8,322 Reviews
 (6,725)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was...
Published 10 months ago by Ali B

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly although no personal message!, 22 Nov. 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.

1.0 out of 5 stars you have to hand over a pathetic invoice, complete with all your personal details, 21 Dec. 2014
Don't bother asking for a message in the card. They won't do it. They only print it on the invoice, meaning for the other person to actually see the message, you have to hand over a pathetic invoice, complete with all your personal details. Which is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.
Also, ignore the "Guaranteed next day delivery" bit. Because they can't do that either.
Rubbish. And amazon don't care much going by their emails.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift card, 12 Sept. 2014
Susman "Susman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Like other reviewers have mentioned what can you write about a gift card? Well in terms of delivery it came within the quoted time frame, and was posted through the door. The card itself was a nice design and you are able to write a little message for the recipient. Inside the card there is your bog standard credit card sized card, with a voucher code. All in all a good product that does what it is designed for, and useful if you are unsure on what to get as present for that special someone.

2.0 out of 5 stars It IS a card. But message is separate or not even printed on invoice., 7 Dec. 2011
A. J. Sturgess "Alan Sturgess" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I'm RE-editing an earlier review and knocking off ANOTHER star because the same problem that I referred to before is still present ...

Some reviews suggest that these gift cards weren't actually cards - well, the ones that I have ordered DID come as folded cards with the plastic card inside detailing the amount of the gift and also showing the code reference need to redeem them.

The private messages, however, were printed onto the invoice/receipt and are NOT printed onto the card. The result is tatty AND any formatting (such as if you write a verse) is ignored and you just get a block of text. The Amazon description should make it REALLY clear that messages are NOT printed onto the cards and that any formatting you use will be trashed. The current Amazon approach is sloppy and cheapskate. The least they could do is to retain formatting and to print the message in a box with a simple decorate border so that when cut out it looks better and more professional.

I have no complaints about the cards themselves. They're good quality and they arrive quickly. But any future voucher cards that I order will probably cause me to think again about the star rating if this weakness isn't addressed and solved.

Thus far I have started with 4; Then it was a '3'.

UPDATE - Now I'm down to 2 stars.
Unless Amazon actually print messages onto cards, my future reviews will be re-rated as 1 star. (This last time, I didn't even get a paper printout of the message I wrote!)

Come on Amazon, get your act together and produce a voucher that's got some quality --- or at least describe it more accurately and completely. Either do the job properly or don't even suggest the idea.

(Not that anyone in their offices will give a s--t. All they want is the money.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, amazing quality!, 9 Dec. 2014
Wow! I ordered this £20 card without being sure it would be compatible with my Amazon account. Boy, what a pleasant surprise! Not only did the card arrive perfectly packaged in a tasteful Amazon envelope, but the quality and attention to detail is phenomenal, and it all worked flawlessly out of the box!

The card itself is made from high quality cardboard with a perfectly printed festive picture. The size is perfect for opening by hand, and the card is very easy to set up and stand on any level surface where there's enough space - I found that it's perfectly compatible with my kitchen window ledge.

Once mounted, the card will happily sit there and lighten your day every time you look at it. It's extremely quiet - I doubt you'll hear it operating at all - and it doesn't need any external power supplies to operate properly - how do they do that?!

Additionally, inside the card there is a credit-card sized, equally well fashioned piece of plastic. It is perfectly manufactured, and the attention to detail is something to behold. The plastic is nice and light, and it will fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. I'm still amazed that they managed to squeeze so much into such a small device!

The plastic has a silvered panel that hides the all important activation code for the gift part of the card, and it is very easy to scrape away to reveal the code underneath (handy tip: as the plastic card is fully waterproof (to 30+ meters) you can safely scrape the silver panel off under a running tap to wash away the silvering, otherwise you may have a small, silvery mess to clear up afterwards - this is my only gripe with the otherwise fantastic product).

Once the code is revealed, it's a very simple task of entering the details into your Amazon account. It can be a bit tricky to perform, especially if you're dyslexic, as the code is quite long - if needed, it may help to get assistance entering the code. I do wonder if the complicated code would be better placed with something a bit more 'human friendly' like a word or phrase - maybe something like "Amazon Twenty Quid" would make life easier, but, hey, nothing's perfect! :-)

Then the fun part - you should find that you now have £20 on your Amazon account you can spend on almost anything! Yes! Imagine that! Twenty whole pounds - for free! Amazing!

Cost - £20, and you get £20 to spend = outstanding value for such a well built quality product. How they can make any money from this, goodness knows. I, for one, will be more than happy to purchase more gift cards in the future!

Highly recommended! Thanks Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sept. 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

1.0 out of 5 stars One day delivery, 15 Sept. 2012
Kalman - See all my reviews
Don't order gift card if you really want for the next day, I placed two gift card orders during the last week and both of the times it did not arrive by guaranteed delivery date. Very poor amazon service (they used both of the times royal mail service). Customer service is only able to say sorry and they told me that I should wait up to one week for delivery (which is acceptable if the delivery service is economy but they offer next day's one...)

2.0 out of 5 stars put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from, 31 July 2014
Seemed to be no option to customise this card so it went to my nephew with no message or anything as to who had sent it to him!! I bought it thinking I'd get the option to customise it (i.e. put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from...so and so) nbut nothing came up, by which time money was already paid and order placed. Not good customer service, and I won't buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at unexpected poor service!, 14 Nov. 2014
Ordered on 5th Nov 14 as a gift for a birthday on the 10th - received an email on the 7th saying it had been dispatched but due to a problem it was invalid and I would be receiving a new one. Neither have arrived - it is now the 14th! Very poor service! I'm surprised as usually have no complaints about anything I have ordered! Extremely disappointed on this occasion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and accurate, 28 Sept. 2011
R. Hibben "Knight365" (West Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I was most impressed with the ease of ordering this item. The speed with which my order was processed and shipped was indeed excellent. I had left ordering a little late for a birthday this week, but I need not have worried. Thank you Amazon!

Regards

Roger Hibben

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £10  (Birthday Presents)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £10 (Birthday Presents) by Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates