1,381 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read!!!!
Over the last few years I have dreaded Martina's yearly books whilst I opened each one with hope that she had at last gotten her mo Jo back I was disappointed with the mediocre quality of the books she churned out.

Published 19 months ago by WomanofSoul

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbsh
Please stop writing books, you are just exploiting the fans year after year. This book is just copy and paste page after page with no story line or point to any of it. What happened to the lady that wrote "faceless" and "two women"???? Terrible..
Published 17 months ago by angela mason

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read!!!!, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)

Revenge i am happy to say is Martina Cole nearly at her best once again! I found myself completely immersed in the story and could not put this book down! I won't spoil the story for anyone but I found the whole book riveting and the who dunnit element a real guessing game, she set the story perfectly and you are left thinking just who would dare to come after the Flynn's.

The characters were strong and there were some points where I truly was shocked at the turn of the story.

Her books in the last couple of years seemed to pad out a lot of the story and she often repeated her story and characters points of view over and over until you were at screaming point, except for some chapters at the end of this book that just stop me giving the book the full 5 stars MC refrained from doing this and the strength of her writing shines through! Like I say except for near the end when she seemed to lose the story a little this book reminds me of Martina's early work and I am really glad I didn't give up on her!

A great read that will keep you up into the dead of the night.... Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back at her best., 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This is Martina Cole back to her best. I loved this book from start to finish, couldn't put it down. I honestly never knew what the outcome was going to be and I hope there's a follow up. So if your reading this Martina there needs to be a follow up. Absolutely brilliant book. Back on her throne and hopefully there to stay if she writes another one like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
As per usual with Martina Cole's books, i could not put this one down, lives up to expectation, only problem will have to wait another year for her next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars doesn't disappoint, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant thriller from Martina Cole. She builds the tension carefully until the reader is breathless. As usual, the characters are well drawn and believable. I hope to hear more about Michael Flynn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Martine write with such integrity and grit you feel like your stood at the side of the characters living and breathing there every moment I laughed cried jumped and gasped with horror fabulous thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Martina never fails to deliver!, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. Really difficult to put down. Read it in 2 days. Fabulous storylines. Liked that loose ends were also tied up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Martina Cole Heading Back To the Top, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Hardcover)
I have read all the Martina Cole books and found over the last few years I could have howled in frustration at how rushed and souless they had become. I considered not buying Revenge bacause I didn't think I could bear another disappointment. This is the woman that has created some of the greatest characters of modern times; think Ladykiller and The Jump.
Although Revenge is not quite up there with, say Two Women, it is definitely a step in the right direction. Is is pacy, shocking and gripping.
If I could say one thing to Martina about the books she has written lately, it would be that the very best ones always had a character that her readers really cared about, someone that, even if we couldn't quite identify with, we could see how they had got in the position they had found themselves. They were always brave, likeable and engaging. We knew their families and backgrounds because they were always familiar to ourselves. Martina readers need a character to champion in these books! This is what has been lacking from the newer books. Long live the revival.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbsh, 20 Dec. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Wash Your Mouth Out!, 6 Dec. 2013
John Murray "John M" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
A fairly predictable gangster story but quite entertaining. If you haven't identified the bad guy by 25% through the book you are not concentrating. But - to my mind the whole book is ruined by foul language. Yes I know that the author is probably trying to replicate the way that London gangsters talk and think but 9 (yes nine) F's & C's in one paragraph is simply offensive. No, I'm not a prude but a retired builder so I know all about swearing but I really can't see the point of countless swear words - particularly the C word - littering the story. My first, and last, Martina Cole download. As my old mother would have said "wash your mouth out with soap and water".

4.0 out of 5 stars A good exhilarating read, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
Very well written book, if you like Jessie Keane this is great.coming to the end of the book it was a little ling winded and the ending was a little unexpected not the happy ending you expect

Revenge