4.0 out of 5 stars Also great for professional keyboard users but non-gamers
This review is for this keyboard from a non-gamer's viewpoint; admittedly unusual, but bear with me.

As a professional developer (computer programmer) I use a keyboard for up to 12 hours a day. All day. So a keyboard is only second to a monitor (screen) as one of my most useful tools.

I need a keyboard that is easy to use, allows me to type quickly...
Published 10 months ago by Ralph Bacon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough difference to justify the price.
Had a g15 keyboard before this which was not mechanical. Bought this after reading positive comments about mechanical keyboards but there isn't much difference from any of the non - mechanical keyboards I've used in the past. My advice is save the money and purchase a good quality non - mechanical keyboard.
Published 8 months ago by mr craig dahl

4.0 out of 5 stars Also great for professional keyboard users but non-gamers, 24 Oct 2013
Ralph Bacon "Aresby" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I need a keyboard that is easy to use, allows me to type quickly with the keys spaced correctly, and which does not inflict discomfort even after hours of use and should be hard-wearing.

PROs
----
This keyboard is solid. No flex, no creaking, no bending. If feels as though it will go on forever.

The keys are properly spaced, as they should be, on a full sized keyboard. That means I can hit the delete / tab/ arrow keys without looking where they are as I correct my bug-ridden code :)

I use a profession development tool from Microsoft called Visual Studio; it has a multi-key combinations for features that I use several times an hour. For example, I must press CTRL-K followed by CTRL-F to format the selected code. It's awkward to do and is error-prone. This keyboard allows me to assign that key combination to one of the G-keys and it's been a life-saver for the last week. There are several other key and mouse combinations I can store on one of three 'banks'.

The keys can be lit to one of four levels (if you count 'off' as a level). At a mid-level it's great in subdued-light office with the one caveat mentioned below. Pity the light is white; blue, orange or red would be more restful.

The built-in volume control works great albeit with some lag before it responds sometimes. The key to disable the Windows and Control keys is only of use to gamers though, not me.

CONs
----
The characters you expect to use when using the Shift key are BELOW the characters used without shift. So the single quote character is underneath the '@' sign. Strange, but not a show-stopper. I have no idea why Logitech have done this; I'm guessing it's important to game players.

The characters underneath the top level (eg the '@' character underneath the single quote character) do NOT light up. Worse than that, they are in a peculiar font and in a silvery colour making them difficult to identify. Not a show stopper but could be done a lot better.

The cable from the keyboard is thicker than the lead from your kettle. It then splits into TWO USB plugs, probably because the keyboard draws so much power for the lights (I'm guessing). A bit unwieldy but as I have this in more-or-less the same place on my work desk it's not that important. A low-latency wireless connection would be so much better though (but then they couldn't have the lights).

Conclusion
----------
OK, this keyboard really is for game players not coders; the long list of recognised games proves this. But for professional keyboard users who need a decent macro recording system this is of great use too. Solid, durable and with a positive key press it's excellent in several respects. I expect it to last forever.

I can't report on how it behaves in a game-playing situation; I'll leave that to others. But the plethora of options in the nicely designed configuration panel leave me in no doubt that Logitech are serious about this keyboard being the standard other gamers' keyboards aspire to.

---

[If you found this review useful please up-vote; if you didn't, please don't down-vote - leave a constructive comment so I can improve this and future reviews]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant keyboard!, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I am not a hardware enthusiast by any means but I had been interested in a mechanical keyboard for a while to use for gaming (and because I needed a new one anyway). I had previously tried out the G710+ so I knew it was a solid product but it has gone beyond expectations!

I love the look of the keyboard itself - at first I wasn't a big fan of the orange strip on the macro keys but it's grown on me and I think the keyboard would be somewhat dull without it. I'm also usually a fan of coloured backlighting but I like the more understated and pure white colour on the G710+.

The Cherry MX Brown switches are perfect for me - I didn't want to get a keyboard with Cherry MX Blue because I find them too clicky and loud, but the brown switches are much quieter whilst still feeling very responsive. No chance of disturbing people with your typing late at night or whilst on skype!

The ability to have the WASD keys lighter than the rest isn't really necessary (I know where they are of course) but the button to disable the Windows key is VERY useful and I like the volume control as well.

This keyboard is an absolute pleasure to type and game on, and a very sturdy and well-built product overall. It's fairly expensive but I would strongly recommend it to anyone who has the money to spend on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 year on., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I've now owned this product for around a year and thought it a good time to write a review.

Now I have not tried another mechanical keyboard and I think its a similar position for many prospective buyers. There simply isn't enough of an avenue to test such products. It does however pay to carry out some serious research into which cherry mx keys are right for you. I play a vast majority of games, and browns are regularly touted as the jack of all trades. They offer the good tactile feedback of Blues, with a fairly low actuation but nothing as low as Reds. With the added o-rings, they are by far the quietest as well.

The quality of the keyboard itself is high. Taking it apart will reveal good design choices by Logitech, such as the extra thick pcb and metal plate on which the keys reside - giving an ultra durable feel. The keys are perfectly spaced and textured, like any other Logitech keyboard. Upgrading from a G15 was no issue - they are very similar. Each key is well lit by the individual backlight, with seperate controls for the WASD and Arrow keys. As of yet, none of my LEDS have ceased to function.

I cannot review the software as I have no need for it currently.

My only gripes with the keyboard are the orange G key surround, which is ugly and an odd design choice much like all their new G products. It is easily removable though and I have painted it black. The other gripe is the wrist rest. For the price I paid, around £120, I would have LOVED a softer wrist rest instead of the standard plastic. Its not a big deal but it would have offered a more premium feel to a premium keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gaming keyboard I have ever used, 5 Nov 2013
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this keyboard. I have spent the last few years using a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 which for the features/price is both fantastic and has served me well. More recently I got my hands on Logitech's G19s. Also a lovely keyboard but a few things put me off. It needed its own power supply and it used membrane switches. In my opinion a keyboard of that calibre should have been mechanical. That's not to say it isn't a good keyboard and the screen is the obvious key feature.

Enter the G710+. In my opinion this keyboard is everything the G19s should have been minus the screen.

Build quality is fantastic. It uses a metal frame and although it has a reassuring weight to it, it isn't too heavy. Aesthetically it is clear that this is gaming keyboard through and through. But as I sit her using it to write this review I am finding it more and more comfortable for writing.

It has a clip on wrist rest and solid riser feet. Though the backlight is only in white I find it looks very good and can be adjusted in stages. The great thing is that the WASD keys and the arrow keys are grey where the rest of the keys are black. This helps you find them in the heat of a game, but rather usefully those keys' backlight can be independently controlled so you can have them brighter/dimmer than the rest. Absolutely fantastic.

There's a bank of 6 macro keys and 3 mode keys giving you access to 18 macros, with the ability ro record on the fly. There's a button to toggle the windows key on and off, great for me as I often hit it during ham-fisted moments on BF4. You need the Logitech gaming software for these but since I already have a Logitech G500 mouse, the software detected the keyboard straight away and I was up and running.

There are a couple of media keys and a roller for volume control which is both handy and fluid to use.

In operation this is my first mech keyboard and I am very pleased with it. There are all different kinds of switches that give differing levels of resistance and feedback. The G710+ uses Brown switches that are a perfect compromise, not too noisy but they also give a not too intrusive `clack' in use. The keys themselves are nicely spaced and I find myself making less errors than when I used to use my X4. I do a bit of html/css and general web coding and I am finding coding on this keyboard surprisingly pleasant. Though long sessions may get a bit tiring on the fingers using these brown switches.

Now for the things I wasn't too keen on.

In order to power the keyboard, it has two usb plugs. This means the keyboard cable is quite thick. Not too much of a problem but I think it would have been nicer had the cable been braided. Though there is USB pass through if you find yourself low on usb ports.

The fonts on the keys for secondary symbols are a bit of an odd choice and as they aren't backlit sometimes hard to see. This is the only thing that detracts from using this kb extensively for productivity rather than gaming in my opinion.

Overall this is a fantastic keyboard that Logitech should be proud of. It is everything the G19s should have been. In fact I don't know why they didn't just slap a screen on this for their their G19s model.

It feels durable and solid and has clearly been well thought out for gamers. Loving BF4 on this right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars G710+ - ecellent build shame you cannot read the shift characters, 28 Aug 2014
Ian Baker (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I do not use the G710+ for gaming. I wanted a quality keyboard with Cherry switches - my other Logitech keyboards have worn out quickly. The illumination behind the keys is fine EXCEPT no shift characters are illuminated and they are a dull grey colour legend on black so difficult to see. For touch typing the index finger locators are virtually non existent so it is easy to lose position. Build quality seems to be excellent with good tactile feedback. Rotary volume control is better than using up/down buttons. Single connecting cable splits to 2 USB plugs for keyboard functionality and lighting presumably. Biggest niggle is the poor key-tops not displaying the shift characters and it would have been so easy to have made it work properly - at this price it is disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect. Save for a few... niggles., 7 Sep 2014
Mr. L. Riley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Excellent keyboard. The brown switches are the perfect balance between gaming and typing comfort. I wouldn't see why anybody would want anything else. Brown switches are supposed to be unclicky... which I guess they are, but that doesn't stop browns from making noise, even with the already installed dampeners. Stick to MX browns, trust me.

Only negatives are the inability to dim the CapsLock, NumLock, ScrollLock and WinLock keys - though this is a minor and you do get used to it. For those saying it's like having a torch shone in your face, they are massively over exaggerating and unless you are strangely in line with those keys, which would be impossible unless you want your keyboard half a metre to your left, then it isn't going to shine anywhere near your eyes... not that it is powerful enough to be distracting if it was anyway.

The more annoying negative has got to be the removable wrist rest. For some reason, whoever designed it thought it'd be a grand idea to make the attachment for the rest area on the underside to be small and insecure. End result? If your palm is clamped down on the wrist rest for quite lengthy periods of time, as it would be when gaming (especially when playing FPS), what tends to happen is that whenever you lift your wrist off of the rest, it tends to pull the rest up with it because it briefly sticks to your palm before falling and clonking loudly on whatever surface it may be resting on. This foolish flaw has pretty much taken away from what I would have considered to be the best mechanical around, for design, comfort, durability, etc... so someone at Logitech has to get fired for such narrow-minded thinking.

Other minor? Volume roller is very light and doesn't have any real definition, meaning control over volume is less precise, but this is another minor.

Overall, I wouldn't say it was worth £125. Why its £149.99 RRP is so high, I do not know, but I'd say at the most it should be selling for £110.

If the stupid font on the keys, the roller, the lights for special keys and the wrist rest had all been thought out better, this keyboard would of been one of those history makers I think. Unfortunately some doughnut didn't think from a gamer's point of view when they designed it. However, overall, in comparing tons of reviews for other keyboards, scouting forums, complaints, hardware failures, build quality, etc and me just generally being really picky... I still think that I've bought the best mechanical keyboard for the money. It is well built. The switches are great. The lighting is excellent. The volume roller is a nice touch and the windows key disable button is useful. All of this plus it is very solid and durable and has a nice 3 year warranty and you can see why it'd be much more preferable in comparison to the offerings of the Corsair K95 and the Roccat Ryos.

5.0 out of 5 stars This keyboard has a very ergonomic feel to it., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I bought this keyboard after I stupidly spilled Tea on my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition and i have to say at first i was annoyed because i usually am very careful around my keyboard but after i purchased this keyboard as my new one i feel like it was all worth it. They keys on this keyboard are reasonably quiet and give a very satisfying click with every press. I also feel that this keyboard is very practical because of the wire management that goes underneath the keyboard, my desk as never been so tidy and organised. The positives don't stop there as the user interface used in the Logitech gaming software that is provided is very easy to use.
I do however have one complaint and that is i feel that the programmable G-Keys are a little too far away for practical use while gaming but its not really too much of an issue for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars only get what you pay , for A WORLD CLASS KEYBOARD, 29 July 2014
David I. Walker (Galashiels) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
This is a superlative keyboard ( for gaming or normal use ) - I have never used a better keyboard before , I bought this a month ago , for using with a new gaming computer , which i finally got installed 1 week ago - wow

the keybaord is responsive , quiet , and you dont have the worry or a command not being obeyed ( eg - i was having problems
when trying to reload an autoloader with the old logitech keyboard and would press ' C ' and the message would not get through
( the old keyboard was 2 years old ) this works flawklessly when I play WORLD OF TANKS , also the back lighting is really nice for playing at night , and i notice no problems at all , doing this

it might not be cheap , but its worth every penny , my win rate is also slightly better as i am more confident using this keyboard
i recommend this to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars I want it's babies!, 13 Nov 2013
Chris "C.Davies" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
After a LONG couple of nights making the decision between this and it's Razer counterpart I decided to stick with Logitech as I have half a computer desk of their gear - I'm so glad I did!

Firstly a bit of background, my main areas of use are gaming, programming and security related activities so I spend a lot of time on the keyboard typing and needed desperately to replace my old membrane keyboard. It's my first mech keyboard that I own and I must say it's really impressive!

Let's go through the pro's and con's.

PRO's:
- Nice backlit keyboard
- Sturdy - no flex/creaking
- Great overall feel when typing
- Sturdy rubber pads on the bottom
- Brown switches - nice and quiet compared to other mechanical keyboards

CON's:
- Backlight's don't backlight the entire key. The shift input's aren't lit up for some strange reason.
- Cord - OK I understand they have a pass-through usb but does the cable really need to be as thick as it is?!
- Font - I have no idea what font they used on this keyboard, specifically for the shift inputs but it's a bit out of place.

Overall I'm so glad I picked this keyboard, it really is a nice piece of hardware and a pleasure to use. The con's are really just the picky one's I could come up with after the wife read me the riot act after spending £100 on a keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome keyboard, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Love the feel of the keyboard, looks great, simple to set up the programmable keys, and many different handy little perks like the gaming button to disable windows presses, the volume roller, and USB port on the back.

No more of those missed key presses, just solid sharp performance and a good quality product.

The sound from the key presses is a lot lower than many other mechanical keyboards.

Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard