5,048 Reviews
 (3,932)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT TRUST AMAZON'S ONE DAY DELIVERY PROMISE.
Do not trust Amazon to deliver a birthday card/ gift card on time for someone's birthday.

I ordered one on Thursday for someone's birthday on the following Saturday. I asked for one-day delivery and received an email later on Thursday to say the card had been dispatched.

Published 26 days ago by Bladesman

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT TRUST AMAZON'S ONE DAY DELIVERY PROMISE., 23 Sep 2014

I assumed that the card had been delivered until I received an email on Tuesday (three days after the birthday) saying it was "being delivered today". There was no apology for the delay and the email was worded as though it was being delivered to my address. When I went to track the order, I found that it had been delivered to the wrong depot on Friday but Amazon had not informed me of this at the time. If they had, I could have made other arrangements (i.e. posting a card myself).

I rang Amazon but all they could suggest was I cancel the order. I explained that it was too late to do that and I made clear my dissatisfaction with their "service".The person I spoke made the usual profound apologies and said they would address these issues.

Incredibly, I then received an email from them timed at 19.02 informing me that they had "tried but failed to deliver my order today".
I rang them and the person I spoke to said it could not be posted through the letterbox at the recipient's address because "no one was in to give them permission"(sic), I explained that nowhere on their Gift Card page was it explained that someone had to be in to take delivery and also pointed out the difficulty of ensuring this when delivery was to a third party. All they could do was to apologise again.

To add insult to injury, when I looked again at the tracking information, I found that they were now claiming that the delivery had been rescheduled for later in the week "at the sender's request!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force, 11 May 2014
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was out. When I collected it from the post office they could not understand why as it is not a 'signed for' item. Therefore if you are not going to be at home all the next day I would not recommend choosing next day delivery, simply stick to the normal royal mail delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 18 Oct 2011

However, I came onto Amazon and saw the gift card link and was happy to see there is a Kindle gift card design. Ordered a £20 gift card on a Sunday and received it by Tuesday, so service was excellent.

The gift card design itself is very nice and the package comes with an enveloped and a card to write a message.

After the gift card is received its also very simple to input it into Amazon and actually use it.

Would definitely recommend for Kindle users and for birthday's, it is an excellent and speedy service and I cannot fault it at all.

The only thing I hope for is that Amazon add a few more gift card amount options, for example £15, £25 etc.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you just don't know what to buy. . ., 13 April 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
or just don't have time to go to the shops because you spend too much time browsing Amazon! Yes! 2 hours have passed and the housework still isn't done :( *goes to plump cushions up before the missus gets in*

I ordered this for my daughters boyfriend for his birthday as he's an awkward bugger to buy for and this enables him to pick his own stuff. I've never bought one before either!

I chose a birthday style and it came in a blank (inside) card with a blank envelope so if you wanted you could just use this as a birthday card too rather than buy one. If you're tight like me!

So he was happy with it and it also enabled him to spend several hours of his life browsing Amazon to spend thirty quid! It's all part of the big plan you know? Get everybody addicted via gift cards. . .

I'll definitely be getting more. See! I'm addicted after only one gift card!

Recommended to all lazy shoppers, if you haven't got time or you're an Amazon addict ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, 20 Dec 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Time saver, 17 Nov 2012
Arrived on time, packaged well,ideal present for some; didn't want to give my relative the money in cash, as he would of drank it. The only thing i am weary of is that you have to use them within 90 days, this is blatant opportunism in Amazon's part in my opinion. There is no reason i can think of that would make a piece of plastic with a code on it expire after 90 days...other than Amazon setting an arbitrary time limit and hoping the card is not used by then, win win situation for them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 16 Sep 2014
Ordered 21 August, still have not received - now 16 September. No available method of contacting Amazon to check status, all I can see is that the parcel is "in transit", as has been the case for the last three weeks. Would have expected some apology for the delay, or a replacement sent as the original package has clearly been lost. This is my only avenue for complaint and I sincerely hope Amazon sort it out promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 3 Oct 2011
Gift card came day after ordering - thought service was excellent and just as promised. I was extremely happy with design and look of product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was going to get a gift card for retirement gift ..., 15 Aug 2014
Was going to get a gift card for retirement gift from the office bit did not want something flowery as for a man and did not want something with letter "A" all over it. What is the point of advertising on a gift card "A" for amazon when it has to be spent with them and states so. also why a limit on the time. So instead am not buying it via Amazon. I do not have a first class printer so cannot use the print option and email... who the hell wants an email card as a going away voucher!.

Sorry amazon-- you let me down as first port of call, you weren't my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 years from purchase expiry date, 14 Sep 2014
I wasn't happy about the time it took for Amazon to dispatch a birthday gift card so I would recommend next day delivery. I would rather pick up from the sorting office than not have it on time.

That said, this is the ideal way to do Xmas shopping in advance. Great for anyone who already buys online or uses a kindle etc. Plus free standard delivery would be fine for that.

Another reviewer commented on a 90 day expiry etc. This was the offer she accepted from Amazon. If you go for one of these special offers, YOUR voucher code has an expiry date, most likely a couple of months. ..the gift cards can be redeemed 10 years from the date of purchase! The voucher code can only be redeemed against products sold by Amazon. It did state this in the email I received and just thought I should comment on this in case it put anyone off an otherwise potentially great gift for someone. ..

I do think Amazon seem to be phasing out selling other brands themselves though, making redemption choices limited for their existing customers buying into these deals and spending thier money. Step up Amazon!

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £20  (Kindle Fire)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £20 (Kindle Fire) by Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates