3,801 Reviews
 (2,902)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Its a good idea but a little tricky to use if you are planning on buying one for use with a Kindle
Published 5 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 18 Oct 2011

However, I came onto Amazon and saw the gift card link and was happy to see there is a Kindle gift card design. Ordered a 20 gift card on a Sunday and received it by Tuesday, so service was excellent.

The gift card design itself is very nice and the package comes with an enveloped and a card to write a message.

After the gift card is received its also very simple to input it into Amazon and actually use it.

Would definitely recommend for Kindle users and for birthday's, it is an excellent and speedy service and I cannot fault it at all.

The only thing I hope for is that Amazon add a few more gift card amount options, for example 15, 25 etc.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time saver, 17 Nov 2012
Arrived on time, packaged well,ideal present for some; didn't want to give my relative the money in cash, as he would of drank it. The only thing i am weary of is that you have to use them within 90 days, this is blatant opportunism in Amazon's part in my opinion. There is no reason i can think of that would make a piece of plastic with a code on it expire after 90 days...other than Amazon setting an arbitrary time limit and hoping the card is not used by then, win win situation for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider shopping experience for the receiver, 22 Sep 2011
N. Vaughan (Hereford, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This is my first gift card I have purchased and it went really well. I was due to buy a birthday present for my sister but just couldn't think of anything she could make real use of.

So instead I opted to buy her an Amazon gift voucher with the added bonus of a card. Unlike your run of the mill high street gift voucher, the Amazon gift card provides a massive choice of products ranging from virtually anything, without the restriction of high street products.

Simply place the long string of code on the back of the gift card (that looks like a credit card) at the checkout on Amazon and you'll get credited for the amount you paid on the card. Whatever value you've added on the card, you won't be charged a penny more. You will also get your gift card sent to you with free delivery.

The gift card is stuck in a birthday style card so you only need to write a message in the card and on the white envelope the card comes in.

If you've run out of ideas for a gift then let them buy something they really want with an Amazon Gift Card. This will be my choice from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 3 Oct 2011
Gift card came day after ordering - thought service was excellent and just as promised. I was extremely happy with design and look of product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 19 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Who from?, 22 July 2013
Just ordered a Kindle voucher for my friends birthday gift. I would normally print the voucher but because the printer is playing up I chose to take advantage of the free next day delivery option and have it delivered straight to her home.

I didn't realise that I hadn't been given the opportunity to add a message until I'd completed the process, so I'm guessing that she won't know who the voucher is from and that there'll be no 'Happy Birthday' message inside.

Seems I'm going to have to ring and tell her all about her 'surprise' before it's delivered.

More than a bit disappointed about that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Note, 1 Dec 2011
This was quickly delivered today from yesterday, however I had to stay in the house all day just to wait for this delivery as it needed a "signature".
I was told the latest they will be delivered would be at 3pm.
I did not hear a knock until I found this parcel through my letterbox and checked with the tracking site to see how long ago this was delivered (just before 3pm).
What a waste of my day!
Opened the parcel up to get the card out and see what and how they wrote the Gift Note in, as I've requested for one.
I was disappointed with this as I was expected the note to be written inside the gift card, not on some piece of paper on a packing slip outside the envelope with a card and gift voucher inside!

Don't bother writing a Gift Note for this or any Gift cards on here - just order it as everything else is fine - then you can write a note yourself in a card.
It would be better if they mentioned where they are going to put the note in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle voucher, 22 Oct 2011
Bought a Kindle for my hubbie and as an add on got him the voucher to start him off for his first books, so easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars No 15 Christmas Vouchers, 4 Dec 2012
Why oh why are there no 15 Christmas vouchers available? I can order them for Birthdays or Thank yous, but not Christmas. Is this an oversight or yet another cynical way to get people to buy more than they want? Sorry Amazon,this is extremely poor.

2.0 out of 5 stars It IS a card. But message is separate or not even printed on invoice., 7 Dec 2011
A. J. Sturgess "Alan Sturgess" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I'm RE-editing an earlier review and knocking off ANOTHER star because the same problem that I referred to before is still present ...

Some reviews suggest that these gift cards weren't actually cards - well, the ones that I have ordered DID come as folded cards with the plastic card inside detailing the amount of the gift and also showing the code reference need to redeem them.

The private messages, however, were printed onto the invoice/receipt and are NOT printed onto the card. The result is tatty AND any formatting (such as if you write a verse) is ignored and you just get a block of text. The Amazon description should make it REALLY clear that messages are NOT printed onto the cards and that any formatting you use will be trashed. The current Amazon approach is sloppy and cheapskate. The least they could do is to retain formatting and to print the message in a box with a simple decorate border so that when cut out it looks better and more professional.

I have no complaints about the cards themselves. They're good quality and they arrive quickly. But any future voucher cards that I order will probably cause me to think again about the star rating if this weakness isn't addressed and solved.

Thus far I have started with 4; Then it was a '3'.

UPDATE - Now I'm down to 2 stars.
Unless Amazon actually print messages onto cards, my future reviews will be re-rated as 1 star. (This last time, I didn't even get a paper printout of the message I wrote!)

Come on Amazon, get your act together and produce a voucher that's got some quality --- or at least describe it more accurately and completely. Either do the job properly or don't even suggest the idea.

(Not that anyone in their offices will give a s--t. All they want is the money.)

ARRAY(0x9f30f444)

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 500  (Christmas Tree Lights)
500.00