4.0 out of 5 stars Great steering wheel for racing games and simulators!
I bought this to replace my Logitech Driving Force GT. I loved that wheel and it made driving games so much more entertaining that with mouse + keyboard or an Xbox 360 control but it lacked the H-shifter and clutch that I really wanted to make my experience even better.

Published 7 months ago by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Logitech G27 review.
Bought a Logitech for last Christmas and I must say, despite all the great reviews and feedback for this wheel I am unable to recommend this product or give it any sort of credit. First of all, my first G27 arrived in its original packaged already broken with the middle (brake) pedal forced into the spring mechanism which jammed making the entire wheel useless. After 2...
Published 7 days ago by Camile Berkmiller

4.0 out of 5 stars Great steering wheel for racing games and simulators!, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal Set (PS3/PC DVD) (Accessory)

This wheel is amazing. The build quality is superb - far greater than that of the DFGT (though that's sturdy enough!) and the H-shifter makes your games so much more immersive.

My only gripe about the H-shifter is that it doesn't have 7 forward gears and so I've had to assign reverse to 7th gear in games where some vehicles have 7 gears. This is a minor nuisance as you'll usually have to hold some other button down when reversing, but for my main use (Euro Truck Simulator 2), the 6 gear H-shifter is perfect! I've modded the game to allow the 6 positions to control 24 gears allowing me to use this wheel with other mods that I use which is just even more awesome.

The little LEDs don't natively work with many games, but they can be made to work with a wonderful and free program called FanaLEDs. This gives you customisable control over what LEDs light up and when which is quite awesome.

Another little thing about this which is not so amazing is that there are only 8 easily accessible buttons (6 on the front and the two paddle shifts) when you're driving and you have to move your hand to the H-shifter module to press the other buttons and D-pad. It's not a problem in a lot of games, but there are some games that you wish you had just a couple more buttons on the wheel for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous..., 21 Oct 2013
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, I I already had an older version of the GT25, which I got rid of 2 years ago, then I had the T500RS, which malfunctioned 2 months, Thrustmaster failed to replace it and the amount of mails I sent and received, was a joke, so it got relegated to the abyss(i.e. far right corner of my garage) also, I never had time to play. Anyway, this is the latest incarnation of the GT27, I believe they have changed this version, to incorporate 6 speed gearbox and also helical gear system. This means the force feedback is now silent not like the noise of the previous version. The brake spring tension is better also, so solid overall.

This is a robust product, good feel and weight distribution. It looks and feels nice. To do this real justice you will either need a playseat or the wheel pro. The whole point is that you live the driver experience. I have a playseat anyway, so it was just a matter of clamping it all on and I was ready to go. Also, I recommend an USB extension cable, as the USB cord with the GT27 I feel is still not long enough, another metre would have been sufficient.

Anyway, now to the gaming experience on PS3 and PC. F1 2013 on PC with the GT27 is flawless, you can really tell the difference, the software picks up the wheel and auto adjusts it and I'm ready to rumble. You can really feel the difference, it feels just as good as the T500rs wheel for GT5, I prefer the gear shifters on the T500rs, but these are still good.
Now on the PS3 it picks up the whell and you can control everything with the joypad and buttons on the shifter. The T500rs has this on the wheel, but it's not an issue with me. The force feedback is strong and it really does feel like a real experience around hairpin bends and corners. Really does feel good.
So, overall works a treat, even if I disconnect the cable, it re-centres itself again when reconnected, so big thumbs up. I like it and compared to the T500rs it is cheaper and in my personal opinion just as good, why spend more. Also, logitech support have always been very good.

So, pair this with a playseat or the wheel stand Pro and you have a solid driving experience.
I can't fault it, now lets just hope it lasts as long as it looks. I'll update this review if I experience any issues. But, as of now it has to be 5 stars.

Word of warning, the children will be playing this till the cows come home and I mean this literally. But, it keeps them away from mischief, so I'm not complaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daddy of Steering Wheels Controllers, 28 Nov 2013
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having previously owned a much cheaper wheel (sub 50), I got this thinking how much better can a controller costing 5 times more really be, well my concerns were well and truly laid to rest on immediately unpacking and setting up the wheel in a suitable location. This really is streets ahead of anything else I have owned, even the cheaper G25.

Setting up is reasonably straight forward and most users should not have to resort to the owner manual, its simply a case of finding a suitable surface to mount the main wheel unit onto, connecting up the power supply unit and also the pedal controls to the main unit, and then your good to race.

Firstly the design aspects, on examining the wheel you quickly realise that this is no ordinary steering wheel compared to much cheaper models. The leather covered steering wheel makes a huge improvement over a synthetic covering and is particularly noticeable when you driving intensively for a while and the sweat starts to build up on your palms, the wheel does not in this situation feel slippery but very manageable. The steering wheel provides a full 900 degree left lock to right lock just a as you would find in a real car, adding to the ultimate realism you are used to. The wheel and gear paddle controls are of a high quality stainless steel construction giving a feel reminiscent of that of a real car .The force feedback from the steering is absolutely sublime, and you get to feel everything from driving over rumble strips, being shunted from behind or crashing. Each experience feels authentic and realistic allowing you to easily distinguish virtually what the car is experiencing intimately, just as you would in real life. The steering unit comes with an easy to read LED RPM display indicating optimal gear changing, further improving and enhancing the experience. The main wheel also offers paddle controls mounted immediately behind the wheel, which some gamers prefer, and give good solid gear change control, personally I prefer the dedicated gear change control as this offers a more realistic immersive experience and often provides slightly more control, but others will prefer the paddles for convenience. Additional plastic programmable buttons to control various aspects are mounted almost flush into the steering wheel providing quick easy access to a variety of functions within easy reach, however in intense race situation finding these can sometimes be slightly frustrating.

The gear shift provides a six (6 forward + reverse) speed gear shift control similar to a real car and provide a very realistic look and feel further enhancing the the experience of racing. The gear selector is easy to use and completely authentic (even incorporating the the gear position diagram found on typical gear lever knobs in real cars!)

The pedal controls are again constructed from a high quality stainless steel, and definitely provide a solid, convincing feel that will provide many years of usage. Just like in a real car the accelerator pedal feels lighter in use, with the brake pedal giving a heavier feel, and the clutch pedal feeling somewhere in between. With the right set-up and racing games supporting all three pedals the whole experience of control is on another level, the likes of which you simply cannot experience without a controller of this quality. The pedal controls are studded with rubber grips to prevent feet slipping off the pedals in use (even on carpets and other slippy surfaces). The pedal unit comes fitted with non slip rubber feet so should ensure the pedals don't keep sliding all over the place even under intense usage. The control and overall feedback that the pedals offer I feel really do add greatly to the overall experience, taking it form virtual to believable!

Conclusion:
Overall this will greatly enhance the experience of your racing/driving games, helping you to achieve better lap times, more control and generally a much more involved and immersive experience that will definitely put a smile on your face that perhaps a more conventional controller could never match. Whilst its seems a large investment to make, you really will start to understand why, as it takes your gaming experience to another level. Overall the unit is reasonably compact so you shouldn't require acres of desktop or living room space to use it.

Pros:
* Leather clad steering
* Full 900 degree rotation
* Strong positive force feedback
* Solid stainless steel durable construction
* Easily accessible steering wheel buttons
* Good set-up software to customise forces
* Dedicated manual gear shift lever
* Excellent pedals feel (with proper clutch pedal)
* Small form factor
* Hugely tweakable / customisable

Cons:
* Require suitable table mount to use properly
* Various cables can look untidy
* Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Jun 2014
S. Chappell (w.midlands, uk) - See all my reviews
This is an amazing piece of equipment, we mostly use it for euro truck simulator 2. The pedals can be adjusted through the computer for resistance. The gear stick is a real manual stick, which can be placed either on the left or the right of wheel. It takes a little getting used to but I don't even drive and I was manually driving on euro truck using this wheel. The only negative which is very small is the buttons have no writing on, so when you are trying to learn your setup you need to take note of what button is called what, as well as what they do. We made small labels so I could learn exactly what buttons are for what.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wheel, ideal for GT5, 13 Nov 2013
Null Unit (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First thing that I immediately noticed about this wheel was just how high quality it is. Likewise for the pedals and for the gears.

I setup the wheel with my PS3 and started playing some GT5; this is amazing.

It completely changed the way I played the game. It is so easy to get up and running in the game, and it turns what is normally quite a pedestrian game in to a full on sim. I found myself becoming much better at the game using the wheels and pedals. I tried using the shifter for a while but didn't really get on with it. I managed just fine with the gear paddles, mind.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this wheel for someone who wants to get serious with their racing games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for GT6, 21 Mar 2014
I have just upgraded from my Driving a Force GT. The pedals are amazing on this by comparison. The feedback is not as strong as Force GT and I miss my PS buttons for general navigation ease (but you soon get used it). Also having a really good gear stick & clutch makes a Sunday drive in the slower cars enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 29 Aug 2014
The force feedback is a little on the loud side but that is to be expected and not much can be done about it. Plug and play, away you go nice and easy. Very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!Awesome!!!, 8 Mar 2014
I had an s***y ps2 wheel before now this is my update wheel and it is just awesome. it just screams quality everywhere. had it for a month now and i have no complaints , no noises either

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy., 21 Aug 2013
As a present for a 'technical wizard' teen it is always difficult to get it just right. With this set all the specs were technically spot on and I have a very happy son, even if the noise from his room has increased!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 18 Mar 2014
This is my first wheel and its great glad I went for a more expensive product if you want a wheel buy this one for sure

Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal Set (PS3/PC DVD)
Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal Set (PS3/PC DVD) by Logitech (PlayStation 3, Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
224.59