Platform: PC|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 18 November 2013
as i already had the original rocksmith bought this as an upgrade and was not disapointed. the2014 edition menue are a lot easier and quicker to use to go into riff repeater direcly in the song and then to directly resume the song is amazing in the old rocksmith this would have involved trawling through the menus. having a few sound issues that i am sure will be patched, with the original rocksmith i kept being told my volume was to high and to lower it, wirh the 2014 issue it keeps telling me that my volume is to low i now have my volume flat out . also the tuner is not as stable as the original but having to check the tuning before every song is now gone as this used to annoy a lot of users. visualy the notes on runway are a lot easier to read and fingering has been added which was an issue in the original. an excellent product for anyone even if you just want to kareoke for fun or if you seriously want to lear guitar with an excellent array of technical lessons and games to test and improve your fingering and knoledge of musical theory. excellent product i realy enjoy playing with an original backig track its just like being there
on 17 December 2013
Although this says it's a PC DVD, it's actually for both the PC and Mac.

I'm using it on a Mac Pro, with OS X 10.9. It works perfectly fine.
I had the original Rocksmith that was PC only but and the USB cable provided worked fine on my Mac, plug in and play. I've been using it with Apple's Garage band for a while already.

So I opted for this version. Steam is required to play it, but I'm using steam already on my Mac, so for me that was no big issue. And although you need to make a Uplay account, you don't have to install the uplay software. A few little bonus items are provided for doing so such as a DLC free track, some wallpapers etc.

The version I got registered on Steam as a pre-order, and I got Smashing Pumpkins' DLC 'Cherub Rock' for free too. That was a nice bonus!

Overall as others have said, it's a vast improvement over the original Rocksmith and as a result I'm quite happy to pay again for the new software and the new tracks that are included.

The tracks that are included are a much wider taste and everyone should find something to play along to and learn. If not, there is a wealth of DLC for it via steam. A few Christmas songs popped up for me as a free DLC too.

The only issue I have is the transfer tool for importing songs from the Original Rocksmith to Rocksmith 2014 costs £8 on steam and it does feel like I'm paying twice for songs I already own via Rocksmith. Still, it'll probably be on sale at some point (hopefully) but in the mean time there is plenty of other songs to play already.

For anyone on a Mac and and already has a guitar and cable (maybe from xbox or ps3 versions) you won't be disappointed.

Can't say for PC version as I've not used that yet, but certainly, I'm very impressed with it so far.
on 28 January 2014
Package looks good and seems promising and supplied guitar cable is very robust. BUT......game software server is always busy,and even though my guitar volume control is on full and I strum the strings really hard,it reports that the volume is too low and trying to tune the strings is really difficult because of this. If you spend money on software,it is supposed to work straight out of the box. This is very disappointing,as I was expecting so much!
on 5 December 2013
I bought the first Rocksmith, and let me tell you, i loved it. but this second one?... Even better!

the biggest change i can point, from a learning tool point of view, is the instant riff repeater.
riff repeater in the 1st rocksmith was painfull, i played the game for >1 year, around 9 hours a week, and i used riff repeater like 8 times, to much time to start it and change sections of the song.

in 2014, when you pause a song it instantly turns on riff repeater, in case you want to use it.
the riff repeater now has more options you can control and easier. riif repeater, accelarator and leveler(rocksmith 1), are now all in riff repeater, instead of apart, wich is great as well,

since this game is mostly used to learn guitar, this by itself is more than reason enough to buy the game, as i can decrease/increase the number of notes, the speed in wich I am playing it, and much more!

i really recommend this.
on 17 October 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I have played this 'game' for well over 300 hours at this point. I say 'game' because it really is educational. I started from having no ability, to considering myself quite proficient, thanks to Rocksmith. This has improved several aspects on the original Rocksmith, and you can even bring all the songs and dlc from the original over to this one (even if you do have to pay a small fee...less than £10 anyway I think.) It's a blast to play along with songs, and session mode lets you 'jam' with LOADS of different instruments to make your own band. The mini games do feel a little broken at times, not registering notes quite right, but playable and really useful nonetheless! 100% to any guitar enthusiast, pro or absolute beginner.
on 12 November 2013
Better than first attempt, and most of the previous songs, and all the the extras I bought are compatible good way to re-learn or start to learn the guitar.
on 10 January 2014
I bought this game after having played the first Rocksmith, which I had a lot of fun with. I thought this game would be just as good. However, I was sadly disappointed.

As someone that has already been playing guitar for a good few years now, I felt that the game insulted my intelligence a little. There is no way that I can see to manually upgrade the difficulty. Yes, the game does have an automatic level-up feature, but even after playing a full song note for note SEVERAL TIMES, it wouldn't increase my difficulty at all. And with no other way to do it, I was left playing one note every five to eight seconds for the full duration of a song, which I am not happy with.

As far as I can tell, they have also removed the feature to play concerts. I am gutted about this. In the first game, I loved the feeling of being able to play in front of a detailed crowd that responded to how well you were playing. Now, all you get are some vague shadows of people that come to you in a sort of mirage whenever you rehearse a song.

Another problem is that the game doesn't run very smoothly for me. The first game did with virtually no problems whatsoever, but with this, I experience a lot of lag which makes the game impossible to play at times.

There are some good things about this game though. An improvement is the ability to instantly go to riff repeater at any section of a song without having to scroll through menus and menus of options, which is excellent and very convenient.

I would also say this game is good for people that have picked up a guitar for the first time. But, the impression I got when I was looking to buy the product was that it was suitable for both beginners AND more advanced players. Unfortunately this game, unlike the previous one, does not cater for the latter very well.
on 3 September 2014
Very good motivational tool, asking for more money to import tracks from the original is a bit naughty. Also I struggle to remember how to play without rocksmith there to prompt me ( I imagine this improves the more time you spend with/without it).
on 12 February 2014
This game has so many lessons available. I have been playing guitar for 8 years and this game still managed to help me.
The session mode is one of the best features i have ever seen in a game.
Must buy!
on 18 January 2014
My husband uses this, and considers it absolutely excellent. There are a number of exercises to slowly build you up, songs to go into to play and the opportunity to recap at any time.

See one answered question