5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Prix
Published 3 months ago by Alan Rivière

Published 2 months ago by Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Prix, 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is my first Gran Turismo game, so I am not going to compare it with the previous games in the series. Gran Turismo 6 is quite exciting by itself. The graphics is awesome and the racing mechanics is as close to fast driving as I can tell. I was especially impressed by the playback after each race, which is presented as a well-edited video, with constant changing camera angles and cut-in/cut-out effect.

The player is first given a Honda Fit at the beginning of the game. He earns credits as he wins or completes races, which he can use to upgrade the various components of the car, or to purchase a more powerful car.

Many types of races are offered: Online Mode in which players race each other, Arcade Mode in which the player races AI drivers or his buddy in the same room, and the single player Career Mode in which the player progresses from Novice through the Nationals and the Internationals to the Red Bull X Challenge, as he earns his racing licenses through a series of driving tests. As the player becomes more experienced, special racing events are offered.

To do the game justice, the player needs a decent racing wheel. The standard PS3 controller simply doesn't cut it. There is the Logitech G27. It is an excellent wheel for the PS3. Unfortunately, it is NOT compatible with the PS4, which offers exciting new racing games like DriveClub and Project CARS. For wheels compatible with both PS3 and PS4, there are the entry-level Thrustmaster T80RS and the high-end T300RS (See Note). Many players are disappointed with the T80RS because it doesn't have force feed-back, but the price is reasonable.

One additional thing I like to mention is the background music of the game - I hate it. But fortunately, the game offers the player option to replace it, which I did with the soundtrack of the 1966 film Grand Prix. What is more fitting for an auto-racing game like Gran Turismo 6 than that?

Note: According to what I read, the T500RS, released for PS3 over three years ago, is supported in DriveClub and will be in Project CARS.

4.0 out of 5 stars The game Gran Turismo 5 should have been!, 11 Dec. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
The Gran Turismo game series has always been a favourite of mine. Gran Turismo 5, whilst graphically accomplished, was fussy at times, bogged down by long loading times and a poor interface. To my surprise and utmost delight, Gran Turismo 6 has been released on the PS3. Gran Turismo 6 is a vast improvement on it's predecessor, but it is still bogged down by a number of niggles.

To start with, the graphics are unbelievably stunning. The attention to detail has vastly improved over GT5 and the cars are spot on. The handling physics have also had a major reworking, making the game more realistic and more fun. Throwing cars around corners at high speed has never been this fun and once you've mastered the cars you buy and get to really 'know' the cars, you can become the perfect driver... almost. The selection of cars is extensive. Many reviews have highlighted and criticised the fact that GT6 still contains 800 or so cars which are merely Gran Turismo 4 cars from the PS2 that have been graphically upgraded a little. I don't think this is a key issue. The more cars the better. The main problem which has bugged GT5 and GT6 is that the new catalogue of cars that are added each time are relatively small, essentially only 120 new cars for GT6. I hope they keep adding the old cars to each new Gran Turismo but they really need to increase the number of new cars with each release. However, GT6 really excels in the variety of tracks that it offers. There are a lot of new tracks with this game, each of which is masterfully re-created for the game. Gran Turismo 6 really is the king of racing games when it comes the number of tracks provided and how entertaining they are, both on the real world tracks and 'original' tracks that have created for Gran Turismo.

Gran Turismo 6 does get a lot right. However, there are a number of issues that do affect the overall enjoyment of this game. I'll point out the standard issues most reviews have pointed out regarding sound quality and collision damage. To be fair, those issues have plagued the GT series for 15 years, but they are small oversights in a game as masterful as GT6. My biggest gripe however, is the unbelievably appalling A.I. in the Career Mode. I have never known the A.I. to be as bad in any other Gran Turismo game. Case in point, racing in a Dodge Charger SRT8 and somehow I managed to beat a Ford GT, Dodge Viper and Chevrolet Corvette on the Laguna Seca raceway. Whilst I'd like to think it was my skilled driving that made me win, it is a scenario that in the real racing world would just never happen. The game is not challenging enough, and that is a let down.

So overall, no game on the PS3 is as beautiful as this in terms of graphics, nor as realistic in terms of the driving physics. Putting to one side the A.I. cars that you seem to pass with ease no matter what car you drive, there are few games that are as fun as GT6 when you flinging cars around corners at ridiculous speeds and pulling it off perfectly. The online section does resolve the A.I. issues and perhaps that is the way games are going. However, the career mode is an important element of Gran Turismo and it is not challenging enough in the races. On balance though, GT6 is still a cracking game and is unmatched in the quality of graphics, racing physics and the number of cars and tracks it offers gamers.

3.0 out of 5 stars GT is now playing catch-up rather than leading the market, but it is an enjoyable game nonetheless., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
Gran Turismo 1 & 2 were the games which created my passion for racing and cars. Those two games were unrivalled in terms of the customisation which they offered when it came to tuning up and modifying your cars, and I think that's what made me fall in love with the game, along with the huge variety of events. These games were well beyond their time, and I could still play them and get enjoyment from them. Then came Gran Turismo 3, which was a complete disappointment in my eyes, and lacked several of the features which made the previous games fantastic.
Gran Turismo 4 reignited my love for the series. I loved buying the second hand cars and tuning them up, and there was a huge range of events that would keep you entertained for hours. Gran Turismo 5 failed to live up to the hype surrounding it, and really put me off the series - I changed to the dark side with the Xbox and Forza Motorsport 3&4, which were far superior games. Recently, my Xbox died, sending me back onto the PS3 for the time being. I was fortunate enough to receive Gran Turismo 6 as a gift, and after having a long play of it, I will now sum the game up the best that I can. There are several key elements to the game, which I will try to write about.

The Cars

Wow, 1,200 cars. That almost sounds too good to be true! Well, that's because it is too good to be true. We, the consumers, are lied to here - a majority of the "cars" advertised by Polyphony Digital are slight variants in the models. Which is great news if you're a Skyline fan, as in, enough of a skyline fan to fill your garage with the 70 skyline variants that the game offers. For the rest of us, though, it is a huge let down - I was expecting a wide range of cars, but was hugely disappointed at the selection on offer. There is only a handful of muscle cars in the game, and it is instead overloaded with MX5 clones. I mean, for a car that has stayed almost identical throughout its production life, they have crammed over 30 copies of it into the game. All in all, I'd say there are probably around 500 unique car models in the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the true number was far less than this. Overall, the selection of cars was very disappointing.

My next point about the cars is that half of them look like they have been taken from Gran Turismo 2. Take the Supra for example - The modelling on it is shocking. Someone with minimal 3D modelling skills could make a better looking model in about two hours. There are sharp edges all over it, and well, it just looks kind of 2D. Furthermore, the interiors of around 75% of cars are just blacked out. The Supra is just one of the many models that are like this, and while there are "Premium" models which are modelled as they should be, interior and exterior, these are far and few between. To me, it just makes it seem like Polyphony Digital just couldn't be bothered, and rushed the cars to sell the game for a quick buck.

The customisation is also shoddy. You get a nice selection of wheels to choose from, and you can re-paint the car as long as you have previously bought a car with your desired paint colour, which means you have to buy a £400,000 Lamborghini if you want a nice matte black paint colour on any of your cars. On most cars, you get a selection of about 5 (terrible looking) spoilers to choose from, and that's it. Again, a very disappointing attempt, especially when you consider the level of customisation and the racing modifications in GT1&2, which seemed like they were making a comeback in GT5.

Racing

At first, the races in the game are quite enjoyable. You have a well balanced AI field which offer a decent level of challenge. The physics are spot on, and there is a great selection of tracks. My old favourite from GT1&2, Trial Mountain, looks fantastic. The tracks, unlike the cars, are spot on. The scenery can almost be breathtaking, and they just look brilliant. If I was being really picky, I would say that it needs a few more real life tracks in the game, but that's my only complaint.

Each race, for me, is the perfect length - just the right length to keep you interested and offer a challenge all the way through. I know that some people will be disappointed about the lack of endurance races, but I never really competed in those anyway so it doesn't effect me a great deal.

However, as you progress, you will begin to realize some problems in the game's races. The A.I does begin to be a tad unfair - they will be driving in the multi-million pound performance machines whilst you are still struggling to upgrade your car due to the ridiculously expensive upgrades and hard to come by credits. Hmm. It really seems like the developers want you to part with your real life money to buy in game credits...

The system of a rolling start in every single race gets a bit tedious. What's wrong with a grid start? You'll spend most of your race playing catch up to the first place car, who by the way, will be the only competitive driver on the field 95% of the time.

Not only this, but the AI seem to stick like glue to the racing line, like heartless, passionless, mistakeless, boring, predictable machines. They also play dirty - they will spin you out, which can be frustrating at the end of a race, yet if you bump into one of their cars, accidental or otherwise, they don't shift an inch, which is a tad unrealistic.

My final point is the damage. After playing Forza, it is really disappointing. Not only is it limited to cosmetic damage rather than having any impact on the performance of your car, but it looks terrible too. Again, it looks like yet another feature that they have rushed in order to lodge into the game.

Career Mode

The career mode does offer a nice range of events, and personally, I'm glad that the license tests are kept to a minimum with only five easy to pass tests per tier of events. While there are a few manufacturer specific events, though, there is still a disappointing lack in these events.

As previously mentioned, the game is designed to make you want to spend real money on the game to get more credits, and you'll find yourself repeating events quite regularly in order to save up for faster cars or tune your current car in order to compete in some of the races, and thus it can take you quite a long time to have enough money to buy a car that is competitive in each event so that you can finish the career mode.

Personally, I found the game and the races very enjoyable up to the 'National A' tier, which is the third tier of events, but the enjoyment tailed off slightly in the final 3 tiers due to the A.I becoming near impossible to beat unless you truly master the game and have the perfect car to drive in. It would be fantastic if they installed a difficulty level like Forza Motorsport does, but again, this is another area where the game disappoints.

What I do love, however, is the selection of karting events! For some reason, I just can't get enough of the karting races, and GT6 has quite a good selection of events, from lower powered karts on a tiny track, to full sized ones zooming around Silverstone, each one of the karting events is both challenging and fun.

Overall

From a critical point of view, the game is marketed on little white lies from the producers, I.e the number of cars, and the features which they have only half bothered to implement without developing them properly. It is sad, but Gran Turismo as a series seems to be fading away into the past. The cars in particular, for all the reasons mentioned previously, were the biggest let down about the game, and had the developers taken a bit more time and effort to model the cars and offer more customisation, this game would be fantastic.

I feel that the game is let down by some of the features that I have grown to love in previous games - I.e used cars, Racing modifications etc, that are completely missing from this one, and they are failing to keep up with the developments of rival series.

You will be reading my review, and it will probably have put you off buying the game. My advice: Buy the game anyway! Despite its flaws, it is still somewhat addictive and enjoyable. If it was not labelled a "Gran Turismo" Game, then it would be a very good and solid game. Just don't expect it to blow you away like GT1,2&4 did, because it really won't. It is a good game, but it just feels like it is behind its time a little, and now playing catch-up to other recent racing games, rather than being the market leader like it once was.

5.0 out of 5 stars It returns home, 18 May 2014
Headnote:
This is just a review for those who have played previous GT games and generally know what to expect. I've enjoyed Gran Turismo since the first one released just over 15 years ago. This said, if I'm honest with myself, I did enjoy GT5, but felt a little left down by the career and general setup of everything. 800 cars were in a cycle, so there was no freedom to just buy a certain car when I wanted, hardly any restrictions or purpose in the career races (i.e. no tyre/performance restrictions etc), license tests were optional, and overall the whole game lacked challenge or any of the driving spirit of older games. There were also graphical inconsistencies, and ridiculous load times. None of these things happened in any of the old GT games, and so I was left craving for the old GT experience.

The Quick Review:
Luckily all the above problems are gone in GT6, and it feels like its returned home to what the old games used to be. 1200 cars are freely accessible, and although 800 of them are simplified, it curiously doesn't show that much in comparison to GT5. Races are now organised into categories classed under required licences, meaning licence tests are required, and races are better structured. There are full tyre and performance restrictions in place, as well as the classic region/drivetrain specific races which means you'll once again be searching for very specific cars and facing strong challenge from National A licence onwards. There are a nice array of other events drawing from different car cultures or general car ideas, as well as seasonal challenges. Money is easy to earn, and there's a definite sense that most cars in the game are relatively purchasable given their high cost. Load times are handled much more neatly and economically, and the menu system really does gel everything together in a lovely accessible way.

The only slightly negative things to say about the game are that the real challenges do not begin until Licence A racing, meaning you might have an hour or two before you can get into competitive races (both online and offline), there's a serious lack of a manual at hand, and the load times are dependant on whether you give up the HDD space.

Overall 10/10: Partly down to the fact that GT6 is the refined masterpiece I felt GT5 should've been.

Some specifics: Version of the game is 1.06, connected online, and HDD space taken up by the game currently counts at 7.6GB (it grows with the more content you access). Yes updates take a while even on a superfast connection, but they're almost always worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best GT - and heres why..., 25 April 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
In short, this iteration of Gran turismo is the best. Not for its car/track additions, not for its graphical prowess. This is more to do with how the physics engine feels perfect, less mathematical, less technical. Each car feels right.

I have recently had the pleasure of driving a Ferarri 360 modena around a track (in real life). Afterwards, I remember thinking how unlike GT5 it was, and how GT2ish it felt. I felt stupid thinking it but the experience had me feeling underwhelmed about my favourite racing sim.

Then I played GT6. There is no modena (not from what ive seen so far) but there is a weight to the driving experience. Tyres feel like they are squeezing and stretching under the corners, rather than squeeling the second you start to steer. Traction control adjustments in GT4,5 was always had a strange effect to the car. Not in the way you expect. In GT6, this has either been reviewed, or their accurate Tyre modelling has resulted in a more realistic traction control.

On one time trial, I adjusted the traction control on a Nissan Micra to give me higher revs after leaving a corner and it felt right!

I have a sneaking suspision that they may have made GT a little ''less'' realistic. I have nothing to back this up, apart from that I feel like a better driver with this version. Its more fun, its better for new comers (not so daunting). Each car feels fast in its own right. If thats the case, its a great thing, because I think its re-ignited the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The fans deserved this!, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
I was very impressed with the game when I first tried it. I knew they messed a little bit with the driving engine and the suspension physics and although when reading or watching videos about it it looked just like GT5, when you first get a hold of the wheel/controller you feel like it's a totally new game. And it should be, because... it is.

I feel like it's the game GT fans deserved after some disappointment caused by GT5. Ok, the "standard" cars are still here, but they are a lot better to look at (still a black cockpit view) and don't get different treatment when buying one. The premium cars are as good looking as reality and they are even more this time.

The quantity of tracks is uncanny. I don't remember seeing so many in a racing game. You have a lot of things to do in career mode, not like GT5, and every week there are new races to complete, which basically means the game lasts forever (at least until GT7 comes out, which is going to take a while).

Also, it's a bargain. I bought it cheap, but now is even cheaper. Totally recommend it! It's the best GT in this generation!

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the Same, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
If you've played earlier versions of the GranTurismo franchise then don't expect any real surprises here. It's basically just more of the same with minor improvements to graphics, car handling, etc. and a new interface to make you feel less annoyed that you just shelled out more cash for essentially the same game.

Nevertheless this is a good version of the game in it's own right, and let's not forget it is a classic franchise so if you've not experienced Gran Turismo before, then I'd definitely recommend it. The one thing that does niggle me about this update though is that the need to use a wheel seems to have become more pronounced in this update. I've been playing the series for years and can usually run through all the licences getting golds with a normal controller. This time I needed to get the wheel out to get gold in some of the challenges which personally I found annoying... and if you're only a casual racer and don't own a steering wheel controller, this is probably a big minus.

Overall though, still a great game, just another evolution though, nothing to set the world on fire.

1.0 out of 5 stars The upgrade process always fails. after two days im ..., 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
The upgrade process always fails. after two days im still unable to play it unless i play with the ps3 disconnected from the network so it cannot even find the patches.
It's time to buy an Xbox one and Forza motorsport.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for under £20, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
I have a copy of GT5 and would give it 5 Starts. I wasn't sure whether to buy GT6 as there were a lot of negative comments about it being unfinished.

Well, I decided to buy the game when the price had been reduced and got my copy for around £20. I prefer the new physics and game play compared to GT5 and the cars don't seem permanently fixed to the track, and it looks realistic when cornering.

On the down side, the overall presentation isn't on the same level as GT5. I miss a few features such as buying used cars (even though some people hated this). Also a simple feature when you would see your current car in a picturesque screen as a sort of screen saver seems to have been taken out.

I think that there are more changes from this game than FIFA 13 to FIFA 14 for example. I don't regret my purchase, and if you see this for under £20, I think it is worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Gran Turismo 6: An extremely disappointing, bugged/glitchy addition to an once great franchise, 20 April 2014
M Thompson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
Just got this for my birthday and was excited to jump into another GT game. After the disappointment of GT5, and the high praise GT6 has received last year from gaming websites, I was expecting a fantastic game.

It's very mediocre. The game has loads of annoying design decisions, bad glitches and game breaking bugs, which have ruined the overall experience for me.

On the surface, GT6 has everything that you'd want from a racing game. There are 1,207 cars and 29 circuits. The vast majority of cars in GT6 date back to its PS2 days, cars like the Subaru 22B. There is no interior, you can't flash your headlights, reverse lights don't work, edges are rough. It doesn't even look good for a PS2. That also means that even though there are 1,207 cars, a lot of them are derivatives, and some key cars are still missing. No Ferrari, Lamborghini's etc. In a weird twist, GT6 no longer separates standard and premium cars on the dealership screens. This can lead to spending your hard-earned credits on a new ride, only to get onto the circuit and find that it looks jagged and blurry next to the other pristine 'premium' cars. If you didn't like the gulf in standards between the cars on GT5, and play exclusively in cockpit mode, then you won't be impressed with GT6. The switching to a standard car destroys the immersion first and foremost, and just makes the game feel very inconsistent and jarring to play.

If you want to build up a big car collection, you're going to need either a lot of spare time or a lot of spare cash. GT6 is designed to reward its most dedicated fans by keeping the very best cars exclusive. Classic racing cars have high credit price tags, meaning that you're going to have to grind out a lot of career events to afford them. In GT5, you could get around this by taking part in the weekly updated seasonal events, which differed little from Career races but offered massive payouts, sometimes upward of half a million credits. In GT6, the first batch of seasonal events offer a top prize of only 12,500 credits. This leaves the newly introduced micro transactions as the only option for busy players to acquire the best cars. Which is ridiculous.

One million credits cost £7.99, but the most expensive cars in the game are worth around 20 million credits, costing upward of £100 in real money. Spending real money is entirely optional, and you have to actively go looking for the store to do so, but the choice to add micro transactions instead of addressing the grind is extremely infuriating.

Thankfully, one of the few things GT6 does right is in it's tracks. Some of the new course models are gorgeous. Willow Springs, for example when caught in the right light and angle, looks like a live film of the track. From West Sussex to the Moon, and seemingly everywhere in-between. Gran Turismo 6's tracklist is staggering in its scope, and quite possibly the most complete ever seen in a driving game.

But in some areas the game seems to have trouble rendering everything on screen at once, with some graphical pop in issues and really bad screen tearing on some tracks. I have noticed spectators and textures on things suddenly appearing, and the shadows on the environment seem to have this weird flickering issue especially on stages where there are day-night cycles. Rain effects are disappointing too, with water falling from the sky in jagged lines, and spray from cars looking like a decal glued to the back of each vehicle.

Night racing, on the other hand, is spectacular, with gorgeous lighting and detailed star-filled skies. There is, however, an unfortunate side effect to the entire simulation: the frame rate. It's stable most of the time, but it suffers on some of the more detailed courses, and load times are inconsistent too. All of this takes away from the driving experience as it's a constant distraction. But that's Gran Turismo 6, an intermittent gorgeous game that can simultaneously excite and infuriate you.

GT6 takes another bizarre turn in the game's Special Events. These side missions place you in specific cars and locations with unique tasks. My favorite of these is the Goodwood Hill Climb, which puts you behind the wheel of a variety of classic cars at this famous British motorsport festival, and is a neat bit of nostalgic fun. At the other end of the spectrum is the very gimmicky lunar exploration task. In this event, you drive supposedly accurate lunar rover missions from the 1970s. These are slow, tedious events that are only remarkable for the setting and the fleeting novelty of driving in low gravity.

Menus seem to have taken a step back. In license tests (yes, they still exist), you can't go from one event to another in that menu. You have to go back a layer and then select the next step. It's the same in other challenges too. Add in additional loading times (which aren't particularly fast), and a mistaken press of a button can make you mad enough to turn the game right off. Loading times do decrease as you play on, but at the beginning, when you're retrying things over and over, that's when it gets the most infuriating.

Physics are distinctly different from car to car, with a different driving style required to get the best out of each one. But the engine audio is pretty poor as powerful super-cars still sound like lawnmowers and hairdryers.

A.I drivers are better than GT5 but still way off from perfect, and nowhere near to making you feel immersed as a competing racing driver. Opponents adhere to a rigid racing line, behaving more like slot cars than real racers. They show almost no awareness of either you or the other AI drivers, clumsily turning into other cars, stamping on the brakes way too early, and failing to power out of corners. And the persistent rubber-banding is quite bad too, almost comical. On too many occasions you'll enter the last lap six or seven seconds adrift of the leader, only to miraculously catch up and claim the position on the last corner. It just feels very boring and lifeless.

If you want some competitive racing, you need to head into the online lobbies. Multiplayer racing can be a minefield at the best of times, and GT6 similarly makes getting into a race an awkward process. The 'Quick Match' option barely works, meaning that the only way to race is to scour pages and pages of custom lobbies until you find one that you like.

Users can flag events as racing for fun, for realism, or for drifting, but that's about as helpful as it gets. Icons show you whether a lobby restricts assists or car performance, but there's nothing to tell you which assists will be locked out, or exactly how car performance is restricted. You're left with no choice but to connect to a game and hope for the best. This is yet another area where Polyphony Digital promised big changes from GT5 but has failed to deliver.

The rest of the presentation is pure Gran Turismo, for better and for worse. The music is the usual mixture of lounge jazz and heavy metal, and none of the game is voiced, so you read a lot of text tutorials in the early going. Other areas have been given a bit more attention. Races are introduced with some cool TV-style graphics with details about weather conditions, temperatures, and starting grids, which creates a nice sense of atmosphere that has been missing from previous GT games.

Damage, on the other hand, has not been changed at all since GT5. The vast majority of cars show barely any damage. Even 100mph head-on collisions cause only tiny dents and scrapes, and they have no impact on car handling or performance.

Car engines and impact sounds are disappointingly weak for a game which pride's it's self on being a "Real Driving Simulator". You would swear that your high powered Lancia Integrale was being powered by an ASDA electric hairdryer. When you have a 3rd party 2007 PS3 game like Colin Mcrae Dirt, which has amazing throaty car engine sounds, why can't a high profile 1st party 2013 release, like GT6 do the same? Some cars sound better than others, but the same can't be said for all of the the collision sound effects. They're awful. It sounds like they recorded somebody banging on some plasterboard for when you crash into another car, or smash into a wall at high speed. It's just painfully bland and ruins the immersion in an already lackluster game.

And finally the game breaking bugs and glitches:

*While playing the International B Historic Car Race Cup, on race 2 the Nurburgring wouldn't load after crashing my console a few times.

*Engine sounds that keep cutting out for no reason.

*The audio output track is off, I'm currently using 2-channel since the 5.1 and 7.1 outputs have ALL the car sounds coming out of my rear 2 speakers regardless of camera position. I expect the exhaust sound to come from the rear speakers when on most views but not the third-person view. I'm also getting no Engine sounds from the front speakers like I should when the motor is in from of the driver.

*On the last endurance race, Le Mans. I started the race on RS tires and can do the first three laps and my tires do NOT wear at all, perfect 10's all the way around. The only reason why I have to pit is to fuel my car on lap 3, but once I come back out of the pits, supposedly a fresh set of RS's, the car skates all over the place, it feels like I've got SS tires on. I lost the first race I tried because I had to pit an extra time due to the tire wear, the second race I did I put RH's on after the first pit stop and it was even worse. I could hear my tires screeching the ENTIRE length of the long back stretches.

*The screen froze when "Congratulations" message popped up after completing all National B licenses. Had to restart game.

*1995, 1998 and 1999 Honda Integra Type-R dashboard, steering wheel, hands are black / not displaying in dashboard view.

*Playing with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, and the L1/R1 paddle shifters do not seem to work as L1 or R1. In a race they shift gears fine, but in menus that say that L1 or R1 are supposed to do something, clicking the paddles does nothing.

*When racing at Daytona, Rolling Starts & Double File Rolling Starts both start me out in the middle of the Infield (center of Daytona Logo out in the grass).

*I was playing the Night races on Matterhorn track. It is a 3 lap race. I was driving the 15th Anniversary 86 GT. I was winning from the lap 2 in the 1st place. At the end of Lap 3, I crossed the finishing line, the race continued and I'm back at 10th position, having to do 3rd lap again.

*Having crashes/lockups. Usually exiting photo travel and photo mode. Have to shut down, restart twice then re-insert disc afterwards for ps3 to read disc. This has happened multiple times.

*The flashing gear indicator is incorrect it tells me to be in a gear lower then I should be. Example: The gear adviser suggests 2nd however if I was to be in second gear I need to immediately up shift due to being out of my power band.

*I played for 4+ hours finished Novice, and National B, inc Licenses, and moon and Goodwood, and the 3 seasonal Events,
But when I reloaded GT6, the My Home screen said my current car was last car I drove, but was unable to open garage and I did not have any cars. I opened the license events, no stars. *MY ONLY OPTION IS TO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING* No awards, but, I have 23 races logged, 2 wins, all my money, 350 miles logged, 4.1 hours of driving in the Stats Section. Again, can't do anything without unlocking. But everything was unlocked. And shown as such. But the stars are just not there.

Overall Gran Turismo 6 is a barely competent racing game bogged down with many issues and micro transactions that ruin this latest entry. It feels incredibly dated and infuriating to play at times. It's largely the same game that it has been for years, with the added benefit that most of the really interesting new features will come at some indeterminate time in the future via patches. The series has fallen a long way, or perhaps it's more that it hasn't really moved that much and the rest of the world has passed it by. And the fact that it still uses assets from GT4, a 2004 released game just goes to strengthen my point even further. It's really only saved by the sheer volume of content that it provides and the fact that there's no serious competition on the same console.

Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)