5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, Brilliant software.
Published 18 months ago by Jack Chakotay

3.0 out of 5 stars And now, on the mouse organ
Published 18 months ago by Dr. Michael Heron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, Brilliant software., 28 Nov. 2013
Jack Chakotay "Ender Brazil" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Let me start by saying this gaming keyboard is cheap with many functions that make it a superior product for its price bracket. Out of the box there is backlighting with control, media controls and antighosting. Load up the software available from logitech's website and you have a profile modes for game settings and programmable macros. This is comprehensive and powerful and I know there is a Call of Duty version that my CoD mad friends swear by. One of the functions even allows you to lock out Window keys/functions.

I am slightly taken aback by the myriad of negative reviews. I agree that the keys are noisy and they need a strong depress: hence the accusation of unresponsiveness. But I would like to add that if you come from a mechanical counterpart, this is probably much better at replicating that than the soft chiclet style keyboards that are prevailing even in the desktop sector.

Build quality is solid. The blue backlight is slightly dimmer than the chiclet (white) backlit keyboard from Logitech. The arrow keys are handily marked for both right and left handed use. It is visually pleasing and acceptable for everyday use although the gaming credentials are supposed to be signalled by the red rimmed inset. With a bit of ingenuity, you could use the macro functions productively for repetitive tasks.

So lets be honest, there are better keyboards out there but at higher prices and a number do not have at least one of the functions (backlighting for instance) If your budget is 50 pounds and you are going for an all rounder, this is your starting point.

T

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and unfussy, better for gaming than a standard keyboard, 26 Oct. 2013
Peter (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This keyboard is a low-end gamer's keyboard. It offers several features that will be of use to gamers. It is also usable (but not ideal) for general office use.

I've previously used the Logitech G19s Gaming Keyboard, which has loads of bells and whistles, including a little LCD screen you can use to monitor your computer's CPUs. It also has some neat functions like the ability to change the colour and intensity of the backlighting. On the downside, it needs a separate power supply, and to me it seems a little over-the-top. It has a hefty price-tag too.

By contrast, this G105 is reasonably basic, while offering everything you're likely to actually need. It's wired, not wireless, which is essential if you're hitting keys rapidly. The keys are matt black, which looks nice. The left-hand gaming keys (WASD) and the cursor keys are picked out in light grey, and there's pleasant, quite subtle blue backlighting. You can't change the backlight settings, but you can turn it off if you want. There's also a gamer's button you can press, which disables the Windows key and the context menu key, so you can't press them by accident when you're gaming.

The documentation provided is virtually non-existent. the gist of it is that you should download the software to control the keyboard from the Logitech website. Once you have installed the software, you can program the six "G-keys" down the left-hand side to perform complex actions using multiple keystrokes. There are also three "M-keys" at the top, to let you toggle the G-keys through different sets of actions if six G-keys isn't enough. And there's a "MR" button that lets you record macros on the fly during a game.

The software lets you store your G-key macros against game profiles, so you can have different assignments for each game. It makes a reasonable attempt at auto-identifying games, and suggesting suitable key assignments.

For non-gaming use, well, the keys are a little noisier than my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard, and have a slightly stiffer travel. They are not ideal for typing long documents, although I could probably get used to them in time. If you're a bit clumsy at typing, as I am, you need to watch out for the G5 key, which is right beside the shift key. Its default assignment appears to be to refresh the current window (the same as F5), so if you're filling in a form on-line, it will wipe out your work if you press it inadvertently.

I would have liked to see volume control buttons as part of this keyboard. You can of course program a couple of the G-keys as volume controls - you can also program them, bizarrely, as Windows 8 hotkeys to do things like open Charms.

If you will be using your PC primarily for playing games, you should have a gaming keyboard. This keyboard fulfils that role in an unfussy way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entry-level gaming keyboard packed with features, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Logitech G105 Backlighting Gaming Keyboard is an entry-level gaming keyboard of decent quality with many good features and though there is space for improvement (if you are willing to spend more money) G105 is good contender on market given its price and what it offers for the money.

The G105 is on the lower end of the Logitech G-Series gaming keyboards but still offers single color (blue) backlighting, 6 programmable G-keys and 5 multi-key inputs with anti-ghosting feature. Also it supports on-the-fly macro recording which makes it packed enough with features for most of gamers out there. For those more demanding Logitech in its G series offers 3 additional keyboard models – one of them G710 being the mechanical gaming keyboard.

This keyboard comes with no additional CDs, due to its nature of completely plug ’n play keyboard – no any extra installation required. I tried G105 on multiple Win OS versions and it worked on all of them like a charm – no additional SW or drivers were required.

Speaking about design, G105 resembles a standard PC keyboard, starting with its dimensions, placing of the keys and numerical keypad on the usual right side and it’s connected via standard USB 2.0 port. The keyboard comes in package box that protects it sufficiently from the possible damage during transport and within the box, therefore besides keyboard itself user gets only simple manual with pictures.

As already mentioned given its 6 programmable G-keys each of them offering 3 macros, G105 enables configuration of 18 different functions – should be enough for most of games. Speaking about backlighting, there are two brightness levels which are at least for my needs enough. During the period of testing I get used to the keystrokes which are firm but not loud when you are typing.

Overall, if you are on budget and still want to purchase gaming keyboard (for mechanical few bucks more would be required) Logitech G105 entry-level gaming keyboard is definitely an option worth consideration. Given the number of functions and taking into account it’s made by known company G105 can be recommended as good product worth money you’ll spent.

I received a sample of Logitech G105 for the purpose of testing and unbiased review, while all the presented information is based on my impressions.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this keyboard, the keys are reliable and the key illumination is useful - plus there's a 3 year warranty, 22 Oct. 2013
Charlie-CJ (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the dirt cheap Logitech Media Keyboard 600 USB2 keyboard for years which is fine for the Supreme Commander, Starcraft II and Thief type games I play as Setpoint gives it a few gaming options like disable the Windows key, and I love it's inbuilt rotary volume control. However the 600 keyboard is a bit naff, sometimes miss-types and makes quite a racket typing, so I thought I'd try this USB2 Logitech G105 gaming keyboard instead, and I have to say it is significantly better - I love the backlight and the keys are softer & more accurate and don't jar so much when playing, plus it makes a bit less noise so I get less complaints from the ladies in the household trying to sleep late at night. Initially the G105s keys felt a bit spongy and soft after the jarring hard keys on the Media 600, but after a few weeks use I really like the springy feel. I'm a keen gamer but I don't really use the silver WASD keys as I always remap for movement control via the mouse or use the arrow keys. I do however use SHIFT and CTRL a lot for gaming and software like Photoshop and I find I hit the left hand G5 G6 keys instead which is my only major complaint really - my teenage son says why don't you remap the G5 and G6 to SHIFT and CNTRL, which I suppose is a fair comment. Another downside is that lack of a nice rotary volume control (few keyboards have that), and the FN F6,F7,F8 keys that control volume instead are very poorly labelled in unlit dark orange and are pretty impossible to see - not a problem for me though as I have a Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card that comes with its own luxury volume control pod, but if you don't have that you might find volume controls on this keyboard a bit of a pain. In stock photos these brown F6, F7, F8 volume setting decals seem to light up red, but I can't get this part of the key to light up on our two G105s (might be a feature of the alternative US layout board).

The rear feet on the keyboard are as usual far too low which does reduce the brightness of the lit keys a tad unless you lean forward to view them, but in the gloom of my power saving bulb study the keys look fine set to maximum brightness - there's two brightness settings and an off for the backlight, although I doubt you'd ever switch the blue backlight off as the keys are a bit difficult to see then. I will probably stick on a load of felt feet to raise the keyboard rear more, which worked well for my previous one. Although initially I found the light silver WASD keys off putting, I now have no problems with them (got used to them). The key size is 15mm x 13mm, with a 6mm/4mm spacing between keys in X/Y, the same as our other Logitech keyboards.

The G105 keyboard doesn't run under Setpoint, you have to download Logitech Gaming Software to control the keyboard and program the G1-G6 and M1-M3 buttons and Windows key. Shame the unit isn't wireless as well I suppose, but mine never leaves the desk anyway so the 2 metre USB2 cable is fine, and it works well in combo with my wireless Logitech Performance MX Mouse. The keyboard is an inch wider than my old Media 600 one owing to the G1-G6 keys. On the whole I like the keyboard as it types more reliably than my Media 600 and the backlights great. The G105's Logitech Gaming Software runs on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.4 or later. Pushing the G105's little illuminated gaming button at the top left toggles the Windows key disable on and off, which is a nice touch.

The only thing I would add is that I actually prefer my Logitech G105 Call of Duty Gaming Keyboard MW3 special edition of this G105 keyboard which I got for £30, largely because the green backlight of the MW3 version looks better and clearer than the blue of this standard version (probably as our eyes are more sensitive to green light) - and better still I only paid £30 not £50 as the MW3 edition was on special offer. I had got the Call of Duty G105 for my 17 year old son, but he thought the MW3 branding naff and rejected it (apparently 12 year olds play Call of Duty making the MW3 branding 'uncool' for older lads). Instead he opted for the £130 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Mechanical Keyboard which he loves and the green backlighting matches his beloved Razer Deathadder gaming mouse (price not being a problem as dad paid for it). Still the MW3 editions great value if around for £30, and I like it's 'military green' looks (plus I have all the Call of Duty games). Overall I find the G105 a nice keyboard to type on and to game on, once I got used to the new layout, so 4*. Both our G105 keyboards have standard UK 105 key layouts, with the double height return and £/$/Euro keys (the box had a 'UK Version' sticker on it). The G105 keyboard feels quite solid and well made. The underside of this standard G105 keyboard is coloured bright red, which looks great (shame you can't ever see it really, as the tops standard black). I've posted pictures of both our UK layout G105s under customer images above.

Update July 2014: This Logitech G105 keyboard has a 3-year warranty and when my green Call of Duty MW3 G105 keyboard failed (keys U K M and back delete stopped working) after 15 months, Logitech replaced it with another G105 keyboard without a quibble, so great after-sales support as well. Unfortunately the Call of Duty Green LED is no longer being manufactured by Logitech so I was sent this standard blue LED backlit G105 version as the replacement, and I have now grown to really like it as the G105 keyboard is identical otherwise. Logitech didn't ask for the failed keyboard to be returned, just some photos, so replacement under warranty was free. If one of our two G105 keyboards fails again out of warranty I would replace it with another G105.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gaming, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Great keyboard, just what I wanted

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality playing pawning keyboard, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
A bit of a late review but here goes.

As with all Logitech products, this is very well made. The keyboard is ultra responsive and has a nice blue hue to the colouring. All in all simply one of the best ones put there

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and not just for gaming, 5 Dec. 2013
L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not a gamer, so this must seem like an odd choice for me? However, I really like the backlight and the keys are soft on the hands compared to my other Logitech. I'm a web developer so I type a lot of code and content, use photoshop which often requires multiple keys at a time. This keyboard made it a joy to work. Hubby commented that it was quieter and less annoying, so that's a plus.
My son, who is into games, tried the keyboard and is frequently caught sneaking it into his bedroom to attach to his laptop.
I can't comment on the gaming only functionality, but as a quiet and easy to use keyboard it's cheaper than the last one I had and seems just as hard wearing. Everyone hates to borrow my keyboards as I have long nails (natural, not glued on talons!), and I wear off the numbers and letters on the 'busier' keys. It's great for me as I touch type and never look at the keyboard, but they didn't learn to type properly and would struggle. The lettering on the keys seems to have stayed on so far, which is better than others I have used which showed signs of wear very quickly. I also worked on some of the functions to reduce the keystrokes I needed to run some of my macros and found that feature very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars And now, on the mouse organ, 15 Nov. 2013
Dr. Michael Heron (Brechin) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It may sound like a pretty petty gripe, but the keys on this keyboard developed a very noticeable squeak within a few days of use. What started as a very responsive, albeit otherwise unremarkable keyboard has become something akin to the audio track of a mouse snuff film. Every time I type a sentence it's like someone is beating Mickey Mouse with a sack full of doorbells. Perhaps that is unique to my keyboard, but it has become such a major feature in my computer use that it really put me off the device entirely.

Even without that (major) niggle, I'm not sure what it is about the keyboard that would really justify the price-point. The keys are firm and responsive, yes - but not obviously more so than other, cheaper keyboards. The configurable keys are handy, I guess, but not positioned well enough to really make them a killer feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Received on time and is an excellent item :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent mid-range gaming keyboard, 28 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Most IT buffs say you need to spend £100 to get a 'proper' gaming keyboard. From my experience they're probably right; the G105 is half that price, and falls between the really cheap keyboards and the Logitech G19. First, the good bits; it is accurate, no ghosting problems, decent build quality and software, sensible layout for right-handers. Basically what you would expect for a mid-price gaming keyboard. Now, the bad points; the keys have a lot of resistance, so you have to press hard to register. They are noisy compared to most I've used. Worst of all, although they highlight the arrow keys for us left-handed users, they do nothing to rearranged the layout to help us. Why not put some G-keys above arrow keys....why the big space between the aroow keys and the six-key block? Why not move it down so we can use them? As it is now I have to take my hand off the keys in order to reach over and use a G-key. Therefore this keyboard offers no advantage real to left-handed users whatsoever.

In summary, for right handers, this is a decent gaming keyboard, but perhaps a bit more expensive than it should be.

Left-handers, this will not help you play better or make your life noticably easier. Steer clear.

Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard