4.0 out of 5 stars Great with Bose

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Doesn't work with B&W zeppelin
Published 3 months ago by Hoxton Assassin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with Bose, 11 May 2013
This review is from: LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo etc - Bose, Pure, Klipsch, Sony, JBL etc! (Electronics)
Works perfectly with Bose dock and iPhone, but not in either my Sony stereo dock or Teac dock. With the latter two, seems to pair ok, just no sound. I had read reviews for other similar Layen products not working with Sony, so I was kind of expecting that. So only 4 stars cause its limited to Bose, otherwise it would have been 5 - great sound and so much more convenient to control music selection from the phone/iPad - love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 July 2013
Ginger Jo (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This wee device looks great on my PURE Contour 100Di. It paired really quickly with my samsung s2, making it so easy to play all my music. I can even control the volume using the volume control on my phone. There is a wee button you can use to pause the device if you need to stop your music quickly.

Excellent service and delivery times. Would definitely recommend this product and this seller as they were very helpful when I contacted them about the suitability of this for my particular docking station.

Thank you LAYEN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Very good, 14 Dec 2013
1 have used it In a while now .
it worked with no problem from the start . easy to pair up ,
l use it on a Bose Sound dock . the sound quality is very good , range is also more than the 10M rated.

the only down point is when pairing these is a very loud sound , very short , but loud enough to make people not expecting it jump.

Would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my Arcam irDock 30 pin. Just do it., 30 Aug 2014
I have a Arcam Solo with an Arcam irDock with a 30 pin Apple connector to play music off the iPhone 4. I was looking for something to enable the Arcam for Bluetooth so I could stream music from my iPhone and iPad mini, or the other Android devices the family have. This would be much better than hovering over the docked phone trying to find my Playlists.

This Layen i-Dock worked perfectly and was a breeze to connect to iOS and Android devices. No discernable difference in sound quality between a docked device and a device playing over Bluetooth via the Layen i-Dock.

Having read other reviews about the good customer service from Layen, I took a punt that the i-Dock would work with my Arcam setup, assured I had support available if needed. As it turned out, no need to worry as the moment I docked the device, hit the Bluetooth connection button, I discovered and connected in seconds and was streaming my favourite playlists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of kit!, 5 May 2014
P. Preston "slayerules" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
With several ipods in the house, most now with the lightning adaptor but my Bose system still taking the old Apple plug, this device is a lifesaver. It worked first time and any bluetooth enabled device can now play music perfectly. The sound is great and the range stretches all over our flat. Absolutely brilliant and saved a fantastic Bose speaker from becoming obsolete.

5.0 out of 5 stars So this seemed a good compromise. It arrived very quickly, 29 Oct 2014
Monkey Toed Freak (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I got this for a Bose Sound Dock bought before Apple introduced the lightning connector. I've used a couple of adapters but the iPod looked fragile balanced on the adapters.
So this seemed a good compromise.
It arrived very quickly, I plugged it in and set up the Bluetooth connection without having to read instructions, it's very easy. Sound quality is very good and having the iPod transmit the music means I can carry the iPod around to select music.
Wish I'd bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Worked immediately and great performance, 10 Dec 2014
Mr. P. A. Honeywell "northantsstar" (Northants UK) - See all my reviews
My Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin is pre-air version with the old 30 pin Apple dock, so having upgraded to the iPhone 6 the connector made it obsolete.

Layen to the rescue! Plugged it in to the dock, easy Bluetooth connection to the new phone, and instant music streaming. Just make sure the speakers are on using the speaker remote.

You can also connect other phones or Bluetooth devices with music.

High quality and compact little device. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose Rejuvenated, 13 Mar 2014
Bought one on the advice of the chaps at Layen that worked perfectly - so bought a second for another bit of otherwise defunct Bose Kit. If you have any doubt about the compatibility send them an email with your hardware and portable devices and they get back to you very quickly with the right product reference - it is not a case of one size fits all. Excellent product and service

5.0 out of 5 stars Blutooth range is good and connected up easy enough, 23 Sep 2014
Item arrived quickly, has the feel of a decent quality product. Blutooth range is good and connected up easy enough. I have a Sony stereo and found reviews for lots of adaptors saying they didn't work with Sony Stereos so I opted to pay a bit more in the vain hope it might work better than the mass produced cheapo versions being sold on Amazon/Ebay. Luckily no problems and very pleased with it, I would definitely recommend. It's more expensive than a lot of similar products available (although I didn't try any of these) but at least there I haven't taken the risk only to buy another or more expensive one. If you wish to save yourself the hassle or taking the gamble on a cheap equivalent this is definitely worth buying, very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Having bought a similar model (BS-1) for our ..., 8 Dec 2014
Great! Having bought a similar model (BS-1) for our 1st gen Bose Sound dock and being very happy with it, I bought this for my son after he commented on the quality. This small device (i-DOCK) fits and looks great on his PURE Avanti and adds another function. It has paired quickly with both HTC and Samsung phones individually (also Nexus 7 and ipad), making it very easy to stream music, youtube etc and fill the room with quality sound.

As described, but take time to check compatibility if unsure. Excellent service and delivery lead times from Layden. I would definitely recommend both this item and the seller. I think soon, I'll be looking for another one for a Logitech Pure-Fi Express if I can ensure compatibility?