5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Brilliant.
This is a brilliant piece of kit. I repainted 14 fence panels 5-10 minutes each using good quality (not diluted for sprays) fence paint.
Infinitely better than other sprays I've used in the past which were messy and clogged constantly.
I highly recommend it.
Published 22 months ago by M WALLEY

3.0 out of 5 stars a little bit flimsy
unfortunately not as good as i required or expected. i wanted a machine to spray staircase spindles and woodwork to doors etc..
and this required the paint to be thinned so much that it was barely worth putting it on.
it may work well for small items of furniture.
Published 18 months ago by chris matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Brilliant., 30 Aug. 2013
I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System, 5 Mar. 2014
Antoine Camilleri (Malta) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
Bought this spray gun at a lightning deal price of around £45 and am very glad I did.

The HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) system works great for applying primers to any type of surface and also finish on wood.
Wagner is renound for producing great spray guns and this gun is no exception. This is a quality budget spray system (as the compressor is included) which is so easy to use and maintain.

It is very well suited for odd jobs around the house or garden where it would be impossible to carry a large compressor. Yet I have used it on walls too, with some awesome results.

The W610 is very easy to clean, also thanks to today's water based sprays. I did find that I could use normal paints also, without even thinning them. So this gun will handle normal wood paints and varnishes with ease.

I really like this little spray system, and would highly recommend it to anyone into DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars Used many times with good results, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
I used to buy spray varnish and paints to finish my craft and DIY projects at up to £10 a can and they don't cover much.
With this I can easily control the the thickness of each coat of finish/paint, I've used water and oil based paints and varnish with top quality results every time. I would advise always doing a test spay on some scrap material to adjust the flow or the speed you move over the surface. With oil based products I've had to thin with about 5% white spirit but water based seems to work ok straight from the tin. Be ready to put multiple coats on your project to avoid the dimpling or runs you get if you try cover in one thick coat but because of the speed and ease of use this isn't a great problem. I recommend you use a primer especially on absorbent materials such as MDF.

As with any tool it's not a magic wand and is only as good as the person who's using it. Having said that it is very forgiving and with a little practice and adjustment even a none DIYer will get good results with very little mess (make sure you mask around your project but there isn't much over spray). It's easy to clean especially if you use water based products and I've found that if I'm leaving coats to dry overnight I can just put a plastic bag over the spray gun and take it off the next day and away I go. With practice I'm now producing furniture that looks like it's professionally sprayed.
I get great coverage so compared to the aerosols the savings have paid for the spray system already. I would also recommend getting the system with the separate gun and air unit (W610), I got mine on offer for just over £50 but if it ever stopped working I'd happily pay more to replace it.

4.0 out of 5 stars and then onto the next panel - MUCH better than continuously having to dip brush into pot and ..., 5 May 2015
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
Purchased this 'on the cheap' through an Amazon lightning deal, mainly to paint my garden fences. I found that it worked perfectly ok with normal Ronseal brush on fence paint, and I did not have to use the more expensive 'sprayable' version of the paint. 5 minutes flat and a 6' x 6' panel was painted. A 2 minute brush over to ensure any runs were evenly spread, and then onto the next panel - MUCH better than continuously having to dip brush into pot and drip paint all over the strip of floor / paving / grass along bottom of fence. When first delivered, I popped out to the garden to test it on one panel and couldn't stop going as it was........quite enjoyable actually. Consumed one pot (circa 850ml) per side of a 6x6 panel. Note:- don't use it with any breeze or wind or else paint won't hit target. Also, much easier on the side of my garden where I had timber posts which needed painting, as masking concrete posts other side of garden was very difficult. I doubt I'd use this indoors for internal walls as the whole house would be covered in paint.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little bit flimsy, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
it may work well for small items of furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has saveed me countless hours on a ceiling rose and ..., 17 July 2014
A. J. Gilmour - See all my reviews
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
Has saveed me countless hours on a ceiling rose and architrave. For fiddly work, this is exactly the right tool - don't think I would be persuaded to use on walls, as quicker with a roller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made fence painting fun!, 24 May 2015
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
Bought this on a Black Friday deal last year to make the biannual fence painting hopefully a little easier. Used for the first time today and within an hour had sprayed a quarter of the outside woodwork. This would have take four or five hours previously (or longer). It worked great. Took a while to get the flow rate right but that's part of the setup. All in, using this to apply a clear wood preserver worked brilliantly. I'm hoping it will be easy to maintain and the unit lasts but at this point it's turned a mare of a job into a fun one.

5.0 out of 5 stars W610 paint sprayer, 9 Dec. 2013
Philip J. Vickers "PhilV" (England, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
This was a great bargain in the "Black Friday" deals and it's a great product. Previous sprayers I tried would not handle gloopy fence preservatives but this made no problems at all. Dead easy to assemble and use and I sprayed a dozen large fence panels in much less than an hour. One teensy quibble, which does not merit loss of a star, is that the paint container is very small and you end up refilling it every other minute. Well pleased with this gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
Perfect for the job I wanted this for and cheaper than I had imagined so very happy with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 2 minutes, 19 April 2014
This review is from: W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System (DIY & Tools)
I used Ronseal fence treatment and this "Spray System" worked for 2 minutes - after that nothing came out. An hour later I was fed up wasting time and got my brush out and finished the 99.9% of the fencing still outstanding. I could either then waste more time cleaning it out or bin it. I couldn't justify wasting more time so reluctantly went for the latter option.

Good job I bought it cheap from Amazon in one of their 'crash' sales or I would have been more concerned. Probably clogged somewhere but couldn't see where and flushing it out hadn't worked. I needed to get on and do the job - the brush was slower but at least it was reliable!

Waste of time and money. Never again!

W610 HVLP Fine Paint Spray System