really helps. It's also great for learning the frets and where to place your fingers. I managed an Artic Monkeys track only after a short time playing. The beauty of this game is that it makes learning fun and not teadious lessons, you see the progress you make. It does draw you back time and time again, which helps with the progression. If you are a complete beginner then Rocksmith 2014 is ideal because you can start from the very basics of how to hold the guitar right up to chords etc. Highly recommend this if you are looking for a way to break that old guitar out of it's case. I also run an old fat PS3 with a JBL soundbar and suffered no lag. Go on, for 42 you can't go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic learning tool, 3 Dec 2013
OK, so it does require quite a bit of time, but learning any instrument does. If you are prepared to put in the time, you will learn. I can now play 4 songs without Rocksmith's help, and I'm well on the way with several others. I never thought I'd actually get this far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocking in your tv, 24 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game and learning tool. Excellent for teaching total beginners and I've been playing for 20 years and it's pushing me to learn and hone my skills. I've tried to teach my housemate guitar on numerous occasions without success but now I come home to find him rocking out to the stones or the arctic monkeys on regular occasions screaming about being a rock god

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 20 Nov 2013
Already cracked Nowaysis "Don't Look Back in Anger"...... Session mode is great too, I have my own band now (virtual) Recording soon...

2.0 out of 5 stars A real mixed bag, 8 April 2014
Lets start by saying where I'm at as a guitar player. I'm roughly grade 3 have been playing for a few years have mastered most open chords - Major, Minor, Barre, 7th etc. Scales wise i practice daily and this for me was where Rocksmith came in, i can find my own way now with rhythm, but lead is a very different beast and it was with this aspect of giutaring that i wanted to focus on, maybe with some fun along the way with some new songs and i liked the sound of the AI band.

The first thing i noticed was the latency (the delay between playing the notes and hearing it through the system) the lead fixes the problem but it is completely unusable without.

So once i had the lead plugged in i headed for some lessons. I thought that it would get to know my ability so i headed straight for some basic chord lessons. Then for some shifting and some bends. Now i'm no Dave Gilmour but i can bend simple riffs without issue but it just refused to acknowledge the notes i was playing. So a very simple riff that i should have covered in a couple of minutes i found i was spending 20 minutes on at a much slower rate than needed - i just couldn't work out where i was going wrong. So anyway i moved onto a Queen song. Now i can play F as a barre without issue so i just didn't need it to scroll through the song adding a note of the F chord with each cycle - Why not just tell me to play F and save 10 minutes ?

So feeling somewhat disheartened i moved over to the AI band - It's OK i ran through a few improvised scales which it seemed to play along OK to - in some respects though i can get a different backing track of You Tube in no time at all.

So i decided to have a go at another song. It takes me to lessons on E minor - oh come on ! Then into the song and within 30 seconds Amin7/gb - really ?

That was the final straw - i spent a good 8 hours on it but even after that time it had no idea of my ability as a guitar player and couldn't adjust the lessons to fit my ability - and this is it's huge down fall.

4.0 out of 5 stars RockBand Version 2, 3 Jan 2014
This is, I suppose, what we all wanted when Rock Band and Guitar Hero came out. A chance to plug a real guitar in and play it.

The game essentially revolves around playing songs, jamming in session mode or doing some "arcade games" which double as exercises.

The list of songs is pretty good and quite wide ranging. The game essentially starts you off simple and ramps up the difficulty as you play and get things right. Conversely when you start struggling it drags the difficulty back down. It works pretty well but does occassionally jump you up when you're not ready and you quickly get your fingers in knots.

The session mode is the thing that has won me over. Choose your scale, key and type of band and you find yourself jamming in a session with AI musicians who follow your lead. At the bottom of the screen is a guitar fretboard and the notes and pentatonics of the scale are highlighted clearly giving you a clear indication of where you can play. I love this mode and it has genuinely improved my playing. In these two modes you can also choose lead, rhythm or bass guitar.

The arcade games don't appeal to me but I can see their benefit. They are painted as old skool arcade games but require you to do string skipping, or playing on different frets. It's a useful exercise but felt far too kitsch for my liking.

It's by no means perfect. It struggles to detect chords sometimes and it does need a better practise mode which just feels clunky but these are minor considerations. You play a real guitar and you get better for the price of a couple of lessons. That's not a bad deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 3 Dec 2013
This game is very easy to play, the price is very convenience and it's arrived at my home in a few days... i really cool!!

5.0 out of 5 stars rocksmith, 16 Nov 2013
The best tool I have used yet to learn how to play the guitar , easy to follow fun to use , my winter nights are going to be well busy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 1 Nov 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
i always get bored when i try to practice guitar but this game makes it abit more fun when you play the arcade type bits and even just learning songs is more enjoyable . Only thing i dislike is the ingame guitar tuner alot of the time it says you are in tune the E string always seems to be wrong.

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone Cable (PS3)
46.00