on 5 July 2015
Now I bought another one of these because the controller that came with the Xbox had no wireless function. Shortly after opening the Xbox controller I tried to hook it up and this failed and now the controller is not responding when I press the Xbox button. Having confirmed the power sources were functional by doing the same thing with my old controller and the light lit up, but I have never been able to access the wireless function. I've had to use a usb cable to play, which has now broke.

I know the wireless function failure is unique to my Xbox because I got it from launch and it wasn't functional from the beginning, and I didn't think of returning it within its 1 year warrantee. I know.

So overall I feel the controller would work with a different console hence the 4 stars, but I would not buy this. The new covert forces controller has just been released and if you're in the market for a new controller, get the covert forces one. It will be much more reliable and you don't need the bulky adapted for headset compatibility.

Hope this is helpful to you guys, I'd be glad to answer any questions.
on 16 March 2014
Wireless controller the does what it is supposed to. What more is there to say? With this being the next version of the Xbox controller it is an improvement over the Xbox 360 controller, although it may feel a bit strange at first, you will quickly get used to it.

This new controller does feel lighter than the 360 version which I do think does make a large impact on the feel of the controller. Another improvement that has been put into place is the vibrating impulse triggers, this does really add some thing to games.

This controller also feels more comfortable thanks to the batteries being store within the actual controller, this always bugged me on the 360 controller and so I do feel this is a good addition. Something else that they have improved is the joysticks, they have changed the material and so the grip is much better.

All in all this controller is a massive improvement to what was already a very good controller, and so this is exceptional. The changes that they have implement have made a massive difference that I do really like.
on 5 January 2015
Fantastic controller to use with PC games. Basically an improvement on the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows in every single way (more comfortable, better triggers, better buttons). The only real downside is that wireless is NOT supported on Windows at this time.

The controller was extremely easy to set up. It uses a standard MicroUSB to USB cable (I am using one that came with my Android phone for now and that is working fine) and only required me to install drivers which were available on the Microsoft site and easily found by typing Xbox One Controller Drivers For Windows into Google.

The drivers emulate an Xbox 360 controller on Windows, meaning that any game with Xinput support (which is the vast majority of modern PC games) supports the controller natively and will have the proper button prompts.

Overall, fantastic buy if you're looking for a new controller for your PC. Lack of wireless is the only real downside when compared to the Dualshock 4, but this is offset by the ease of use and proper support.
on 7 January 2015
I purchased this as both a second controller for my Xbox One and as a controller for my PC. It works on both flawlessly (I was surprised that it really does just work on pretty much everything in my Steam collection, giving all those "bargains" I've never played from Steam sales a new lease of life.

I have a PS4 as well as this and I'm really torn between the two for a favourite, but both are huge improvements over the previous generation, really comfortable to use and just become invisible after prolonged use.

If I had to split hairs, I'd say I preferred the offset placement of the thumbsticks on Xbox One, but the DPad placement is worse by default and it has a less positive action than that on the PS4.

One thing to note, at the time I purchased this, not only was it as cheap as anywhere I could find on the web, it also offered a £10 discount for any Xbox One title, so I got GTA V for a bargain price at the same time.

Great controller - highly recommended, service great as usual.
on 8 October 2014
Fantastic, durable, need I say any more?

I have to say, I didn't think after the ergonomics and comfort of the 360 controller that it could be improved. But consistently after long sessions, there are no aches and pains, it doesn't slip out of your hand when you've been sweating, and It is even more comfortable then it's older brother. Well worth it
on 23 June 2015
So, this is arguably the best controller ever made. The overall design and layout of the buttons are near perfect. The bumpers are poorly designed though and there is no 3.5mm jack.

However, there is a newer version of this controller, with improved Bumpers and a 3.5mm audio jack. This controller does not have that. So buyer beware.
on 30 December 2014
I imagine that the majority of people buying this will already have a controller and therefore know what to expect.

However if there are some people reading this to find out what the controller is like prior to buying a console I will go into a little more detail.

The controller hasn't changed significantly in shape over the years as MS have found a set-up that works well. The most significant change from the XB360 controller is the bulky battery compartment which is now built into the design making it look more sleek. The only functional change is the D-pad which now is just an up-down-left-right option. One new addition is 'rumble' triggers which provide a bit more feedback.

The reason I can't award this with the full 5 stars is down to the actual build quality. My 360 controllers feel much more solid and well built. The plastic feels thinner and more 'creaky'. It feels like it won't last as long as the 360's controller so it loses a mark here
on 16 October 2014
The one I got with the Xbox1 about a year ago was finally a bit faulty after countless hours of use/being dropped (not thrown, honest), so ordered this at 6:30 pm and it arrived at 7:30am the next morning! Tremendous, oh and as an owner of the Playstation also, I thoroughly prefer this controller to Sony's effort.
on 30 June 2015
As a fan of the Xbox 360 controller I was excited to try the Xbox one controller and I have to say it's not as good the buttons on the back don't feel as good nore do the analogue tiny sticks overall it's a good controller just not as good as the 360 also you cannot use on PC without a sub cable connected
on 9 December 2015
It's a nice controller, I love the analogue sticks which are easier to move then in the previous xbox controller.
Unfortunately the bumper buttons are built with a lever and you can only press them on the one edge...

I haven't use it much (bought it in January 2015) and the left bumper (LB) button just became unresponsive - first I thought that it's the Just Cause 3 that's buggy but I've checked with xpadder and it doesn't always work when you press it...

Not to mention that it's wired if you use it with PC unless you've been forced to upgrade to Windows 10 - then you can get a wireless adapter but Microsoft made it work only with Windows 10........

One more thing, looks like Microsoft gives only 90 days of warranty on this controller...

Seriously, I've got my 5 years old xbox 360 controller and it works perfectly fine - the build quality of xbox one controller is a joke...