4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Battlefield is better this year
Published 12 months ago by J-L

3.0 out of 5 stars maybe skip this one....!
Published 2 months ago by M. MCCRORY

3.0 out of 5 stars maybe skip this one....!, 30 Sep 2014
M. MCCRORY "it's good to talk" (Frankfurt, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I’ve really enjoyed COD campaigns in the past but I’ve never been a big fan of their multiplayer experience. The campaign in this game is a little bit on the short side as compared to the previous COD games and I feel that it’s a story you will forget 10 minutes after finishing it. The Multiplayer is the same as always, you die way too easily and the amount of players just camping is unbelievable. It makes an OK game very frustrating at times as I was playing last night with 11 other players on a team death match and I honestly believed that I was the only player actually running around looking for the enemy. The graphics are OK but not what you would expect from a next gen console and I sympathize with anyone who bought this for the full price on day one. I paid just over £20 for the game and even that feels like bit expensive for a game that looks like an Xbox 360 game. All-in-all I would skip this title and wait until COD advanced warfare comes out later this year or just buy battlefield 4 instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy THE GAME IS DEAD NOW, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
The game is pointless in even buying. Campain is all ruthly the same there's a couple of good levels don't get me wrong. But if you want to take your experience online then good luck with that there's only 2000-3000 people online which is nothing and you will struggle to find a game, I would wait for the upcoming call of duty game "advance warefare" as you will waste your money on this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Multiplayer leaves me feeling frustrated and angry, 19 Dec 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
First off, I've been a huge CoD fan for many years, and have been playing the series online since Modern Warfare 1 (CoD4). So, I was looking forwards to this iteration of the franchise. What follows is my own opinion of playing this game online in competitive matches.

It pains me to say this, but in my opinion this is the single worst, most unplayable version of CoD I have ever played online. I really want to like this game, but I simply can't. Why:

First, the maps are large and seemingly comprise a maze of through routes containing lots of clutter, which is a camper's paradise. Indeed, camping seems to be a popular play style now. I find moving across the maps in order to play the objective very difficult because of the frequency by which someone pops up and shoots me. This makes for a real uphill struggle.

Second, the seeming haphazard spawning means that very often, it's easy to be shot from behind at random as a consequence of spawn location. This is unacceptable, especially given the size of many of the maps.

Third, you die very quickly in this version; there is little you can do to escape being shot because you are dead already. In previous versions of CoD, I've been happy to play hardcore mode, and so I'd normally be ok with this. But, when combined with the large cluttered maps with their unexpected ambush opportunities, this makes for very frustrating gameplay.

In sum, whilst the game may suit some players, I personally find the on-line element effectively unplayable. I can't get any traction with many of these maps and playing them is a trial. Indeed, I often find I simply cannot stay in a game to completion; playing this game leaves me feeling angry and frustrated. If the problem was a technical issue, then it could be solved, but we are stuck with these maps. Given how much I have enjoyed the previous iterations in this franchise, I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am with Ghosts. Unless you are a top-notch player, then my advice to you is to avoid this title.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but Battlefield is better this year, 9 Dec 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I am glad i bought this game as it really has got a very gripping and all round great story, the graphics are obviously very good as you would expect from the cod franchise especially on Xbox one, the multiplayer is slightly disappointing as its the same stuff every year with different maps, but this year maps feel a bit rubbish to be honest, not much detail or thought been put into them and nearly every game i find myself spawning next to enemies or enemies spawning next to me which of course is a easy kill but not realistic at all, and also i seem to just sprint and sprint and sprint around the map which is ridiculous, if you want realism and great detail and entertainment go and buy Battlefield, the multiplayer is in another league compared to Call of duty. However the graphics, story and a OK multiplayer means this gets a 4/5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical COD, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
The game arrived as expected for an international delivery. The package was a sealed US version which runs perfectly fine on my console. The game is a typical COD affair, dramatic plots, ridiculous set pieces and a linear structure. However, I found that it looked great and was plenty of fun to play. Haven't bothered with the multi player element at this stage but it was well worth the price for a fun pacey single player campaign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 29 April 2014
Kenneth Lee Jackson "generation kill" (londonderry northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Who wouldn't be happy with call of duty ghosts, also in perfect condition and a speedy delivery. Hope to get more games, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars cod ghosts, 19 Dec 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
i know a lot of people hate this cod game but i like it. i had this on the xbox 360 and all ways told myself i will buy this again on xbox one someday. i recently brought a second xbox one controller and got £10 off any xbox one game on amazon so i got this for £6.85 grate deal thanks amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 21 Dec 2013
S. Hawley (DURHAM UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
We ordered this product and it came in the time span it said it would and was well wrapped up and delivered in a good condition, as well as being good quality and good value for your money and as described on the product description. I would use this Amazon seller again and recommend them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty game., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I've just started to play it and I've got to the 5th level and everytime you get to the end you get kicked out of the game and back to your xbox home screen not happy that I've bought a faulty game. If I could give a nought a I would

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old COD, 5 May 2014
Gavin Jackson "tonixuk" (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Having played all of the COD games i found this really disappointing, traded in for Battlefield 4 after only 1 week and have never looked back!

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) by Activision (Xbox One)