1,226 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read!!!!
Over the last few years I have dreaded Martina's yearly books whilst I opened each one with hope that she had at last gotten her mo Jo back I was disappointed with the mediocre quality of the books she churned out.

Revenge i am happy to say is Martina Cole nearly at her best once again! I found myself completely immersed in the story and could not put this book...
Published 14 months ago by WomanofSoul

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish... not a patch on her earlier books!!!!!!!!!
I am an avid Martina Cole fan and have every one of her books.
I have started to read Martina's books all again.... in order... right from the very first book she wrote, and am thoroughly enjoying each & every one. I broke off to read her latest one Revenge, but was so disappointed with it.
I kept putting it down as it was so boring and dull, but then decided...
Published 5 months ago by Freda Priddy

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 11 May 2014
S. Richardson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I was going to give up on MC following equally poor previous books but, judging from the good reviews, I thought I would give this a try. As other reviewwers have said, it is repetitive, boring and littered with totally unnecessary bad language. I am no prude but there is really no need for as many 'f' words - sad and pathetic. I wish MC would go back to her roots and write about likeable characters instead of the same old gangsters (and irish and catholic at that). Incredibly boring and I am speed reading and missing out chunks just to get to the end in the vain hope of a decent finish. I won't hold my breath. Martina, Kimberly Chambers knocks you for 6. Read her books and get your mojo back because I won't be buying another of your very boring gangster books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wash Your Mouth Out!, 6 Dec 2013
John Murray "John M" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
A fairly predictable gangster story but quite entertaining. If you haven't identified the bad guy by 25% through the book you are not concentrating. But - to my mind the whole book is ruined by foul language. Yes I know that the author is probably trying to replicate the way that London gangsters talk and think but 9 (yes nine) F's & C's in one paragraph is simply offensive. No, I'm not a prude but a retired builder so I know all about swearing but I really can't see the point of countless swear words - particularly the C word - littering the story. My first, and last, Martina Cole download. As my old mother would have said "wash your mouth out with soap and water".

4.0 out of 5 stars A good exhilarating read, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Very well written book, if you like Jessie Keane this is great.coming to the end of the book it was a little ling winded and the ending was a little unexpected not the happy ending you expect

5.0 out of 5 stars revenge is mighty sweet, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Another fabulous brilliant read from outstanding author... The only problem is how long until the next one??? Thank you marina cole x

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
As usual Marinia Cole at her best .. I can never guess the end of any of her books ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Nail biting, scary - exactly what you would expect from a Martina Cole novel, 9 Nov 2013
M. Innes "bookwormmaureen" (kent, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This is a typical Martina Cole novel - thrilling, suspenseful. I really enjoyed it. FIrst MC kindle novel for me,
Maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic!!!!! Loved every minute of it didn't expect it to end like it did but that's the best with martina she keeps up the suspense!worth every penny roll on her next one l

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Revenge. Always 5 stars for Martinas books fantastic hurry up with the next one can't read them quick enough. Best one for a long time . Revenge by Martina Cole.

1.0 out of 5 stars She has sold how many books?, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Hardcover)
Prose as gripping and colourful as a bowl of rice pudding.

Writing well is a difficult thing to do and the author of this book reminded me throughout.

On a positive note, I did finish the novel as I was worried it might improve. I needn't have worried.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again !!, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I have every book Martina Cole has written. Loved the early ones but the last three or four - diabolical. I will not be buying anymore. Thought a few times that it wasn't even her who wrote it. Have a rest Martina and get back to your old ways. This one was the worst .

Revenge